FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020 - SAKHIR.....RACEDAY▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄ | Page 10 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020 - SAKHIR.....RACEDAY▄▀▄▀ Spoilers ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Nov 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Just another Kylie moment ...never mind eh

subirg likes this.
  2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

And lectured others on driving standards lol!! Go - Spin Aston Vettel lol :)

tifosi12 likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    exactly...I don't think Russell will challenge Lewis on a season so what is there to lose? Bottas is as useless as Albon.

stavura, Flavio_C, tifosi12 and 3 others like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think Grosjean is amazing but he's not a bad driver. A bit like Maldonado really...who was incredibly fast but (even more) error prone.

jpalmito likes this.
  6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Still getting over the trauma of Grosjean’s crash... The more I think about it the less I understand how he escaped at all, let alone with such little injury. Just extraordinary.

I hope he comes back for the last race in Abu Dhabi. It would be a fitting send off to have him race well, take the chequered flag, do donuts on the start line and sign off from F1 in style.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

They do if the car is more controllable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    When a driver has a high degree of confidence in the car and team he tends to make fewer mistakes--although Bottas's recent form belies that assertion.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Does CL ever spin for no reason?

kes7u, jpalmito and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He had to squeeze past a crushed halo AND the guard rail. I have no idea how he did it.

cmos and 375+ like this.
  11. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    It’s funny you mention The Rev.
    I was actually remembering during the race that both he and Romain were placed on tenterhooks by F1 for accidents and scary antics early in their career, to the point they were going to be pulled from races if they didn’t show ‘improvement’, and not for their lap times.

Grosjean calmed down over the years but from what we saw yesterday, he remains one of few on the grid who’d forget completely there might be a competitor beside him ON LAP ONE. Eerily similar to the reasons he was originally put on ‘neighborhood watch’ way back when. I also believe it’s very lucky he didn’t take Danil with him.

Anyway, extremely grateful he’s alive and also pleased he will be departing F1 soon for everyone’s sake. There ARE others that shouldn’t be out there either but that’s another discussion, time to celebrate Lettuce being alive and doing well, especially during 2020.

stavura, subirg, Bas and 4 others like this.
  12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    That was an incredibly lucky escape. When I saw the explosion I thought that was a fatal crash... I read he hit at 53G's? let alone the fire I'm shocked he does not have more lung injuries... If he makes it back to driving again... that will be up there with Lauda regardless of his performance...

jpalmito likes this.
  13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm more worried for Grosjean's future: Let's face it, this was a bone headed move which sent him into the armco. He is a regular at crashing out and spinning. He'll survive F1 thanks to its safety measures but I worry thinking about his future: If he goes to Indy and wipes out there, the outcome might be worse. Piquet comes to mind.

subirg and ricksb like this.
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Leclerc desperate for info.

********NSFW**************NSFW**************NSFW

16. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There was one thing I noticed. And its probably because of the design of the car.

He himself and his suit were not on fire. The fuel must have dumped around the car but not into the car. Now for sure the flames were super hot which would burn him. But if he was in a bit of a cocoon from the flames it must have helped him to see and get free from the car.

So many things could have gone wrong given the speed of the impact, the position of the car into the armco, and the way he had to exit and run away from the car.

Also give credit to that suit and helmet for surviving the heat for that long. The technology today is pretty amazing.

Boomhauer and Flavio_C like this.
  18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Indeed. I'm glad he pierced right through the armco. A horror scenario would have been if he got stuck in the armco unable to exit the car because of the armco and then have the fire.

TheMayor likes this.
  19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's another thing.... what the the batteries in a fire? What happened to them and what would happen if they caught fire?

The investigation will reveal things we didn't know before.

Terra and 375+ like this.
  20. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It seems obvious to me that F1 has to lower the nose of the car so the nose hits a piece of armco and is not close to the midpoint between the 2 armco barriers as they are now.

Romain's car's nose split the 2 pieces of armco, which someone is going to figure out how to prevent in the future.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think the fact that there was an angled armco was a problem to begin with. There should have been SAFER barriers. And I hope they'll fix that this week. Or at least a wall of tires.

375+ and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ross Brawn was shocked about the fire and said they will investigate this. I'm sure they will come up with more technical ways to prevent this to a degree. He did say that the tanks are pretty safe but when a car splits like that fuel lines rupture. And yes, the batteries on fire, OMG.

TheMayor likes this.
  23. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Other than the fact that both were in a F1 crash with fire involved, there is absolutely no other comparison.

Bas, Boomhauer and tifosi12 like this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Kravitz and the commentators talked about a fuel collector that holds about 2 gallons of fuel. The explosion WAS NOT 100kg of fuel exploding as they said...including Brawn.

The battery pack sits underneath the driver which I don't believe it is integrated with the monocoque. Looking at pics of the debris field, it looks like they "flew" off from underneath the monocoque.....in reality...I can't make out anything that looks like a battery pack.

jcurry likes this.