FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 13 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Not baaaad.......

Saudi Arabia's Aseel Al-Hamad Drives In Renault Parade | 2018 French Grand Prix

635CSI and nietoale1 like this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yes. So what that it was in the middle of nowhere...Easier to set up a concert/other entertainment for all nights. Install luxury camping for the ones not wanting to sleep in a tent (ME!). Hotels are a bit further out. AirBNB is something that didn't exist back then, either.

I laughed when on Friday management said they where ''doing something about the traffic problem''. What are they going to do? Dream up new roads?! Laughable. And next year they won't have the problem solved. New roads are extremely expensive, and they sure as **** aren't putting a whole load of new roads that leads to a private airfield that's an F1 race track once a year. ********.

No, I'd much rather go to Magny Cours especially if they set up proper entertainment. **** people will likely make their own. You're much closer to cars at Magny (by a factor of 2 at least). **** people that are used to silverstone would say about paul ricard ''oh the cars are awfully far away, aren't they?''.

I'm glad I didn't go. And now I know about the traffic, I'd never go unless I had a helicopter sorted. And I blagged some free paddock tickets. Because I sure as **** wouldn't pay for this one.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep, was just mentioning it as it may look like he didn't go flat out at all but since he never came into DRS range for anyone his top speed would be down.

Verstappen had a good race, nothing he could've done even if he had DRS in the end. Only hope was the tyres would last long and the mediums paid off, but the track was really low on wear.

Kimi I liked his race. had a good start ruined by Vettel/Bottas crash, had to do some overtaking and then went banzai on the new tyres and managed 3rd. best result possible. Had he qualified 4th he'd have been 2nd at best.

Mclaren...what's there to say what you didn't say. How the mighty fall. Williams, Mclaren....beaten by Sauber and an american CNC manufacturer.

william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, terrible weekend again for McLaren. Worst qualifying of the year, I think.
    And also listening to Alonso wanting to throw the towel on the radio.
    What was wrong with his car?

6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    everything really......all kidding aside, here ya go

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, furoni and 375+ like this.
  7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    He was also complaining about the brakes at the time.

McLaren is experimenting on the track to find their problems. Wind tunnels show their car is a lot better than it is on the track.

Then again, they FIRED the guy who would know!

william likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  9. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
  11. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    no

schumacherf2006 likes this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yessir, terminal. Rear suspension issue is what is being said. As to what part, I'm sure more news will come out.

13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    That wheel has given up all hope and is trying to drive off into the sunset. Alone. And sad.

stavura, Sunracer and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  14. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    People saying Vettel can't or shouldn't be driver of the day surely ignore that Hamilton has been called racy or even GOAT for crashing into Rosberg and ending his race many time. Just saying

stavura, NEP and Bas like this.
  15. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    The Mercs boxed Vettel in and gave him nowhere to go, they knew he was going to have a better start than them and they played the game. It had to be a penalty for Vettel but really it was a racing incident. If Bottas didn't get so much damage and they just spun it wouldn't have been that big of a deal... Vettel had an awesome come back and like I said before the race, the silver car would be 20 seconds ahead...

4th_gear, 375+ and NEP like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    furoni likes this.
  17. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Mercedes is picking up steam and Hamilton is gaining confidence. Ruh roh.

Vettel doing what he does best when the pressure is on and that's piss points away. He didn't have the corner and it was the first freaking corner of the race. The penalty was deserved. Ricciardo/LeClerc would be a pretty damn good lineup.

McLaren is a disaster. I think next season this is going to be a very different team. Even they have to know Alonso is a waste of money driving that pile of garbage around. Given that they can't even figure out what the problem even is I have zero faith in next season. Alonso is my #1 and even I hope he's racing somewhere else next season. It's just sad at this point.

Haas is going to lose all 45 fans they have left if they keep Grosjean next season. I tend to wonder if a really good driver in one of those cars would see it even farther up the grid?

18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Nothing is going to stop Mercedes through the British GP. If anything is going to do it it has to be after the summer break.

For the life of me I still don't understand Haas' love affair and excuse making for Grosjean. It's beyond crazy at this point.

375+ likes this.
  19. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

Watch the race again, the penalty was not derserved and Vettel was not at fault. He actually backed off and gave Bottas the corner. Bottas actually went too deep. He did not have enough room between the Mercs and had nowhere to go.

4th_gear and NEP like this.
  20. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    AF should call it a day in F1. McLaren are a dead team. No other seats are open.

Haas should kick Romaine Gorsjean to the curb today. The guy is a complete waste of time. He has zero points, and you really have to be a complete muppet to crash under safety.

21. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Seb made a mistake, accepted it, and then drove like hell to undo the damage. It was a very impressive drive, maybe his best of the season. And it showed how good the car is. And Hamilton's win shows how good Mercedes is. If the lead swings back and forth over the remaining races we all should enjoy the contest. Toyota should take their Le Mans engine designers, buy Williams, and go F1 racing with two Japanese drivers. McLaren should leave F1 and go Formula E racing.

22. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel put himself there as he was the one driving. Bottas had the corner and left room. What more does Vettel want. Sorry but no. The Stewards have the data in large amounts to determine what happend and clearly. Had this been reversed the calls for Mercedes to leave the sport would be sounding loudly.

23. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Yep. He has done this many many times before, and will continue doing it until the day he retires. Further, you can bank on him doing these stupid moves, so the WDC is LewHam's to lose.

24. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Funny, he said different. But I guess you know better.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  25. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Somebody's not getting their chocolate bar this week.

DF1 likes this.