FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Why? Should have skipped the photo then.

Isobel likes this.
  2. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Just like in the Schumi era but we all rejoiced.

ktu and william like this.
  3. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    You missed Bottas standing in front of Hamilton, wearing a Mercedes hat rather than the tartan?

Isobel and ATBNM3 like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Schumi was the reason the car won, not the other way around. Elton does not demonstrate anything like the skills displayed by Michael, nor the personal traits of the great man that make him a true hero. Today’s Mercedes cars are so far ahead of the competition that the one elected as the team leader will always be the first in line to garner the win afforded automatically by the car, it’s that simple. Put another top driver of today in Elton’s Mercedes, they will have the same wins and championships, of that no one can argue.

The days when a driver needed to be special like Senna or Michael to win, to lead a team, even to maintain and take advantage of dominance, is over, it was over in the days of red bull winning, and is even more over within the latest raft of rules. Unless F1 changes its rules to allow competition, then it sinks forever more into irrelevance and as a shadow of its former self. Who would be excited to herald today’s processional dominance of Mercedes as a great example of racing? No one. It was a mere demonstration of the supreme dominance of the car itself, nothing more, nothing less.

Please note, the views expressed in my posts do not reflect nor imply that they are the views of FChat itself, nor it’s affiliates. The opinions are those of myself, and are a personal reflection.

Finlander, fil, Banzai! and 5 others like this.
  5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Having to go back to Fangio to find a way to challenge Lewis’s accomplishments is a long long reach. LOL Tech in Fangio’s day was on par with this guy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Except for Nico in 2016.... Hammy was beaten by him.

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ooooooh look bollard on the track! Emergency Emergency! VSC VSC!:rolleyes:

Can't they just drive round it ? FFS:mad:

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  8. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    And fortunately for Hammy he doesn’t have to deal with tech as MB has him covered.

9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Except Lewis took over when Michael failed to turn Mercedes into a winning team. Under Lewis’s leadership Mercedes became a championship winning machine. Can’t argue with the facts. Lewis did to Mercedes what Michael did for Ferrari but was unable to recreate at Mercedes.

ktu, william and ATBNM3 like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Schumacher laid the foundation of what Lewis is currently enjoying today.

Even Toto admits this in an interview.

fil, Banzai!, stavura and 2 others like this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Michael was never employed to lead the charge for championships, he was the development driver Mercedes hired, coming out of retirement at the request of Ross Brawn. The intent was the creation of the Mercedes machine that is in f1 today. Michael was an absolute success at his job for Mercedes. He did not want to carry on further with the Mercedes. Elton was hired by Mercedes as it’s headline driver specifically for the era of rules which it had negotiated and created with the FIA.

Michael did not fail at anything, and anyone that thinks he does needs to reexamine the information from the time. Speak to Ross Brawn, that’s the quickest way to answer your queries, he speaks of Michael in exalted tones, and will absolutely confirm that Michael was not only the greatest ever driver in the history of F1, but also the best development driver ever to have graced the sport. Elton on the other hand has a reputation of not wanting to even do development driving let alone being any good at it. He prefers only to turn up and race, which is fine, but shouldn’t be confused with that of a complete driver in the mould of a Schumacher

Please note, the views expressed in my posts do not reflect nor imply that they are the views of FChat itself, nor it’s affiliates. The opinions are those of myself, and are a personal reflection

fil, TifosiUSA, Isobel and 4 others like this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Absolutely not true...Michael returned to Formula 1 to with the intent to win races and World Championships, like any proper racing driver. It wasn't casual or altruistic just to help out Ross, or Mercedes. There are many factors imo why the magic was not re-created, but lack of intent by Michael was not one them, and there is little doubt these years were a deeply frustrating experience for him...

Michael, Dec. 2009:
    "I have won the title seven times and the team (Brawn GP) won both titles last year, so what do you expect?
    Now that Mercedes are team owners you cannot expect anything else other than the world title. That is what we aim for but we have to deliver and that is our job. Honestly I can't wait until February 1st when we will officially run the car."

ktu, william and ATBNM3 like this.
  13. 2003Enzo

2003Enzo Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Whether it is solely down to the tires or perhaps the new front wing regulations I don't know. The field is soooooo spread out this season. Who cares about overtaking... the cars are 8 to 15 seconds apart ffs. It's ridiculous, and it's boring.

I don't hate Lewis Hamilton. I don't even hate Mercedes. What I do hate is the complete lack of excitement and that we already know the results of the next 13 races. Both championships will officially be wrapped up by Spa I suspect.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

DF1, Isobel and ATBNM3 like this.
  14. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Mechanical failures beat Hamilton not Nico... Malaysia the only time a Merc powerunit failed fresh out of the box. Hamilton had a commanding lead when it happened.

Mark(study), fer312t and william like this.
  15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    On review of the post, it appears the misquote was being attributed to Hamilton, not another user. Ban lifted. Apologies.

16. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    It's the work of French artist Richard Orlinski.

https://www.richardorlinski.fr/

17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Press statements and actual intent are often two different things. I prefer to believe Ross Brawn privately, to press garbage publicly

Please note, the views expressed in my posts do not reflect nor imply that they are the views of FChat itself, nor it’s affiliates. The opinions are those of myself, and are a personal reflection.

18. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Whatever you do don't mention the war :p

Bas likes this.
  19. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    So 1 race ban for Hamilton?

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  20. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Hamilton will only get a race ban if he drives for a team other than Merc.

21. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yet the mech failures of nico are easily forgotten...Nico beat him fair and square, and it was Hamilton who mailed it in at the end of 2015, letting Nico spank him the last four races which gave Nico confidence in 2016. Hammy had to win the last 5 races-not hard when all you had to do is beat your teammate-and he won 4 of them. Nico administered a proper chinning to Hammy in Suzuka and it was there that Hammy lost the WDC.

If we are going to talk “coulda, shoulda, woulda” them schumey should have won the WDC in 2006 as he had an engine go in Japan. Schumey in lieu of complaining praised Ferrari for giving him such a reliable car thru the years.....

Hammy post Malaysia:

After the race, Hamilton told BBC Radio 5 live's Tom Clarkson: "My question is to Mercedes. We have so many engines made, but mine are the only ones failing this year.

"Someone needs to give me some answers because this is not acceptable. We are fighting for the championship and only my engines are failing. It does not sit right with me."

Schumacher post Japan:

"Incidents like today's can happen and they are part of racing," Schumacher said. "Today I did my best. I was leading the race and then my engine broke. That is the simplest way to sum it up. This is formula one. But we can be proud of what we have achieved since Canada. We were 25 points behind and no one could have thought we would be back in the fight for the championship, but we did it. Now we are nine points down in the constructors' championship and we will do all we can to win that title in Brazil."

Nuf said......

Picchu88, fil, TifosiUSA and 2 others like this.
  22. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Just a quick thought on F1 and changing its rules. When Grazdamnoc and I attended the Costa presentation 10 days ago, all the big Italian journalist were there. And one of them spent some time with us talking about how viewership has dropped considerably under the current rules and Liberty media. Literally viewship has dropped by more than half. This one journalist noted that when F1 races were broadcast on terrestrial TV, RAI had 120 million viewers. After Sky bought the rights and RAI broadcast 50% of the races, viewership dropped by 50%. And now, unless one pays an extortionate amount of money, one cannot view the racing unless one goes to a bar or watch delayed broadcasts. I for one won't pay any money to watch the current circus.

And regarding Hamilton, he's a great drive in today's cars. He doesn't make many mistakes, unlike some other drivers. But as Costa said when they spent 3 days skiing during the off season, Michael said they had to be the first on the lifts, ski all day, have dinner and then hit the discos at night. Next day, repeat, Third day repeat.

Hamilton is great in today's car, but I can't see him bringing the resources necessary to make the team work (as MSC did).

23. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    #273 Isobel, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Why is that? And any idea on why Bottas declined ? Toto was wearing one. Anyone know why or what the Merc drivers were protesting against an 80 year old former WDC on his birthday. It must run fairly deep.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Nicely put, Perhaps the media should highlight the fact that the audience has dropped significantly, but then the last person to do that was blacklisted [don't remember who it was but it is lurking somewhere in my memory]

Agree I will not pay to watch F! in its current state, I love the sport but this has gone too far, same with football, cricket, tennis, boxing etc etc.

They should be paying me to watch it with all the adverts popping onto the screen

Tony

Sig. Roma and daytona355 like this.
  25. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    I was surprised when Herta got away with his shove of Pagenaud in turn 5. But in the end, I was glad there were no penalties. Great, great stuff.

daytona355 and Bas like this.