FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 28 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MERCEDES-BENZ GROSSER PREIS VON DEUTSCHLAND 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 28, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Hoovers suck

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! Ooops lol :)

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And you claim I am horrible for my dislike of Elton.... you really have to let it go man.... Michael was the greatest ever, your continual attacks on him and on Mick mean **** all to anyone but yourself. The way Mick pushed that F2004 was great to watch, he has no fear. Having a tough season never happened to anyone else I suppose? When he gets his drive at Ferrari, I hope he wins every ****ing race

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    meh, y'all overrating Mick. Just because he's Michael's son.

Flavio_C, tifosi12 and william like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It was cool seeing him in that F2004. Chassis 234 has a great win history (5 wins). Would've been cool had he driven 239 as that one actually won the German GP in 2004.

Edit: Info on MS's cars I posted a while back is here: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145679867/

daytona355 likes this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    yes, so was I....and it was very much due to Mclaren and their ridiculous concept of the car set impossible standards. When Honda moved to Toro Rosso they scored more points than with Mclaren the year before, even though their drivers where far worse than the guys at Mclaren. And now they're winning races and scoring regular podiums...IMO it's naive to blame Honda for this.

Finlander, 375+, stavura and 3 others like this.
  7. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    And this weekend is looking good for Red Bull Honda for another podium, if not another win at the Hungaroring.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    And so do the stewards, after all, that's why Mercedes are paying them!

daytona355, stavura and Bas like this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If it's hot enough I sure wouldn't rule Honda out....maybe even for a pole?

nsxrebel likes this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    or Ferrari....Charles first victory is long overdue!!

daytona355 likes this.
  11. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    Of course we are. Everyone is. Tough situation that, bearing the name of one of the greats. Adds expectations. And not having his father around to support him, coach him, doesn't help him. The name does probably help open a few doors though.

daytona355 likes this.
  12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Do you really think so?

william likes this.
  13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Let's put things into perspective here.
    Honda did its development work at the expense of McLaren, and now Red Bull ripes the benefit of it. That's all.
    It took Honda about 5 years to catch up and win a GP in the hybrid era.

The much maligned Renault power unit won 3 GPs during the first year of the hybrid era, at the back of a ... Red Bull !!
    Just saying ...

It's easy to just concentrate on a detail to make a judgement, rather than look at the larger picture.

kandi, ktu and DF1 like this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Agree. So why does Renault look absolutely clueless now?

nsxrebel likes this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If you would look at the bigger picture you would see that McLaren did give Honda parameters from their chassis that left little to no room for Honda to do what was needed. Why did they improve all of the sudden when they came to Toro Rosso?
    It was not a permanent progress as you want to make us believe, there was little to no progress under McLaren.... ask yourself why this is so instead of telling us that you look on the bigger picture unlike others....

Apart from that you once again contradict yourself: when you say Honda is solely to blame, why do you citicize Alonso for saying that as he is the one who "destroyed" the team. One day you have to decide whether Alonso was right or not, you can´t have it both ways whenever it suits you o_O

16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Looking at the likes of your post it seems that the medal has two sides.... not only do people have (too high) expectations into him, on the other side those not liking his dad seem to deny him for the very same reasons: only because of his name

daytona355, Bas and crinoid like this.
  17. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I make no apology for Renault but I can see several reasons.
    At the time, Renault was just an engine supplier, and didn't have its own team, so could concentrate on engines.
    Red Bull is a top team in terms of organisation, management, chassis quality, strategy, you name it.
    So some success came, at the time, during the first year of the hybrid formula.

Buying the Genii-Lotus outfit, Renault diverted its resources already limited in restructuring the team, and slowed down the engine development.
    Let's face it, Renault isn't, and probably never will be a top team.
    They come and go in F1, and the management or the board never shows great commitment.
    But the bottom line is that Renault is underfunded to achieve its goals.
    Honda has overtaken Renault thanks to the resources it spent to develop its engines.

18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So the Netlix guys were given access to the Mercedes garage for this single race... unfortunately it did not help them that much as one of the two drivers does not want to appear in the series :rolleyes:
    https://franceracing.fr/f1/hamilton-nautorise-pas-netflix-de-le-montrer-malade-a-hockenheim/

For all not reading french in short it basically says that Lewis was so ill all the weekend that he does not want his fans to see him like that...Maybe Netlix can bring in Tom Hanks, he already played a dying AIDS patient, maybe he can put one on top and play a teminal ill race driver ;)

Isobel, nietoale1, daytona355 and 3 others like this.
  19. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004

LOLOLOLOL

20. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    LOLOLOLOLO..... There are drama queens and then there's this guy!

daytona355 likes this.
  21. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    I hope they are contractually obligated to show any and all footage Netflix wishes to show us!! LOLOLOL

daytona355 likes this.
  22. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    While I usually have zero interest in anything Mercedes related, if this Netflix film is based solely on what happened over the weekend, I would pay good money to see it...... In 8K or 3D :)

Isobel, daytona355 and nsxrebel like this.
  23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I wouldn’t want people putting me on camera if I were I’ll. By all accounts, the guy really was sick all weekend. I wonder if there will be a hangover effect this weekend. Influenza doesn’t go away when you want it.

william likes this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    this is the problem with LH. He claims "issues" so often, people (even his fans) are becoming reluctant to believe him.

Maybe he really was sick this time. Or it was another one of his mind games.

Who remembers Webber in 2007 (?) Fuji...now that was SICK. He saw yellow and vomited several times inside his helmet during the race. And he was 2nd racing for victory....in a car that definitely shouldn't have been capable of winning. Not a peep from him.

Max was sick as well when he raced in disgusting heat in Malaysia, not only did he win he overtook Hamilton to do so. Not a peep from him.

Raikkonen when he had devastating backpain in Singapore (bumpy track). Anyone that has dealt with real backpain that's not the time for a bit of a 2 hour street track ride...hell even sitting down hurts like a *****....Did we hear a moan from him...no. It was only due to Mclaren having a fit at Aki Hintsa assisting Kimi that people found out.

My point is, Lewis plays too much to the cameras and is desperate for everyone to know how much he ''struggles''.

Isobel, Hocakes, stavura and 3 others like this.