FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 14 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2018: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I wrote repeatedly in the thread announcing the return of the French G.P, two or three years ago, that access and exit to the "Circuit Paul Ricard / Le Castellet" have always been a nightmare, even for the first edition in 1971, and that, as no new road has been built since, with an increased numbers of visitors in this area, those attending were bound to sit in traffic jams...
    Rgds

375+ and Bas like this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

One would hope he learned a touch from last year. Closing up and losing down force is normal with these cars' configurations. Ricci and Max had the master display in Baku recently!

3. DF1

4. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    A good race for Kimi.....he made the very best out of the shambles...….and well worth watching him. Vettel ?? Make your own mind up.....I did, a long time ago.

What hacks me off is Alonso's attitude...…..One of the most experienced out there ?...so where is his feedback into the team. If he's one of the best, but the car isn't good, then why isn't it getting any better at all? It isn't Alonso I feel sorry for, it's the team for having to put up with him. Just how demoralising must it be for all the mechanics. Zero progress...get rid....he isn't an asset……..maybe once, long ago, but not any more.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think Vettel ''lost it under pressure''.

He had a great start, couldn't go anywhere...actually braked early (!), he was either caught out a little by Bottas closing the door a bit or as he himself said, the loss of downforce locked his wheels (fantastic eh all this downforce...that you lock your brakes just by a car moving vaguely in front of you?).

**** happens.

4th_gear, CRG125, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  6. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Alonso is a race driver, not an engineer. It's not up to him if McLaren have a bunch of idiot engineers. He's their only asset.

375+ likes this.
  7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Max is a witless dolt, just like his father.

cig1 likes this.
  8. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    The STUPID testing ban probably has a lot to do with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And at least he tried! Most likely once the places where settled after turn one there would have been no chance to get by Bottas later in the race....
    What would have been the alternative? Back up, cruise in third complaining a little bit about the engine, the brakes and a few more things, loosing a place after the pit stop driving into the dirt before comlaining about the strategy again. Then announing "I go for it" before overshooting the next corner and moaning after the race how boring F1 became because he was not able to overtake...Oh wait, that role is already given ;)

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  11. DF1

With the pace Vettel displayed, I do believe he would have passed Bottas for P2 and possibly challenge LH. He was very very fast.

stavura, 375+ and Bas like this.
  12. DF1

Max does not at all have the wit to compete with the press at large. Red Bull should provide him with a bit of education on press dealings. After years now in F1 it should be obvious to him to say less and simply drive well.

4th_gear and 375+ like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Meh, I don't like PR robots. At least you see what he really thinks...Whether one likes him or not is another discussion, but for me, the PR robot will make them all the exact same. That's how you end up with statements ''I love my fans that come to this race, I really have the best fans here, this is one of my favourite countries/cities/tracks/fans'' and so on.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    such is F1 these days. Make the move in T1 or unlikely to move up.

Unless you're very out of position of course and have to DRS your way past everyone.

375+ likes this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    But does "fast" mean that you are able to pass?
    Kimi passed Ricciardo at the end, but first of all the RB was slower than the Mercedes and Ricciardos car was damaged...So one might question whether a healthy Ferrari would have been able to overtake a healthy Mercedes....

16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You forgot #blessed ;)

stavura, Bas and 375+ like this.
  17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Problem now for Max is the media will come down on him like a ton of bricks if /when he steps out of line ...even more than recently which made him 'very angry' ,Max says he has not changed his style at all ,but did say he can fine tune it a bit.

So we can expect further fireworks from him in races going forward.

No doubting his natural talent, but it is mostly do or die/hero/zero stuff when he is wheel to wheel..yes great to watch but can end in a lot of tears.

18. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    Yes, but it's the same for everybody.
    P1,2,3...…..check, test, adjust......but if all the tech team are getting is constant whinging, nothing will improve.
    They need feedback, not ear-ache......when you are bumping along at the bottom, the only way is up.
    Nobody wants to see them fail, then leave F1 altogether......no good for the sport at all.

19. DF1

Saying what you think has merit if you think....first

cig1 and BMWairhead like this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Is "park and ride" an alien concept to the organizers? Central parking a few miles from the circuit and transport spectators by bus? It works very well at COTA.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  21. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Not wanting to repeat myself, but...
    The circuit is in "on apiece of land" in a region that is quite difficult to access, because:
    It is just in the background of the seaside, about 15 miles from it, in rocky hills. This part of Provence is already ruined by many roads and too much concrete (flats, buildings, appartment, villas, and what have you), so these days it is very difficult to get an autorisation to carve anything from the land, or to built any additional road.
    Acess to that track has never been easy, and will never be.

Rgds

LVP488 and Bas like this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It was that obvious eh? ;):D

23. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lotaz likes this.
  25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Did McLaren find a loophole in the regulations testing now on public roads?