FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀... | Page 23 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀...

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Racing incident would've been a fair resolution no?

Bas, 375+ and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Too many instances where it happened and other other drivers did not crash. Verstappen only one who crashed.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Well, it was Max's right rear tire that touched Lewis's left rear tire sending Max's car up and over Lewis.

Massa and Max touched in 2017 in the same corner.

Giovinazzi and Leckerc touched on the same corner in 2021.

Bas likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Correct. The goal is to not touch/hit another car, because accidents can happen. Max made a bad decision and it didn't turn out good. Palmer, and the Stewards agreed.

5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Max didn't intend for his rear right wheel to touch Lewis's left rear wheel. It's possible Max's intention was to "bump" or "touch" Lewis into the turn since it's a slow corner.....since he did it to Massa in 2017 as well as Giovinazzi and Leclerc in 2021.

Palmer realizes why the stewards would blame Max BUT also see's it as a racing incident as well.

Bas and ktu like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Looking at the footage, it was really too tight. Max had 3 options, hit curb , hit curb and Lewis, or abort. Smart decision would have been abort.

lorenzobandini and Mark(study) like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    These 2 drivers are not going to make "smart" decisions....just like Lewis should have aborted Copse in 2021 against Max. Whether it's 180mph at Silverstone Copse corner or 30 to 40kph at Monza.....both are not going to make smart decisions.

Bas likes this.
  8. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Apologies if a repost

Bas likes this.
  9. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Bas likes this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Not true. Lewis made a smart decision on lap one, Leclerc made a smart decision against Bottas. Decisions are being made constantly by drivers.

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Tire isn't wide enough and they weren't in the wet for Wets or Inters. ;)

If Ham was able to break free, would he have been allowed to complete the race with all that damage to the roll hoop?

12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    As Max has made some good decisions as well.

Bas, ktu and Nortonious like this.
  13. 250GTE

250GTE Karting

Mar 21, 2004
    Thank you for that clip. I can't tell for sure (toward the end of the clip), but is Lewis trying to reverse out...at the same time Max is still trying to climb out of his car, with his belts undone?

trumpet77 and Bas like this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    None of the drivers are being lapped, so the wrong flag is shown to everyone, lol

trumpet77 likes this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hummer H1 (the proper one!) has a footprint of 10.34.

Longest 2020 F1 car a staggering 11.4

:eek:

For comparisson, the 2009 Brawn car had total footprint of 8.46

F2002 8.07!

F399 7.87!

375+ and jpalmito like this.
  16. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Watch it from 25sec on in full screen. Each time there are puffs of dust and flying gravel accompanied by background noise LH is trying to back out. This occurs a few times as Max is getting out.

So who controls the camera panning?

17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A very good question, I have no idea if very honest. I'd assume, given that the roll hoop has been damaged, the stewards should call the driver in as a critical safety equipment could have been weakened.

Regardless, the rear wing was damaged already, taking at least a full minute to repair.

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep, at about the minute mark it becomes very audible that he keeps jabbing the throttle to try and get out. Max also gives a look at that point.

*pretty sure* at this point Max knows the prima donna is completely fine.

JJ, fil and Nembo1777 like this.
  19. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Exactly.

Yeah, Max looks like a perfectly composed, caring and compassionate gentleman walking away.

Nortonious and Bas like this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I watched the start again and Leclerc was in the same position with GIO as HAM was with Max except in that case both made it out in one piece and Leclerc kept the lead—as HAM could also have done if he was smart like Leclerc. Charles allowed GIO room on the outside of T1 but critically also left him (just enough) room on the inside of T2 but he kept the better line on the outside to get a good exit and so kept GIO behind at della Roggia.

stavura, JL350, 375+ and 4 others like this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I was convinced HAM was going to pull an “Imola” and back right out and go on to finish on the podium.

I still can’t believe he didn’t make it out and had to finally DNF after 63 races!!

lagunacc, jpalmito and Bas like this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If we take the Austrian GP (2021) standards, the Lewis should get a penalty (and I'm not saying he should).

The big problem is the inconsistency of the stewards. Like I said earlier in the thread, even racing drivers (f1 and otherwise) can't really agree on it. I remain of the opinion that both drivers knew exactly what they where doing, their collective penalty was both crashing out of the race, and that no penalty was necessary beyond that.

As someone in that reddit thread said, the drivers and stewards need to have a long chat together and come to a conclusion what is or isn't alongside, what is penalty worthy and what not.

23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    He did do a Imola on the first lap. Why should he continue to do Imola's if Vertappen never does Imola's?

24. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    LH is just lucky. More times than not he comes out the winner. As a club racer, I disagree with stewards. It was a racing incident as Brundle immediately said after the wreck. Here is a nice vid on it.

stavura, fil, lagunacc and 4 others like this.
  25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Mercedes reliability is just impressive, this is why I believe they are the favorites for this year WCC-WDC.
    Hope I am wrong either.

Bas and ingegnere like this.