FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 32 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    This isn't the first time Ham has closed the door on someone, but racing is racing. I said it when Max first started driving that his lack of composure is going to be a threat to his shot at a WDC. Max should know by now not to give Ham an opportunity to take the advantage.

william and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

+1

I said many times the same. I know he isn’t at fault and I hope for him he is WDC as he is the best this year un the best car but sometimes you just have to score points and not let the racer think.
    Worst case he was 2 that day which means 24 points lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Whilst I agree that knowing when to back out of a corner is a wise strategy...it really, really shouldn't have happened at this very corner at all. It was a desperate move from Lewis that wasn't ever on to begin with.

Rolling over at every potential situation, however idiotic, is another surefire way to lose the championship.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Max Verstappen = all balls, no brain.

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Is that an objective statement or you trying to stir the pot again?

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Just like you, my friend, I am giving my opinion by making a subjective comment.

Or maybe you think you should have exclusivity in that field.

7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #782 jgonzalesm6, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    RedBull has filed a request of review to the FIA regarding the Lewis-Verstappen incident. Unless, RedBull has some new evidence, I doubt nothing will change regarding the FIA's original decision. It's a pressure tactic by RedBull.

Ferrari did the same thing in 2019 regarding the CanadianGP (Sebs penalty) and nothing changed.

Bas and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  8. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    So dive bombing a corner is legal now? Got it.

Picchu88, stavura, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

william likes this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I always had mixed feelings about the whole Red Bull organisation, but they are getting worse.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah but when I see Horner or Toto I get highly irritated. I feel like Horner would betray anyone to win. Toto the same though he didn’t have to given how good his cars were recently.

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that Horner comes across as pretty likeable. I'm not a big fan of the lawyer involved now though.

I don't like Toto as a a TP but from a friend that knows him quite well...he's a ****ing hoot in private life. But a total **** stirrer in F1. I despise his ''woe is me", even when they where winning everything and anything, he still found **** to whine about.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

For me the way Horner dissed Renault after they brought him 4 titles revealed his character and now Honda will be gone. Not sure what’s next for rbr

william likes this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Well, there was a formula change into the turbo-hybrid era. Also, RedBull was paying anywhere from $3million USD per PU to Renault which kept underperforming for RedBull.

Here we are in 2021 and the Renault PU is still underperforming and not at the level of Mercedes. Thank-you Honda!!!

Bas likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

My take is
    1-in business no feeling got that part BUT
    2-U do not burn bridges and this dude was ungrateful for the titles won that’s one thing but also he put rbr in a predicament.
    They won’t have a Merc engine, they won’t have Renault, Ferrari, honda is gone…
    Last team that developed their own version of a winning engine was of memory serves Williams in 98 with mechacrome and that ended up poorly…
    Hence my question ? What’s next for Red Bull?maybe he will pivot well? I’m not sure.

17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Well, RedBull wants to win. Their only achilles heel in the turbo-hybrid era was a performing PU....and they got one in 2021.....and will take over that PU hence RedBull's new engine facilities.

Mclaren FINALLY went back to the Mercedes PU and are outperforming Renault from a PU perspective. Good for them. Mclaren is also beating Ferrari in the WCC rankings.

It's not how you start but how you finish....8 years of this turbo-hybrid era and Honda-RedBull has progressed significantly as well as Mclaren with Mercedes.

Everyone else has been "sitting on their laurels."

Bas likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah but how this started was a question from me: what’s next for rbr? If u ask me, my take is that Horner jeopardized their future by aleniating everybody.

william likes this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes and Ferrari will not sell to RedBull when this turbo hybrid era started.....fair enough. RedBull only alienated Renault when Cyril "Whattafool" was around but he's gone now.

RedBull is currently comfortable now on the PU side until 2025 when the next PU formula change will take place.

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think this was largely to do with Renault itself. Renault was promising the world and didn't deliver. First year....fine. 2nd year promised massive improvements and it was unreliable and slow. Same for 2016, 17, 18...At some point enough is enough. At the same time Renault was proclaiming that their next engine was the greatest ever they would moan at Red Bull for not giving them enough credit RE the 4 titles. It was more winning the titles despite having the Renault engine as it was underpowered. Red Bull would've also won those titles with Cosworth even.

After the Switch to Honda was made Renault made a final effort of their FU to RBR...''we will have a great engine for 2019 and they'll be sorry...oh and we'll steal away one of their drivers for 30 million per season". Renault once again became the joke of the grid by having their ''brand new, super powerful'' engine a) be not so powerful b) be an unreliable turd c) actually lost them WCC positions.

Abiteboul was unceremoniously sacked for his piss poor efforts. Over promise and under deliver was his mantra, and Red Bull was rightly sick of it. I completely forgive Horner for comments made after yet another power failure from Renault. To illustrate what a joke Renault became in their final moments with Red Bull, at the Austrian GP Ricciardo's engine had another big failure...lots of smoke coming out bla bla...and Renault proclaimed ''non, ze smokey engine is not our fault...must be ze clutch''. Yep. Engines smoke typically signifies clutch failure, lol. Never mind the fact that several seasons (!!), Red Bull was mixing and matching old refurbished parts of different specs because renault didn't make enough parts, their reason given was always ''ze next mega engine'' and no need for new parts for current engine...

yeah, paying **** knows how many millions per season and dealing with an unreliable turd of an engine costing several podiums if not wins...I'd be a bit annoyed as well.

+1

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Ferrari is actually willing to supply Red Bull an engine. Honda bridges aren't burned. RBR have set up their own engine shop. They've poached around 50 top guyys from Mercedes AMG...Andy Cowell maybe even as well (though at the moment this is denied). They'll be fine. Oh and Honda has extended their services into 2022.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Honda is gone .
    Like I said last team that tried that: Williams in 98 with mechacrome. Didn’t end well

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Honda’s Sakura facility will supply Red Bull F1 engines in 2022 (motorsport.com)

The 2022 engine will be homologated. From 2022 to 2025 not too much can be done. It should basically be assembly and preparation for the 2025-6 engine.

1998 and 2022...2 extremely different eras. Red Bull know what's needed.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

DF1 and Bas like this.
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    absolutely.

DF1 likes this.