FORMULA 1 MYWORLD GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MYWORLD GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Because the FIA couldn't find a reason to penalize LEC, VER or BOT! (also assume sarcasm :)) Legit penalties for HAM & MAG, so all is good with the World.

DF1 likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

GO Charles! Great qualy. Penalties applied were fair. Best qualy of the year. Great technical circuit and superb area to see a race. One of my favorite places in the world and was a short drive when I attend :) Cannot wait for tomorrow!!!!!!

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    so Magnussen, if he received his penalty first, he would serve it, then Lewis' penalty would come. Lewis would then still start 5th.

But because Kmag's penalty was awarded after Hamiltons, hamilton moves up a spot.

stavura and DF1 like this.
  5. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Like Teflon Elton is

nsxrebel, ingegnere, stavura and 2 others like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This is F1, Nikki Lauda's car had much less downforce and electronics than the early 2000 cars had. Lauda's car took more effort to drive. Drivers 20 years ago benefitted from a easier car to drive. This cycle is nothing new, just F1. But Bottas and some other drivers state these cars are more mentally challenging to drive

7. DF1

8. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    After the subsequent backlash of Le Yawn in France, all of a sudden Leclerc is on top in qualifying and, my word, Lewis gets a penalty the very next race. Can’t get more of a knee jerk response to appeal to those who are born every minute.

Waiting for Don King to make his stewardship debut at Silverstone.

Jakuzzi, SimCity3, crinoid and 6 others like this.
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Lol, well stated!

I was definitely thinking Ferrari would be stronger here due to the shorter wheelbase but we hadn’t seen that advantage surface in any race leading up to this one. Now, rather suddenly, we have the opposite sentiment to last week’s sleeper at le Castellet and all is right with F1.

Isobel and Nortonious like this.
  10. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

Did you read what Grosjean said about how shifter kart racing is harder to drive today then F1. Even Hamilton said it earlier this year the cars are not as demanding.

Nembo1777, 05011994 and ricksb like this.
  11. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    What’s demanding for them is all of the non-racing stuff, like fuel management and tire/engine saving responsibilities that are antithetical to being a race car driver.

Jack-the-lad and CRG125 like this.
  12. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    By the way it is Niki Lauda, not Nikki, RTR.

ktu and Nortonious like this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yes I know, my point is drivers from the 70s said that about the early 2000 year cars, it's just a cycle

14. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Which driver from the 70's said that about the early 2000 cars? The drivers that are complaining about the cars today are the one's who are racing them.

15. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Not that I'd rather Ham be P4 vice P5, but having Bottas and Hamilton side by side in Row 2 could make for a more interesting Turn 1? Discuss.

I really hope Charles gets a good start, let Vintage Max duel the Silver Arrows in his mirrors.

16. DF1

Those with short attention span and no life know few of the limits to complaining. We had boring races last year as well. F1 is far from perfect in any era. Im happy to watch each race. Last in France was not inspiring to the sport but the fault is the competition lacking vs Mercedes.....nothing else. When we have 2 or 3 teams in a true battle there will still be complaints. No question LOL

william likes this.
  17. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Do you honestly think a 3 place penalty would be assessed to a red car for blocking Ice in practice ?

Not a chance. FIA/Liberty want a Ferrari or anyone else win right now to remain relevant, I’ll predict LH or Bottas will receive a 30 second penalty during the race if their front jack man wears the wrong colour Puma.

18. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    That’s what I get for following ESPN F1. They had Norris in the 4 spot instead of KMag.

Understand now....

20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Agree. Not really a commentary on LeClerc’s scintillating pole lap...it’s the knee-jerk reaction of a series under pressure. Hamilton certainly tried to get out of the way but I have the sense that penalty almost HAD to happen so the FIA could change the narrative.

Should be a good race tomorrow nonetheless. I am afraid that Ferrari has the wrong tire strategy though...I hope they know something I don’t.

Isobel likes this.
  21. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Methinks Ferrari are gambling on lower track temps, tomorrow.

22. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  23. DF1

He was penalized. He didnt complain. Some so called WDC's might learn from that. I am not LH worship filled human. But he admitted his error unlike pathetic others who have an entitled view of the world and their silly place in it. One wears Red and is an utter embarrassment to me as a Ferrari fan. I REFUSE to debate needless and unproven conspiracy in a sport full of political angle and money. We have no proof of anything on tires or any other treatment. We take what is presented to us and make the best of it for F1.

GO CHARLES! :)

william, Surfah and Terra like this.
  24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You got it all wrong... these are the most demanding cars ever built and this makes Lewis achievements even more impressive as only he could challenge this. Schumachers cars on the other hand were easy to drive and one can only imagine what a GOAT like Lewis would have done with them, but he has to fight with tires, strategy, demanding cars and his hair cut every single minute of his career...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

CRG125 likes this.
  25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    One day you really have to explain us what this certain driver did to you in the past

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk