FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 6 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Really just to pick up those critical hundredths or thousandths of a second--Ricciardo outqualified Hulk by .004 seconds.

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry, but this was your initial post:
    I do not see how this is "arrogant"...If Max wants to complain, he should not point on Seb but on his own team bringing him into this situation...I am quit certain that Sebs warm-up lap was far from being perfect, so he could complain as well that those in front did drive too slow... it is all a question of the perspective.
    It is only funny when Max says that he will keep this in mind after all the things he has done in the past...
    Maybe Seb had in mind that Max repeatingly crashed into both Ferrari and Ricciardo had in mind that he was blocking him last year (in Baku?). If everybody is "keeping this in mind" we should have demolition derby until the end of days....

stavura, WPOZZZ and Bas like this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    By what margin? Does it justify the risk of being caught in traffic?
    By the end of the qualy there should be about 2000 (?) laps of rubber from practice and qualy on the tarmac. Does it really make that big of a difference whether there are 2000 or 2005 layers of rubber on track???

4. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    At the beginning of the season, a lot of people were remarking that we'd see a new, more mature Max Verstapen. As it turns out, there's still plenty of "Mad Max" left to spice things up.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ask the teams. I think it's more about the variance in temperature than the extra micron of rubber at that point. If it's 1 extra centigrade that brings the tyre in that perfect window they probably do know what they're doing, except for looking at the time limit it seems. There's some very clever boffins on the teams that get the timing (for the temperature reading that is) exactly right.

Look how quickly the track evolved in Melbourne between the start of Q1 and end of Q1. There's a reason why we almost never see a car do a single lap in Q3, the driver getting out of the car and say ''beat that''.

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I get it that it might change within 15 minutes... but does it really change within half a minute? I doubt that the conditions change that much...
    I sometimes think it is more like in a drama: everybody wants to set the last time with others unable to counter afterwards.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not sure what parameters the teams used for this track in particular, maybe teams waited till the last moment because a slightly cooler track to get in the perfect window or needed the extra few cars to drive over first and get that little bit of extra temp in, and they all waited for someone to go first, figured no one went and then all went out at the last possible moment.

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    ....well, propably Max can take out both Ferrari at the start and thinks they are even then :D

daytona355 likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's a bit like board track cycling; whoever goes first after the bell, often loses the race.
    So maybe there is an advantage in being the last one to score a lap time.
    I often suspected it was for theatrical effect that Hamilton did a banzai lap in the last few seconds to beat everybody and get on pole.
    Obviously it gets everybody on the edge of their seat, and the audience loves it.
    I sometime think that qualifs are a better reflection of a driver's speed than the race itself, where there are other influencing factors.

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    And there lies the problem. Now if they can transfer that speed into the race then all of us would be watching real racing instead of this "dialed-down" crap that we are used to watching. My my my, what a spectacle that would be.

I'm not addressing this towards you William, it's more of all the damn regs and reliability that's "restricting" the sport.

william, stavura, daytona355 and 3 others like this.
  11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Please bring back Ted ,yes he bumbles around and grabs bits of food if possible but this Will bloke is more of a Shmee kind ..ugh!

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ted and Will are booth equally annoying in different ways...

daytona355 likes this.
  16. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Ted is with SKY. Will is with FOM/Liberty.

No Qual notebook this weekend but he will be doing a Race notebook later today. SKY got massive backlash from axing Ted so he will return for some races. If anyone needs axing it's Croft.

Shmee is a youtuber who does vlogs :p He isn't a professional journo.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  17. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    The funny thing is, if Max was in Seb's place, he probably would have done the same damned thing. People say it was ungentlemanly of Seb to do that, but I remember Max doing some ungentlemanly driving in the past.

Bas and william like this.
  18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Exactly... I leave this:
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsport/formula-one/f1-chinese-grand-prix-max-verstappen-called-out-by-lewis-hamilton-martin-brundle/news-story/693512ea3215f6c6810d075b8ec6a2e6?fbclid=IwAR3YCwBEHdCQslp7sWcpzwQdUUHMegkYw_Lkp8k38JXqTVdzIazCABUChwE

Not a lot people agree with Max and I actually like the comment of Lewis... for once he was quit cool

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I can't ****ing stand Buxton. Hated him since the GP2 days. Has a knack for calling everyone the most amazing driver ever. Eventually when he's right, he'll go one about how he saw him first. Much like Eddie Jordan, really.

stavura likes this.
  20. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    He is a tool! I remember during preseason testing he was constantly rambling on about absolute wank that had nothing to do with F1.

Thank goodness he's not part of the race weekend commentary or I would watch on mute.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I ended up mistakenly watching his post race report last night ...just popped up as the next you tube video..

He finished his ramblings with ''see you in 2 weeks time in BAHRAIN.

What an idiot!