FORMULA 1 EYETIME GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EYETIME GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    F2 doing a rolling start !

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Because they still don't have a solution to their idiotic clutch....stupid stupid stupid...

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    yes, but still nothing from the stewards as to their decision

4. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    ...they'll be thumbing through the rule book, trying find a way out of having to penalise Ferrari LOL. !
    Only joking !......don't throw your teddies out of the pram just yet.

Bas likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The question is: Will Ferrari win another race this year. I'm not sure they can. Last week was the beginning of the end of the season. Without something bizarre happening Merc will win tomorrow and will win the British GP. That will be the end....

6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Vettel penalized three grid positions.

375+ likes this.
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    3p penalty for Vettel.

sigh...

NEP and 375+ like this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You are aware that we won Canada with ease? That was the race before last!

NEP and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    BS!

NEP likes this.
  10. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    We can always pray for rain.

Bas likes this.
  11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    When Mercedes didn't get a chance to throw on their major engine and aero upgrades like the rest of the field...

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Yes.

And are you aware since that race Mercedes has updated their engine and chassis significantly? Ferrari won't be able to respond before the August break. At that point the season will be over.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

How many more mistakes Vettel??---https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137130/vettel-given-grid-penalty-for-sainz-incident

Formula 1 title contender Sebastian Vettel has been penalised for impeding Carlos Sainz Jr during the second segment of Austrian Grand Prix qualifying.

Vettel had qualified third but will be demoted to sixth on the grid, behind team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, Red Bull's Max Verstappen and the Haas of Romain Grosjean.

Sainz was starting a last-ditch push lap in Q2 when he came up on the cruising Ferrari of Vettel on the exit of Turn 1 and was forced to move sharply to the left and go over the kerbs to avoid contact.

Sainz drew alongside Vettel and gesticulated at him after rejoining the track, radioing to his Renault team: "I had to take a kerb to avoid him, I nearly crashed."

Speaking to Spanish TV after the session, Sainz played down the impact of the run-in.

"In the end it didn't change my quali much," said Sainz, who qualified ninth.

"It made me damage a front wing, which obviously costs money and it takes work to repair and you don't know if the wing will continue to work as well as before.

"But it didn't affect me too much.

"I think he simply didn't see me. He didn't do it on purpose. He wasn't warned on the radio."

Speaking before his penalty, Vettel confirmed he was not informed that Sainz would be coming up on a fast lap behind him.

"I passed him on my fast lap in Turns 7 and 8 and I was looking down the main straight and I didn't see him," Vettel explained.

"I was turning into Turn 1, trying again [to look] because I was thinking he must be there somewhere, I didn't know if he was pitting or starting his lap.

"But as it turned out obviously he was trying to go for a fast lap.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

"I couldn't see him, I wasn't told on the radio, so I can only apologise to him.

"There was no intention. I was looking down the straight, I turned around Turn 1, I was done with my lap and just wanted to make sure and there was nothing [in the mirrors] after Turn 1, which was obvious because I saw in the replay that we were side-by-side."

The stewards judged that Vettel not seeing Sainz was not enough to absolve him of blame in the incident.

"It is the belief of the stewards that notwithstanding the absence of a radio call, the driver of car #5 [Vettel], being aware of the issue of rear vision with his mirrors, should not have been so slow and on the racing line, during a slowdown lap in qualification," their explanation read.

"Having reviewed all alleged impeding incidents since the beginning of 2016, the penalty of a drop of three grid positions is consistent with all other similar incidents."

In addition to the grid drop, Vettel received a penalty point on his license, taking him to three for the 12-month period.

His title rival Lewis Hamilton starts second behind Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari has update coming for Silverstone.

Now, that we won't see much there as silverstone has Merc written all over it, but after that, game on.

Stop with the defeatist attitude, please...

jcurry, thirteendog and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

F1 mirrors are artificial. Uphill they are completely useless. This is on his engineer 100%

NEP and 375+ like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Fixed it for you.

Merc will win tomorrow (maybe a one-two) and Hamilton always wins the British GP.

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I predict Vettel will try to make a move at the first turn and get tangled up with someone...

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    #68 375+, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    I'm counting on Max having a Red(orange) Mist Moment at the start. Actually the proximity of Grosjean to Max should be worrisome for those behind.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Both Mercs will be 40 meters in front by then.

20. DF1

I hope he is a touch more conservative. HIs engineer might have a part of the issue with Sainz but this was avoidable as was his contact in France. Accidents happen and the margins are tight and he cannot afford another P5 or worse at all. An LH win now with a Vettel DNF in a near future race, or even tomorrow and it will be difficult to overcome a deficit. He needs a smooth race tomorrow and a Bottas win to assist Ferrari.

375+ likes this.
  21. DF1

Revised top 10 of the Austria grid

Revised Austrian GP grid: Top 10
    1. Valtteri Bottas Mercedes
    2. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes
    3. Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari
    4. Max Verstappen Red Bull
    5. Romain Grosjean Haas
    6. Sebastian Vettel Ferrari
    7. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull
    8. Kevin Magnussen Haas
    9. Carlos Sainz Renault
    10. Nico Hulkenberg Renault

22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So a 5 second penalty for the lap 1 incident with Bottas at Paul Ricard but a 3 place grid drop for something irrelevant as Sainz was already through to Q3.

O well, welcome to F1 :rolleyes:

NEP likes this.
  23. DF1

So a Mercedes blocks Vettel............screams begin. Sainz car was damaged. Standards matter for all.

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    2017 Silverstone:
    Hamilton impedes Grosjean significantly in qualifying. No penalty.

2018 Canada qualifying:
    Vettel is impeded by a gaggle of drivers, no penalty ''because it didn't affect result''

2018 Austria qualifying:
    Vettel impedes Sainz, who gets through to Q3. Penalty.

I ****ing hate the FIA. And guess what....Elton's bumbuddy Garry Connelly is this weekends steward!

NEP, stavura, dflett and 7 others like this.
  25. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think Ferrari had their chance early in the season. They needed to bank points because Merc is a development juggernaut throughout the season. Ferrari always seems to wane. Ferrari has given just too much away early on between strategy blunders, Max, and costly mistakes. They needed those points. Merc will dominate the tomorrow and at Silverstone with ease.