FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX HEINEKEN DU CANADA 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX HEINEKEN DU CANADA 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    nothing yet Pete from the grid.

2. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What’s sad about that chick with the flag is that she couldnt care less about being there. She couldn’t care less about F1 and probably couldn’t pick out Lewis on the track if a cure for vitiligo depended on it. Her Twitter posts made that all perfectly clear. Why is she there? Why not give that honor to a super fan and make it one of the highlights of their lives. She’s rich and will have many wonderful shallow moments in her life to share on instagram. This should not be one of them

atlocal likes this.
  3. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh... forgot to add.. F-Yeah for Seb. Finally a race that went the way it should. I was nervous as hell about Max ruining it for everyone but he drove aggressive but fair. I was shocked that Bottas actually held his ground. I was thinking he might just pull over in the grass and let him go by.

Stroll once again proves he’s the toolbag of the grid. Hartley shouldn’t have been where he was in the first place but he’s pushing to save his seat. I think today may have sealed his fate

My two new favorites, Gasly and Leclerc did outstanding.

mcimino likes this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    She’s Canadian and very famous model over the world. Not as known in the USA.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm not sure what Riccardo's lap time was on lap 70 that would have been the fastest lap of the race, but Rubens still holds the record for fastest race lap at the circuit with a 1:13.622. Max's fastest lap time today was 1:13.864. So the F2004 still the fastest. ;) Quali times not counted in that record.

SPEEDCORE and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    She is now.

What a cock-up. It could have had big championship and safety implications. Thank God it didn't.

Professionals only in the flag stand, please, and no more entitled celebritards....

crinoid and absostone like this.
  8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I thought it was interesting they were blaming the flag guy and not her. Not sure about that. A simple misunderstanding like he’s simplying things and telling her to look for the Ferrari and wave the flag and she’s like ok so she waves the flag at the next Ferrari she sees which was Räikkönen. If you look at the footage it does look as if she was waving it for the Ferrari not understanding that it’s the wrong Ferrari.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    She doesn't know what a Ferrari is. She's Lewis's pal. :)

stavura, Jeronimo GTO and crinoid like this.
  10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
  11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    He kind of looks like a goofball himself. Maybe he's the Flying Mustache's problem brother-in-law.....couldn't get a real job, so....:rolleyes:

crinoid likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yeah on the post race show ol’ Buxton says for sure the flag guy told her wrong. Also Elton Ham-Dashian again on a race he didn’t win brings up a lack of overtaking in the race not being a good thing. What a t. Wat.

stavura likes this.
  13. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know exactly who she is. Doesn’t change my thoughts on her or her “participation.”

Bas likes this.
  14. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    This was a very lackluster race in general and snooze fest for Montreal.

Some exciting stuff in the first turn or two with Max and Bottas. Stroll loses control of the car and smashes up again. Did not enjoy it much today but gotta give it to Vettel. He didn't put a wheel the wrong way form start to finish. Happy to see the Tifosiat the top of the podium again in Montreal.

15. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I am a big Kimi fan but he isn't pulling his weight.He needs to step it up if Ferrari is going to have a shot at the constructors title
    I watched him today and he was close to Hamilton for a few laps then slowly dropped back
    I think he lost the fire in his soul and just bringing the car home safe

16. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Hamilton is perfectly consistent re: the miserable state of Formula 1 whether he wins or doesn't win.;)
    I don't any rather reasonable person could watch that Canadian GP and think the current state of the technical formula, the tire situation, etc. is particularly healthy.

17. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    Flag marshals are typically local volunteers, though some do travel to work specific races. They're told what to do by race control unless there's an incident in their corner they're responding to, such as a local yellow. The starter is controlled specifically by an FIA official. There's nothing wrong with having a celebrity wave a flag at any race, the problem lies with the person that told her to wave it. Which is an FIA official. At the end of the day, its not that big of a deal either, it changed nothing. If it was for the championship then the FIA would be held liable and they would correct it, not the random celeb waving the flag.

Having a celeb wave the flag has been a part of almost every type of racing forever..

Article 43.2

18. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
  19. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Retarded???

20. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Nice job Seb, good to see Max back on the podiun, good to see Mercedes back where they belong. Forza Ferrari! Hope Paul Ricard is a repeat had Seb not been caught out by the safety car in China and Baku the results would be more realistic, Seb and Ferrari are the team to beat so far this season.

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 not at all the best Canadian GP. Happy for the Red Team but when the accidents are the excitement then the racing clearly is not there.
    Max was clean and perfect but the Renault PU or the Honda are not the answer. Without Ferrari or Mercedes power most teams are not in the line for a win. Occasional podium or win ala Red Bull it seems.

22. Let's see....3 different winners in the first seven races, the championship leaders one point apart, and the next two less than thirty points back... I'm pretty dang reasonable and find it to be quite healthy.

If a "reasonable" person is looking for the immediate satisfaction of single make, "close racing", may I suggest IndyCar for their fix of show rather than technical and driving excellence; real racing of F1.... ;)

23. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Wow nice!! V10's are the best :D

Not just flag marshals all the marshals are volunteers and its usually the best from the country. If you started marshalling today it would take a solid 2-3years of attending local race meets every weekend before you get given the chance to marshal @ F1. Of course there are people from FIA that travel to every race.

Yes it's highly probable that she is actually at fault but the responsibility still lies with FIA for not minding her properly. Like you said it's been part of the sport since forever and it's very rare the celebrity makes the mistake.

This isn't a local street race, its a major global racing event that represents the country host that is only surpassed by events like the Superbowl and the World Cup. They will always have celebrities and heads of state attending and waving flags.

24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  25. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    So you enjoy the contrived spectacle of the Pirelli era, and the cruise and collect mantra of hybrid power units, and component allocations - and you're claiming the high ground re: F1 history? You suggest I'm obsessed with "close racing" while you use the "closeness" of the championship as evidence of F1's health ??

Incidentally, I have zero problems with 1988, 2002 style domination...