FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX HEINEKEN DU CANADA 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX HEINEKEN DU CANADA 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    IIRC Seb in front at speed did nothing wrong, but these things are always going to happen it's the nature of the beast of racing.

Hamilton had issues with Massa back in the day, crashing into each other ect, however I don't think Max has any axe to grind with any one driver, he probably likes the fact he is becoming known as a loose cannon at times, he appears to have a win at all costs trait, I agree he may live to regret it upsetting some drivers, but I'am sure the bigger picture mind set, will kick in eventually. :)

2. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Any thoughts on Vettel's qualifying run where he ran into 4-5 cars slowing on the fast straight before the wall of champions? I know he was just out there (Q2) on Hyper-softs to get a time if he needed it, but to have to abort a fast lap in qualifying seems like there should have been a notice from the stewards or Charlie to clarify. VET didn't need the lap in the end, but it seemed to be a bad situation anyway.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Seb did not want to end the lap anyway because this would have affected the tire choice for the start. So actually nothing happened but I agree: if he wanted to end the lap and Ferrari would have complained then there should have been punishment for the drivers in question as they were blocking the race line.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

trumpet77 likes this.
  4. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    That's what I thought, thanks!

For anyone in the New York City area, our local ABC channel will have a parade on TV during the race, so if you get ABC Live Well Network the race will be on that channel! I also saw it listed on ESPN3, which is the Internet-only channel.

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

This is weird ...

lorenzobandini likes this.
  6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Tell me what is wrong...

7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    F-Chat in general is weird! But . . . I like it.

F2003-GA likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You seem to believe that clashes between drivers are part of choregraphed scenario to determine the WDC.

That I find weird.

tifoso2728 and lorenzobandini like this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    ???? Where did I say that it is choreographed ????
    Sometimes I think that you only read what you want to read....Fact is that for the second year Max interfered into the WDC and again it is Ferrari who suffers from that So IF he pumps into Lewis there is nothing his fans can complain about. It is said that it always levels out at the end but this is onviously not the case by now...
    I still do not see where I said this is on purpose or even staged...

10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I read what you write, I don't make it up.

So for you if Hamilton gets punted off the track by Max, it would be fair play because Vettel was the unfortunate victim of his previous indiscretions, and that would somehow redress the balance ?

That is weird thinking. Very bizarre ….

11. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #86 Flea7, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Did you not watch the 2008 F1 of Singapore????

12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Nico Rosberg as a commentator reminds me of Chumlee form pawn stars...

AWESOME!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, I did. There is no way that the plot imagined by Symonds/Briatore was intentionally arranged to give the title to Hamilton.
    First, the season was far from finished, so many permutations were still possible at that point.
    Second, Renault was mostly looking for a good track position for Alonso who didn't qualify that well, by creating a safety car period to have a pit stop out of synch.
    Third, nobody, least Renault, could have imagined that Massa and Ferrari were going to throw away a certain win with a botched pit stop.
    So yes, the Singapore GP determined the outcome of the 2008 Championship, but neither Symonds and Briatore decided who was going to be WDC that year.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No, you do not read what I say!!!
    Where did I say it would be "fair play"? That is complete nonsense!!! Max should not crash into anyone, not into Seb in the first place. But if he would take out Lewis in one race at least Max' brainfarts would not affect the outcome of the WDC at the end. Stop putting words into my mouth that I never said!!! That is weird!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Your logic almost gives Verstappen a free pass to shunt into Hamilton, like an equalising accident.

Do you realise that not all the results of accidents are the same, and that injury or enforced lay-off for one of the contender can very much affect the WDC (and the WCC) in the end ?

By the comments I read on this forum, I think people are becoming very blasé about track accidents, like if they were of no consequence.

Too much Play-station perhaps?

16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I give up....what else can I write than "Max should not crash into anyone, not into Seb in the first place" and you still think I want him to drive into Lewis on purpose.
    No matter what I say it obviously does not reach you so I leave you alone with "your logic" and your conclusions what I might think even if I did not write it...
    And obviously the drivers think that there are no consequences rather than the people over here as they drive like they are unvulnerable
    And by the way: I never played Play-station

17. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Out on your two weekly Max Verstappen obsession again ?

Everybody interferes into the WDC.

And I wish Verstappen overtook or crashed into someone today, at least we'd have a more interesting race.

18. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    My point is that it happens.....and not just in motorsports.