FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry, I did not know that I am supposed only to answer on posts directly addressed to me...

Bas likes this.
  2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    yup as predicted no answer enjoy.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    What exactly was the question???

4. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    There is not a racing driver in the history of the racing that enjoys being blamed for a driving error that in reality was technical failure. :cool:

And if the truth is indeed relatively banal and straightforward (such as hydraulic failure) why would the team not want to simply get in front of it control the story, rather than offer crypic or non-answers (which just stirs up more questions and press intrigue.)

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Lookin at the sector times, looks like Ferrari's PU is indeed superior than Mercedes coz their gains seem to all be coming from the straights...

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think you are seeing it on racing merit. Vettel skillfully managed to complete his qualifying laps and so didn't break his hydrolics by launching his car at full speed over huge off-track bumps. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    This is a forum and that makes it a group discussion. If you want a 1-on-1 conversation with someone, do it via the privacy of the conversation (i.e. private messaging) system.

All the best,
    Andrew.

8. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I don’t understand why you guys pay so much attention to a driver you absolutely despise. At this point, I think if you scanned Ferrari Chat’s F1 section you’d find that Hamilton is mentioned more times than Ferrari.

Quit picking up the tabloids and clicking on the buzzfeed esq articals of a person you loathe and just let it go. I love Hamilton, although very stupid on track performance this week, I also found it to be a passionate man who didn’t want to give up. I say fine him and give in a 5 spot grid penalty. He did break major safety rules that are in place for his benefit.

william, 375+ and NeuroBeaker like this.
  9. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Like certain polarising politicians and pop stars, Elton fans demand total loyalty and anything less than what they perceive than total loyalty sees those responsible as letting them down. I don't see too many people excusing some of Vettel's dumber moments and blaming Ferrari, opposition teams and drivers, the FIA, the Pope or whoever. If it wasn't for the boorish fans, perhaps I would like him more?
    Just a thought

Bas likes this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    OK, I will give it a try although I guess it will make no difference....
    Let´s forget that Toto initially said something different ("the telemetry showed that the leak appeared when Lewis went over the bumps") and stick to what is now said: "LewisHamilton had a hydraulic failure at Turn 1 as he ran the normal kerb through that corner. Then, with failed power steering, as a result of the hydraulic failure, his car jumped over the run-off... "

With that said, let´s look at the footage of F1:
    At 1:38 Lewis is running the "normal kerb", at 1:45 he is jumping over the run-off...

1.) So according to the said above the car was still OK when Lewis went over the kerb...So you want to tell me that this (1:38) is a "normal run over the kerbs" and not "running wide"??? If that is normal and not a driving mistake I do not know what the others are doing....

2.) now between 1:38 and 1:45 the hydraulic started to leak according to Mercedes...So you say it is a coincidence that it happens exactly at this moment and it has nothing to do with the brutal forces on the entire chassis when he is running "normal over the kerbs", when the floor hits the kerb at least two times very hard???
    Bottas did something similar in FP1 and the video

at 0:50 even shows better the forces on the car when running over the kerb.
    Yes, sure... this might be possible but if you really believe that you might believe as well that I saw Elvis this morning at the grocery store ;)

3.) Now the hydraulic pressure is gone and the steering does not react as intended. So what would you do when you steer to the right but the car does not react as you want? Exactly, you will try to steer even more to the right. I do not see any more steering at 1:49 that would back up this theory

4.) Lewis is told to stop the car and refuses. Not only does he risk a PU failure, he also does not seem to care that he might **** up the track with his leaking hydraulic fluids....

5.) instead of parking the car safely he stops ON track and climbs out to push while the track is still alive. Remembering his lectures about safety in the past (like the incident in Baku with Vettel) this is more than ridiculous

So after all that you are convinced that none of this is Lewis´ fault and if someone says different he is "blind hatred". You expect evidence and proof when at the same time you only have the statement of Toto and a video by Pink Floyd??? Sounds legit ;)

NEP, LVP488, stavura and 7 others like this.
  11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    The lap by Bottas was like, "Wow!" Then Seb comes by with an even more incredible lap, and lets the wind out of Merc's sail.

stavura, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

It's normal in a sport where they spend half a billion a year running a team to have 7 second delays in data. It's not like we can send messages around the world that takes mere milli seconds from a simple €100 phone, I mean, what are those half billion euro entities to do with such limited technology?

13. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Something to watch while we wait for the race.

Ted's Notebook.

Bas likes this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Poor girl on the bike...she did not know what was going on at all...
    And I am surprised that Haugs English is not better considering the amount of years he had to work with a British team....

Bas likes this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Btw, the lap record still belongs to Kimi in the 2004 McLaren. No one set a new lap record today. Kimi's record is about 2 secs a lap faster than today's fastest lap. But I still don't get why quali and practice times don't count as official lap records...

jgonzalesm6 likes this.