FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAN PREMIO DELL'EMILIA ROMAGNA 2020: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Oct 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Blue flags are for kindergarden, even without DRS

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Ferrari could be in 1st place if their car wasn't crap :D

kes7u, william and F2003-GA like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes. Whilst I understand a driver once his separation from the team is announced, receives limited information and to a degree, lesser support, Ferrari has taken it to a whole new level. I know Ferrari has great difficulty understanding that there is in fact more than 1 of their cars on track even in best of times, but they make themselves look like a laughing stock. Not supporting Vettel reasonably ultimately hurts themselves as well, as they can't use Vettel for Strategy to help Leclerc.

Quali battle between Vettel and LEclerc last year was 11-9 (Leclerc winning). Leclerc was just 0.013 per sector faster.

These are the only comments from Ferrari. They almost seemed proud of Vettel's low place.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Just compare Ferrari with Renault where Ricciardo has announced he was leaving.
    There doesn't seem to be any acrimony and Ricciardo is still making progress, bringing the team to the front.
    I think both parties will benefit to the last race from that harmonious co-operation.
    I find that a very sensible attitude. At Ferrari, its' the opposite.
    Same at McLaren, BTW, although Sainz is also leaving.

Some teams seem to create unnecessary tension, like Ferrari and Red Bull.

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes. I must say I'm surprised at how Mclaren and Renault operate to a certain degree. Sainz especially last few races doing wonderful. Maybe those teams realize the money that's on the table by getting better WCC position.

I understand why a team starts shielding a driver that's leaving, i.e. not being invited to certain meetings and receiving of parts and so on. Ferrari however has absolutely zero IP that a driver would want to take with him to the new team, unless it was a guide how not to run a team and how not to build a car. I'm at a loss for words.

500tr, Etcetera and william like this.
  6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Any other driver would be an upgrade to this yokel. This is the guy who left 2 WCC/WDC on the table and now he's leaving 3-4 WCC spots on the table. Utterly amazing how he is still in that car.

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    leaving 2 WDC's on the table assumes he at least had the best car...which he didn't. Both he and Ferrari messed up. Schumacher had a nice rule: "I allow myself 1 mistake per season". Both Vettel and Ferrari made more than that...

jpalmito and 500tr like this.
  8. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    The comparisons with Ricciardo and Sainz are not very helpful: both are drivers with a future while Vettel only has past, and his past is even under question. Let's not forget also that in the last races of 2019 he was already melting down.

So I think that this is not just a lack of support from the team but a lack of support from himself. His ass is on fire and he knows it.

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The fire started last year. He was aware of writing on the wall that indicated his time was up as a top driver.

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    FIA evaluating procedures after Imola pre-restart situation

Formula 1’s governing body, the FIA, says it is aware of the pre-restart situation at Imola, which was labelled “dangerous” by drivers, and will evaluate whether any changes are necessary.

The Safety Car was deployed in the race when Max Verstappen’s Red Bull suffered a tyre failure on the run to the Villeneuve chicane and became beached in the gravel trap.

Under the Safety Car Williams’ George Russell lost control of his FW43 on the approach to Acque Minerale.

After a few laps those who had been a lap down were given the signal to overtake and did so in a bid to return to the train prior to the restart, as per the usual protocol.

A group of four marshals were still working at the area where Russell had crashed, with one on the track sweeping away debris.

Kimi Raikkonen was first to encounter the scene after the exit of the Piratella left-hander and backed off, which prompted close pursuers Antonio Giovinazzi, Nicholas Latifi and Romain Grosjean to do likewise.

Sebastian Vettel and Lance Stroll, following at separate intervals, approached the scene at speed, with Stroll in particular passing close by to the marshals at considerable speed.

Grosjean and Vettel both radioed their respective teams to inform them of the “dangerous” situation though it is understood these complains were not passed on by their teams to Race Control at the time.

Article 39.12 of Formula 1’s Sporting Regulations states that once drivers are given the signal to unlap themselves they “should then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and make every effort to take up position at the back of the line.”

Double waved yellow flags were still being shown both trackside and on the lighting panels, the locations of which are outlined in the pre-event briefing, and as per the wording of the regulations these were observed by drivers.

On Tuesday, after a request by MotorsportWeek.com on the situation, the FIA confirmed that they will review whether current procedures need to be amended.

“The safety of the marshals and trackside officials is of the highest priority for the FIA,” read a statement provided.

“Race control was made aware of the issue and is evaluating whether any changes can be made to the procedures currently in place to further protect the marshals and officials and minimise the likelihood of a reoccurrence in the future.”

The situation only came to light after Formula 1 Race Director Michael Masi held his usual post-race debrief with the media.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2020/11/03/fia-evaluating-procedures-after-imola-pre-restart-situation/?feed_id=10850

DF1 likes this.
  11. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am of the belief that starting towards the end of last year, throughout the offseason and during this year, Ferrari has chosen to develop this car in the direction of Leclerc's preferences. I think Vettel is very limited in the type of car he can drive quickly. It is very telling that Charles was still quicker then Vettel despite a car that had been geared, for years, towards Seb's preferences. I think the small shifts towards Charles' preferences and away from Seb's has just amplified the differences in the drivers' speeds.

Kevin

12. DF1

Ferrari should work for this model.
    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/71916/former-technical-director-mercedes-i-was-speechless-.html

Aldo Costa was technical director until the end of 2018 at Mercedes. He was mentioned by Toto Wolff in the speech he gave after the Grand Prix at Imola, where Mercedes won the seventh constructors' title. He admitted how honoured he is, considering he is no longer involved with Mercedes.

"We had signs on which to put projects and ambitions," Costa reflected on the beginning of the Mercedes adventure. "I wrote that we shouldn't think about winning a title, but about winning many of them. It wasn't a boast, it's just that these are objectives that require completely different organisational processes."

"He left me speechless," Costa told La Gazzetta dello Sportwhen he heard his name, but he understands why. "But the fact that he remembered that episode is confirmation of the atmosphere in the team. Of the values we have built. Toto didn't talk about mechanics or technique. He talked about people and values."

"He called Mercedes a Fun-Team, because people enjoy working there. Because there is unity, there is no politics. And more than anything else there is a climate of non-colevolution. Which is fundamental. If when you make a mistake you know that you will be protected and consoled rather than pointed out, you will feel free to dare. And in a rapidly developing context like Formula 1, daring is absolutely necessary."

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    What a difference that must have been for Aldo Costa who came from Ferrari !!

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    With Todt, the winning spirit was there no doubt.
    Without him and Brawn the old bad politics were back and the decline began.

15. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    This is true for any line of business though. Bad management always severly underestimates the cost of bad politics.

william likes this.
  16. DF1

Yes - a focus on winning and not placing blame. Results vs image.

Everyone is focused on Vettel who is losing again in equal machinery and not on building something that works in terms of team structure. The problem is beyond Vettel vs Charles etc. The focus should be on winning and building the environment and mental focus to win and sustain that. Costa's words are superb but this is known. Are Ferrari working to create a similar team structure?????????

Vettel issue is minor in comparison and he knows Charles is better this year. He has stated this in reference to the car.

william likes this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Coordinating the Imola ceremony with the 4 Eurofighters typhoons.

DF1 and sammysaber like this.