FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 14 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Redbull told Max - he did the same and cut the corner. Horner is live and not debating this. He lost by not making a pass. Really you want to argue this. Max did the same. Its done, they were warned and both stopped cutting the corner and then Max made a mistake.

Horner said fair racing. Its not a debate.

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    You don't have to pass anyone WHILE exceeding track limits.

You get warned after so many AND THEN IF the driver exceeds track limits the driver gets penalized.

kes7u likes this.
  3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Bottas needs to be sacked immediately! :mad:

4. DF1

Yes all teams warned and well before the infraction for Max took place. Silly arguments on this. Its beyond obvious this is a non issue even RedBull know it. End of.

cairns, william and lorenzobandini like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Lack of race craft maturity... same thing over and over again. He just can’t wait... and over a season that cost u a championship... simple as that... reminds me of mansell a bit although Verstappen has a lot more talent.
    He will be world champion some day...but will he be this year? Don’t know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ricksb likes this.
  6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Vettel brings home the points. 5 penalty points in one day. He's going to win the anti-championship at this rate.

7. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    stavura, kes7u, Bas and 3 others like this.
  8. (Echo...echo....)I didn't catch that....passing who (whom?)?

9. What penalty? You get penalized for PASSING off track. Max did, but gave it back. NO PENALTY.

10. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    So yes, looks like it will be us fighting with Mac for third in the constructors.

Which will be fun, 4 good racing drivers between the two teams.

Podiums might be hard as both Max and Lewis have competent number 2 drivers/rear gunners/butlers. Call it what you wil, l but it will be hard for the rest of us.

I’m hoping for a competent season from Ferrari, especially the pit and the pit wall, to prepare us for 2022.
    Then all we need is a good car.......

Senna1994, jcurry and lorenzobandini like this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I'm talking about throughout the race. Lewis exceeded track limits on T4.....I just don't know how many NOR will there be an investigation on it.

I'm sure other drivers did as well.

12. DF1

I see RedBull stronger. I think Mercedes are on the back. RedBull did empower them a bit now by not taking this win. Im still quite surprised we see a Mercedes on top today.

Imola has a flow for a circuit. RedBull is favored??

Senna1994 likes this.
  13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    No, you're bending the rules. It shows that when race controle is weak in terms of enforcing the rules it can backfire.

They should've given Mercedes a warning early nto the race because both Hamilton and Bottas deliberately took the line exceeding the track limits.

stavura, Bas, jcurry and 5 others like this.
  14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    FIA again has wasted a pretty good race. They now even are reinterpreting the rules in the middle of the race. Clarity: you either allow it or not, but not this BS.

stavura, Bas, Senna1994 and 4 others like this.
  15. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    I'd say based on this weekend:
    Motor in Quali
    1. Honda
    2. Merc/Ferrari
    4.Renault
    Motor in Race
    1. Merc
    2. Honda
    3. Ferrari
    4. Renault

Thecadster likes this.
  16. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Masszepin

17. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    As you've heared the drivers were warned before the race, and not just before the race, in Qualy that line was clearly out of bounce. But Mercedes deliberately took the chance, they shoudl've been warned early on into the race or received a penalty later on. Whatever the case race control was silent.

RB warned race control on lap 32. All of a sudden race control was awake and responded.

As with any sport; bad and weak leadership leads to double standards.

Jeronimo GTO and fil like this.
  18. DF1

Horner stated fair racing. Call him. He knows they made a critical error. They were forced into strategy by Mercedes. Its the battle we asked for. No conspiracy. Max was told LH was taking the corner. He did the same. Teams warned and he then exceeded that limit at worst time. He is not arguing this on camera live is Max.

19. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Christian interviewed, not complaining.
    Max interviewed, not complaining.
    Toto interviewed, not complaining,
    Lewis interviewed, not complaining.

Next race probably favours RedBull again.

20. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    During FP2-Qualifying, the rule was enforced. During the race, it was supposed to be free game & it was, hence why Merc. was doing it. The proper response was to have never said a word to Max when he first did it.

Unfortunately for Max, he went off again just as he made a pass which was seen as gaining an advantage & that was always a no-no from the beginning.

Regardless, Max just got too eager. He had another DRS zone coming up in the section he was the undisputed master of in his car, he definitely could've made the pass stick just a little bit later.

DF1, cairns, fer312t and 2 others like this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I completely agree. Just prior to the pass, Hamilton was sliding everywhere. I fully expected him to lock up into Max on the outside. Max could not have cut that turn sharper for fear of Hamilton t-boning him.

Bas and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What a great race and great start to what looks like to become a promising season!

Congrats to RB and Mad Max to bring the fight to Lewis and MB. Here's hoping to a first WDC for Max this year! Also kudos to Honda for putting together a terrific engine.

Congrats to Lance and the Aston Martin team. Nice work there.

Feeling pitty for the Haas drivers. Looks like they got an undrivable POS to deal with.

subirg, Senna1994, vinuneuro and 2 others like this.
  23. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    The sand bags came off, and any hopes of the Benz’s falling back closer to the field were demolished today.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I may stick my neck out here, but I wouldn't dismiss brake problems for Mazepin coming off and Mick spinning during the race.

Last year, Grosjean has several near-miss because of the faulty brake-by-wire, and it maybe a re-occuring problem.

Magnussen also spoke about the braking being inconsistant on the Haas.

jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  25. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The warning about track limits came after Horner told Max to ignore them at t4 because the Merc’s were exceeding. I do think the specific issue here was gaining a racing advantage by going off circuit. I’m guessing Red Bull felt they had the pace to concede the position amg pass under the drs zone. Had they known the tires would go off after that, they may have risked the penalty.

cairns, jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.