FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO - Sao Paulo.....QUALIFYING.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PREMIO DE SAO PAULO - Sao Paulo.....QUALIFYING.. ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 11, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Ducati demonstrated Italians can dominate in a Motorsport.
    Ferrari just lack the right people in different areas.
    Key people.
    Binotto work this year seems unfinished.
    Next year ..

mdrums, Bas, ingegnere and 1 other person like this.
  2. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Well, just when you don't think it can get worse, and Ferrari proves you wrong. With the boys it Red, it can always get worse. Putting them aside (where they belong), I was shocked at how many times traffic was in the way of overtaking cars in FP1. I had to cringe a few times it was so close to a crash...several hairy moments. Happy for Kevin...he really works hard. I wonder if there is a team on the grid (outside of Ferrari) who would hire Binotto or any of his fools? Impossible to imagine how he still has a job. Thank god there's only one week between these last two races. I'll bet Sainz is desperately looking for another team. And Ferrari could save a lot of money replacing him with Latifi.

jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  3. JWeiss

JWeiss F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2010
    NYC and Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    JWeiss
    I suppose if the rain had progressed about 10 minutes sooner, then the early inter lap may have proved to be the winner. But, jeez, a million to one shot…. Painful to watch.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's always "Next year" !! :rolleyes:

Even when they don't win, Ducati are never pathetic ...

watt and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Have you seen the aero on these bikes?

Temerian and william like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal

Ferrari: Nah, too simple, not clever enough. We’re slow now but we’ll be fast (though not faster) later, LOL.

william and jpalmito like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ah I actually already forgot about the stupid No tyres at the pitstop and pitcrew casually walking around with another set of tyres during quali...whilst Leclerc is sitting on jackstand and Sainz behind waiting! All over shadowed by putting the car on inters when it's dry.

For Ferrari to win a title they'll need an actual rocketship half a second + clear of the rest just to cover up the constant ****ing mistakes!

375+, ingegnere, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Usually rocket ships are generally helped by top pit crew.
    Everything work together.
    I really fear next year will be painful for us.

9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Radio Transmission from Leclerc and Xavi:

Charles: "Am I the only one on inters?"
    Xavier: "Yes we believe so."
    Charles: "Ah what do you want me to do? Do you want me to push for the lap if the rain is not coming."
    Xavier: "We come back to you."
    Xavier: Will come back to you.
    Charles: There is absolutely no rain for now.
    Xavier: Raining in Turn 12 we believe.
    Charles: Yes but not enough! Let me know.
    Xavier: I will let you know.
    Charles: Tell me quickly.
    Xavier: Box now, box now.
    Charles: Nice. Nice one.

----

My opinion? That last comment from Charles said it all, and then the chat with Mekies and his body language how he walked off, he's absolutely ****ing done with the absolute idiots in charge.

barkanddex, mdrums, 375+ and 8 others like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ferrari isn't creating a rocketship next year. Next year will be full of pain.

11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    They are the only engine manufacturer and team to not develop and move forward the split-turbo hybrid design. Everyone else has followed suit.

ingegnere likes this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Nahh, the 499p will be good!

ingegnere likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Wrecking Ball Russell again screws the pooch(and 7 other qualifiers) and suffers no consequences. P3 for George, well done laddie!

Boomhauer, watt, 308luver and 2 others like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I mean, one of the big reasons why the Honda engine was so dogshit during Mclaren years was for packaging reasons, they had to go small turbo. This was abandoned the moment they moved to RB/STR. Internally they had debates with Mclaren, Honda wanting to go bigger turbos and have some compromise on Mclaren's side...who refused.

Ferrari, in all their wisdom...has now picked up this turbo strategy.

The mind boggles.

jgonzalesm6, ingegnere and william like this.
  15. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    "I know the ending to this season is a bit of a downer...but don't worry...we're working at warp speed on the new car, and by 2026...or 27...we'll be hard to beat." - M Binotto.

william and Bas like this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal

Ferrari gave LEC a fork! Forking morons.

17. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    it seems a plus that in quickest Q2, the Ferraris were right with Max; before the chaos of Q3.

18. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Max was running used softs on the major of his runs in quali, I thought on new softs he was .250 up on ferrari

19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I suspect Ferrari overanalyze every decision until they come up with the correct answer too late to implement it. They haven't really got anyone on the strategy side of things who has an intuitive feel for strategy as conditions change or events unfold, so nobody is making timely calls. So it's not just the things they obviously don't get right, it's the many things they get right too late to make any difference to the outcome. :(

All the best,
    Andrew.

Bas likes this.
  20. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Lol…Ferrari sucks! Tremendous for kmag

william and Boomhauer like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Ducati and Rossi were pretty pathetic if you want my humble opinion.
    3 podiums in two years.
    Binotto should change some people or methods with pit crew.
    If he won’t do that he is out next year, simple as that.

22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What annoys me it is far from the first time something similar to this has happened...this year! How often do you miss the call for the pit?! It's a very clear graphic that shows exactly where the car is on track...so you know how much time you have to call something in.

Ferrari made 3 critical errors in 1 session...They are so deeply lost it's incredible.

Having 1 race without errors feels like a victory these days (and seemingly celebrated by Binotto by calling out other teams for their mistakes, I guess he never heard of the phrase pot kettle...).

william likes this.
  23. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Ferrari engine, except for it being unreliable at the moment, so it can't be run on full beans. There is an argument it is the best engine currently, RB's aero design for less drag makes it a bullet on straights, not simply the Honda engine.

The biggest problem Ferrari has is the rear suspension that got killed by the midsummer TD. It affects ride hight, set up and the tire degrading, all the big problems the Scuderia have currently; no new floor could have fixed that.The suspension can't be fixed until next season.

Ferrari's turbo desing works just fine, bar Mexico. Engine department only needs to focus on reliability, the aero guys are the ones that have a lot of work to do in the winter.

24. Spet00

Spet00 Karting

Jul 21, 2020

Man, Elkann's 2026-mentality is truly leaving marks all across the team, huh? How can you not be devastated, angry, disappointed with the f-up that happened yesterday?

absostone and william like this.
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Have a little look at the TC and compare it to cars running non-Ferrari units. There absolutely is an issue with the PU.

Smaller TC = more RPM required to deliver the same performance = more unreliability. It's not rocket science.

But you keep believing. **** it could probably land you a job at the Ferrari team.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

jgonzalesm6 likes this.