FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 33 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Agree, but if they brought success to SF i wouldnt care. I never liked Todt but he was an effective team principal.

DF1, Natkingcolebasket69 and Bas like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Also true ! I don’t deny their skills at all;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    vs. no balls, half wit.

TonyL, fil and stavura like this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    To go where ?

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max would have host of offers I feel….

ricksb and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Right now, there aren't many teams that are a better fit for Max than RB.

Of course, no one can predict the future.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Things move quickly in F1.

ricksb likes this.
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    For a driver of Max's caliber, doors will open quickly.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed- every single one of them. He is special

Jeronimo GTO, ricksb and Bas like this.
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Never made it past first base. When Marko said he "wanted a penalty that would deny Hamilton the win" it was basically over. Bad argument to start with.

I've been very disappointed with Marko and Horner throughout this debacle. Team principles should show more constraint in these circumstances. I get pissed when things get screwed up also, but as the leader of my company, I know that I can't just fly off the handle and get emo. Marko is a bit crazy anyway, but I thought Horner was better than that.

DF1, jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/the-bigger-mysteries-prompted-by-fias-red-bull-rejection/6638739/

The filming day
    One of the key points that emerged from the stewards’ ruling was the push by Red Bull to “create” evidence to support its claim, as opposed to discovering evidence.

While Red Bull did present “simulations of the incident”, the team went much further: it literally recreated the line that Hamilton took into Copse at Silverstone with one of its cars to prove a point.

The stewards said that Red Bull presented slides "which showed a ’re-enactment of Hamilton's Lap 1 line at Silverstone on 22 July 2021..’ based on a lap allegedly driven by another driver (Alexander Albon).”

Albon was in action last week for Red Bull in the 2021-spec RB16B car, taking part in the Pirelli tyre test. But all of his running in that was completed on the Tuesday after the British Grand Prix - which was 20 July.

Further Pirelli running took place on 21 July, but 22 July saw Red Bull hold a filming day at the track using its 2019-spec Red Bull RB15.

Video footage of the test that day later emerged.

As the RB15 is more than two years old, Red Bull is able complete as much private running as it wishes.

Plus, putting reserve and test driver Albon in the cockpit to stay match sharp hardly seemed like anything of note.

But the stewards’ statement revealed that this filming day was at least in part used to try and get Albon to recreate Hamilton’s line into Copse, most probably to show that he was never going to make the corner and was carrying far too much speed.

To go as far as using part of a filming day to try and re-enact Hamilton’s line shows the lengths - and cost - Red Bull was willing to go to in a bid to fight its case. But was the whole filming day pulled together simply to boost the evidence file?

But no matter how realistic Albon’s recreation was, Red Bull was never going to find “significant and relevant evidence” by going back on-track and attempting to recreate the incident.

As the stewards pointed out, this cannot be deemed a discovery, as is required for the right of review process to move further forward.

12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    A small clip of driver's taking each other out from various era's.

RobertJRB and ypsilon like this.
  13. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Pretty clear that Hamilton should be put into some form of conservatorship.

#FreeBritney ;)

14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lol...:p

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Somehow, I am not sure he would be welcomed with open arms at Mercedes.
    He has been quite vocal about that team, so I presume he is not on their wish list.

16. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Hopefully that's the case.

Max in the Mercedes would be total boring domination.

Tight battles at the front is what the sport needs.