FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 18 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 11, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Without a good change in car configuration and management this will be a terrible time/year for Ferrari. Mercedes are the model to emulate. Period.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  2. DF1

Futher proof that I heard Binotto has only a few weeks left to have positive impact. They may wait unti year over to change but the decision will be complete before that time.
    He is not the person for this role. Car and management are absurd. Arrive was at least somewhat organized on the surface.

william, bmwracer, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    " There is obviously a big problem at SF"

I hear that for the last 50 years !!

All the changes, and sackings often don't lead to improvement, but long periods of instability, more bad results and complete demotivation.

Study Ferrari history and see how many valuable engineers, technicians and drivers they have got rid off, who went to work for other teams and brought result there. Some are at Mercedes now !!!

4. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Ok Fuzzy Zoeller

5. DF1

Vettel: I did Hamilton a favour with Spanish GP move on Bottas - Try helping Ferrari instead lol Seb

ATBNM3, Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    DiResta all over Ferrari today; shame the dope forgot to mention the obvious-that Ferrari are too slow to challenge MB.

Hammy and Toto coming to SF won’t result in anything-the problem is in the aero/chassis area. Need tech people.

Designing a fast car out of the box and being able to develop it is the problem.

kandi likes this.
  7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Arrivibene's only shortcoming was not kicking the pitwall and SV in the ass last year. He was good otherwise. Ferrari produced a WDC/WCC capable car under him, something that didn't happen for a while before he came along.

DF1 likes this.
  8. DF1

Ferrari's worst performance of 2019 is alarming for anyone trying to keep the faith
    The entire Ferrari F1 process must be questioned as to compare to Mercedes. Development of the car, management in race/pre-race and evolution as the season is moving. One item cannot be changed and bring Ferrari to the top step. The process entirely deserves a review and adjustment.

william likes this.
  9. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He's going to be impossible to beat if he gets a WDC capable car and keeps his nose clean. He's done nothing out of sorts this year, and has kept himself in a position to always be picking up points.

stavura, Finlander, zygomatic and 3 others like this.
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes more sackings. Inevitably he'll be replaced by another Italian because, well, he's italian and lets give them the job first.

****ing hire someone fit for the job, not because of his nationality, but because he's good at what he does! I'm beyond caring at Ferrari any longer. They emphasize constantly how they need to be Italian. Why? You only ever really do well when managed (or at least employ people of importance) by someone who is NOT Italian!

When Montezemelo set his sights on tearing apart the dream team because Todt got all the recognition, it was the worst move possible. He got rid of Schumacher for Kimi (fine we got a title out of it), only to not much later drop Kimi for Alonso, to drop him for Vettel, who will be dropped for Hamilton, who will leave in disgust....I just hope Verstappen isn't stupid enough to join that bunch of idiots until they get their act together.

I love Ferrari but all I can do now is laugh at how inept they are. Stunting around all over the place. I'm glad I support another team and driver together with Ferrari.

subirg, jgonzalesm6 and Jakuzzi like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep. And people best be prepared for some extremely boring years when that happens. Sadly. As it'll be a shame to see him just driving away from it all a la Mexico 17 and 18, miles in front without a bother of anyone...boring!

12. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'd laugh if Ham went to Ferrari. It's where people go to retire. I'd also double laugh if MB ended up with both MV and CL.

Bas likes this.
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ferrari showing its falling backwards. Terrible tire strategy, terrible driver strategy, terrible pit stop execution, and terrible race pace.

Robb, william, Bas and 3 others like this.
  14. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Barcelona testing SV

Q3

= no progress whatsoever.

ypsilon and Bas like this.
  15. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Italianess at its finest :)

william and Bas like this.
  16. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Unfortunately yes. They've been very poor at strategy for a good while now and still haven't sorted that out which is absurd. From memory (and bear in mind I'm trying to forget all the races this year) I think in each race this year they've left with fewer points than they should have thanks to poor strategy.

But what I really don't understand (and clearly neither do they) is what has happened to the car. Regardless of how much Mercedes was sandbagging and how much they've improved their car, in testing (at this same track) Ferrari had a quick car that was easy to drive, well-balanced and not, as far as one can tell, stupidly slow in the last section of the track. So what has gone on between then and now because clearly Ferrari have gone backwards at least as much as Mercedes and Red Bull and the others have gone forwards?

Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  17. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It seems to me quite simple where Ferrari really went wrong and it goes all the way back to 2008-ish. When Ross Brawn took his sabbatical he agreed to go and see Ferrari before signing up for any other team and he did but they didn't have a role for him. So he went to Honda which became Brawn which became Mercedes and put everything in place there for the domination they've enjoyed since (with a championship for Brawn as well whilst he was at it). When you have someone that good working for you then you move heaven and earth to keep them working for you and, at least as importantly, not working for anyone else. Williams made much the same mistake in letting Adrian Newey go and look where they are now.

JStone414, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep. MB with MV and CL....I think F1 would disband surely!:D

Bang on the money. Brawn left MB after a disagreement but the work he and Michael did was already done. MB never gave credit where it was due on that and it annoys me greatly.

Newey has had some BIG offers over the years to entice him away from Red Bull, including an enormous one from Ferrari. Red Bull has made Newey a happy man. He knows Ferrari won't give happiness. A few races of no results (because it's too early) and they'll call for his head. But he's really content at Red Bull and can indulge himself in passion projects also. Gets paid a hefty wage (deservedly so). Red Bull have done well satisfying the people working for them, a hard place to leave. That's why I have such admiration for Christian Horner. Not only a racing driver before, but his people skills is incredible. A real joy to work for that team I'm sure. I can't imagine Ferrari being a good team to work in now. The atmosphere must be dreadful. Especially now...Ferrari looked seriously strong the last 2 years in pre-season testing and they have no pace. To be this much slower today is a punch in the gut. I can't see any upside at Ferrari whatsoever right now. Must be as miserable working there as it is working for Williams!

Worker morale down = what? Poor results. We saw the gap in qualy yesterday. Devastating. Terrible pitstops. No more happiness.

Game over.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  19. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    +1. They should hire Fabiano Caruana, an American Chess Grandmaster (of Italian descent), as their strategist, and stop playing checkers.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I have said that for sometime .

Isobel and Bas like this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes confirms a problem in the Bottas clutch in the output.

Valtteri Bottas (2nd):

"I had a problem with my clutch at the start, it was vibrating and it seemed to be released at a very fast frequency, so my start was very poor." Unfortunately, that meant that all the hard work of the weekend was lost at the beginning. But that's the way it is sometimes, we are a strong team and we will investigate the cause of the problem to make sure it does not happen again in the future For me, personally, it was not the best day, but from the team's perspective it's an end very good week.

Toto Wolff , team director:

"We tried to overtake the benchmark every year and see that all this comes after suffering in the winter tests is fantastic for the team, we saw a strong Lewis today, he was quick from the start, Valtteri lost the lead at the start," something strange with his clutch at the beginning and we have to investigate it, after the first corner it was a relatively simple race ".

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://soymotor.com/noticias/mercedes-en-el-gp-de-espana-f1-2019-domingo-963901&prev=search

Bas likes this.
  22. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Terrible day for the Scuderia in all ways.

Hoping that some pressure from outside sources - maybe stock holders - can persuade them to hire the right people for leadership, strategy and engineering.

Robb

23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Evidently Ferrari are in negotiation to bring Paddy Lowe into the team,yeh that would make sense.

24. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    On the strength of his work at Williams......? ;)

Bas and william like this.
  25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Absolutely, i mean just look at how that Williams improved,just what Ferrari need to make sure they remain the Keystone Cops of F1.;)