FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN DUTCH GRAND PRIX 2021 - Zandvoort../QUALIFYING....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀... | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN DUTCH GRAND PRIX 2021 - Zandvoort../QUALIFYING....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀...

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    #176 Jakuzzi, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    NEGATIVE to the first one, CORRECT on the second one.

2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I think the point of Max being a next-level driver is obvious. However, it’s the inability for experienced F1 pilots to come close to handling the car that I find interesting. They’re people who know how to drive a car fast, and should be able to produce decent results for RBR. It doesn’t take a season to figure the car out,,,at least, it shouldn’t.

just shocked to see Checo 1-2 secs slower than Max in any qualifying. Even if the car is designed to Max’s specifications, would another driver not be able to adjust?. Seeing Gasly show so much promise at AT makes me question the RBR design concept. What could Max do in the Alpha Tauri?

classic308, Ferrari 308 GTB and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    We can only speculate. Of the current grid I would assume that only Alonso would do very well in the Red Bull, he's shown in the disasterous 2012 & 2014 Ferrari's he could make a piss poor car go to places it shouldn't, consistently.

I really would like to see what Max could do in todays' Alpha Tauri. If Gasly is still a second slower (FWIW I don't think he would be), that would mean the AT is a front running car all day....!

Checo isn't a 1-2 second slower driver than Max, nor should any other driver be. Like you say, these guys are pretty handy behind the wheel. Does Max have an edge? Sure he does. But not *that* much. I think Gasly/Perez/Albon all struggled massively by pushing a car that has an inherent flaw in it, possibly related to the high rake and/or stalling due to a chassis/aero related design flaw. Remember for 2019 the new front wing (which works the aero extremely hard in a high rake car), that's when the problems started. Like Schumacher in 95, and Alonso with their weird suspension in 2012, Max is one of the few guys that can ''ignore'' whatever the issue is. There is no way any of these guys are *that* much slower. Remember Perez outqualified Button at his one year in Mclaren, despite being inexperienced and a reputation for not much of a qualifier, and Button did pretty damn good against Lewis.

ricksb and classic308 like this.