FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, May 11, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Or at the very least slow down the "Hamilton sucks" posts that abound here, especially if within a season or two he's winning, driving a red car!! Boy, would that make the mod's job easier here. :D

On the other hand, if Mercedes kept winning, having replaced Hamilton with, I dunno, pick a name, then what would we have to argue about?

D

cairns and thirteendog like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Based on qualifying S3, only Red Bull (and with that, actually just Max as Gasly is there to field the 2nd car nothing more), has a tiny chance at Monaco. Bottas insane lap in quali was ultimately won on the third sector and even he himself was far of on his 2nd go. Lewis didn't manage to come near his S3 time in several goes.

I don't know if it was perfect tyre management hiving him that edge or the cars' chassis is that good.

Interestingly, last years' S3 Vettel was near identical to the Red bull of Ricciardo (who aced Monaco quali by a decent margin).

Verstappen has a slim chance at breaking the Mercedes record breaking perfect season. He won't have back up in the form of another car to win the race though, so not only does he need the perfect lap, he also needs to be really on it in the race and have a dosage of luck at that.

Ferrari practically stands no chance. They really went backwards compared to last year chassis wise.

stavura and crinoid like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    We can kick start it now calling for Lewis to be replaced.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    We would find out that "who ever they choose " could win a WDC in this car as well. Most likely the GOAT farce would end too as no way Lewis would "organize" Ferrari, which driver ever did??? Not even Schumacher can claim that for himself without Todt and Brown...
    But looking at the luck of Lewis the year he goes there they would come around with a killer car even false strategy could not stop...Just image how the Lewis-fanboys would go crazy then

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ok, now taking nominees . . .

How about Mick Schumacher? Put him in the 2nd seat at Mercedes, move Bottas up, move Hamilton over to Ferrari.

Oh, the irony.

D

Bas likes this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    The 5x "GOAT" and Leclerc.....now that's worth watching.

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I think we may be on the same page on this one.

D

P.Singhof likes this.
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    You should be banned just for suggesting such a thing!!

stavura and fil like this.
  9. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Probably.

But seriously, would you rather have Michael's kid be an also ran in a Ferrari, or win in a Mercedes? I mean, after all Michael did not ALWAYS drive for Ferrari, right?

D

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The current thinking is the front wing and most of the aero behind it overall. They have power and the aero is wrong overall with respect to corner in medium and low speed regimes. The best testing time they had was equalled today but hardly exceeded it seems. they have neutral development it appears.
    The Aero on the Redbull is different this year. Max’ words about Mercedes are concerning for a repeat this year at Monaco.

Mercedes appear to have targeted this regime for improvement and many find Mercedes to be a favorite for this years Monaco GP. I was not thinking that in testing lol

Bas and G. Pepper like this.
  11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Several years ago the Ferrari out-handled the Mercedes but was inferior on faster circuits. This year the shoe seems to be on the other foot. Monaco is not looking good for the Scuderia, but look for Max to be a real factor.

Bas likes this.
  12. DF1

Max and both Mercedes possibly. Dark horse I hope is Charles lol :)

13. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Indeed not. I saw him at Le Mans driving a Mercedes well before his F1 career had even commenced.

dm_n_stuff likes this.
  14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    lol you would be in for a rude awakening

Lewis has driven better equipment than anyone in F1 history and it really has inflated perceptions of him

daytona355, stavura, 375+ and 4 others like this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Well, if even BURGER said himself so
    I know since my last visit at McDonald's that Ham and Burger have a thing going on...

stavura and DF1 like this.
  16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Abdurahman Kariel likes this.
  17. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    375+, Bas, Ferrari 308 GTB and 4 others like this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Im not a fan of Hamilton but at this stage he deserves full appreciation for his work; I have yet to see an incredible wet race from him like senna of Schumacher had though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Ferrari will not win a race this year and I doubt on this form ever win another championship again before F1 Collapses. How can the team go backwards from testing?

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    1991 all over again..although i find it way more stupid this time, given how much more tec they have....

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The question remains how a team with an own test track within the Factory ever did agree to a Formula that bans testing....
    Ferrari gave away their biggest advantage and unsurprisingly they have never won a title after that.
    It actually does not make a difference who is driving for them, be it Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton. I guess Leclerc will learn it the hard way. Bow it might be a dream coming up from Alfa, maybe in 5 years he might consider it a nightmare. Let's hope it does not ruin his career before it even started

daytona355 likes this.
  22. DF1

Correct. Mercedes Ver2 in testing was impressive but slightly not as noticed due to hype of the ultra balanced/poised easy to drive now erratic Ferrari lol :)

23. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    What's more concerning is that Ferrari is slower. :eek:

24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name: