FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Both F cars 3/10ths slower than the Mercs.

Its like there's going to be two different races going on.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Someone passed out a bunch of British flags. NO WAY those people all came and brought the exact identical flag sitting in the same section right across from the Merc pit.

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think the problem is that at some tracks, like Shanghai, the length of a lap makes getting two runs in during Q3 quite difficult.

I think that at all tracks where the typical lap is more than about 1:30, the Q3 time should be lengthened by 2 minutes. I don't think that would upset anyone. (If the Nordschleife were still in use, they'd need to do things completely differently!)

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    So up front at least, another "Noah's Ark" grid!

william and G. Pepper like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max had a throttle pedal. This is a non issue overall. Go slow....you will be passed. It is a shark tank. Sorry Max.

Jakuzzi, daytona355 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  6. DF1

GO Bottas! :)

7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Exactly... when you hope to get over the line in the last second, do you expect that the others just follow you and get over the line too late???
    If Seb would have not overtaken it would have been him having no time, so how can you blame him.
    This "I want to get the last shot" is ridiculous, no way the track will improve significantly in the last 15 seconds....

daytona355, stavura, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 absolutely

Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  9. DF1

Well said!!! Major error by team and driver for Red Bull.

william and daytona355 like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Seb can put Max 3 timjes against the wall and still won't be enough for all the crap max as been doing against Ferrari...

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    he was told by the team to have a 5 second gap minimum to Leclerc, then Vettel sailed round the outside in the final prep faze...so the gap would again have to go to 5 seconds.

I don't know how this the driver is specifically to blame. It wasn't just Red Bull, either, all teams planned to go at the very last second and that ultimately caused the problem.

Vettel going round the outside is nothing illegal about. Ungentlemanly, but that's it. It's an unwritten ''rule'' (rule being the wrong word). Had Vettel not done what he did he and everyone else would've gone over the line actually, as Verstappen having to hold for the 5 second gap again meant everyone around him had to do the same.

Again, nothing illegal and must unfortunate timing from all the teams.

william, daytona355 and kandi like this.
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Don´t you think "gentlemen", "F1" and "Max Verstappen" are not really belonging in the same sentence???

daytona355, fil, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  13. DF1

Isobel, daytona355 and G. Pepper like this.
  14. DF1

So Max making sure others not crossing line in a way but he does is ok. That late in the session one must do what needs to be done to get a lap in bar not blocking another competitor. It simply didnt workout for him and he blames others it appears in the press.

No. You are driving. Get the result.

15. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's standard Max. Blame others for his own stupidity. He has no situational awareness and a weird sense of entitlement. He expected 4 other drivers to throw away their last run so he could line up perfectly? This guy is an even bigger twit than SV is.

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Typical Gen-X.

Jakuzzi, daytona355 and Makuono like this.
  17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Back when I was racing, max would’ve hit more walls than he’s had hot dinners at the specific intervention of just about every other racer there, I’m afraid he thinks he is way more special than anyone else and that they are there to support race for him.... **** off max, you are a great exciting talent but you really are challenging Elton for champion whiner

crinoid and G. Pepper like this.
  18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    This goes back to my question: "Why do the teams play the clock and wait for the ultimate few last minutes to set a time ,"

Can you explain it?

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    faster track. Simple as that.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Isn't that what I'm saying? I understand his grievance but ultimately Vettel didn't do anything illegal? Can't really blame the team either, just all teams had the same idea at the same time and the traffic backlog happened. His team told him to keep a minimum 5 seconds gap. There's an unwritten gentlemans agreement that when lining up for a lap, it's rude to spoil it by sneaking ahead. **** happens.

So he vents his frustrations the moment it happens. Who here isn't angry when **** goes against them?

william likes this.
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think it would help Max now for a fellow racer to help him hit a wall...

...with his face.

22. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Vettel did nothing wrong , not even ungentlemanly . He has to look after his best interest , Max whining for the sake of whining , he is getting really irritating with his condescending attitude towards the other drivers

william and crinoid like this.
  23. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So there is an unwritten gentlemens agreement that you do not screw up the qualy lap of other people.... by driving slow to get himself in the best position Max screwed up the lap for everybody behind him!!! What did you or him expect the others would do?
    Three cars overtook him and made it over the line before the clock was ticking down, if they stayed behind him most likely three instead of one mans qualy would have been screwed so the question remains who was driving ungentlemanlike... my take would be Max
    Magnussen said that he did not overtake and therefore lost his time... but he said he did not not overtake because of any "gentlemans agreement" but because he thought the ones in front of him would not let it happen anyway... so the easy solution for Max to get over the line would have been to speed up instead of letting Seb pass. Would it have reduced the gap to the one in front to less than 5 sec? Yes... but that is his own problem, not the one of Seb, Hulk and Ricci...

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And here's what I mean with it being the teams (not Red Bull, not Ferrari...) own fault, they created their own version of a perfect storm by all waiting too long to get back out to do a 2nd lap. No one was fully to blame. It just went wrong and that's that. Max didn't drive too slow, he had to get a 5 second gap just like any other driver, this is where the air is spoiled, it's no different for a Red Bull than for a renault. The teams collectively waited too long thus creating this blockage at the very end. In a normal situation it's ungentlemanly to ''cut in front'' so to say when a driver is lining up to go, as the drivers have to create this 5 second or so gap. There was very little time left and Vettel just went for it, he passed pretty much everyone on the back straight as his experienced head told him it was getting a bit tight.

All I'm saying is I understand why Max is frustrated with the situation, nothing more nothing less.

Some **** really does get nitpicked till death here and leave zero room for venting ones' frustrations.

william likes this.