FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 23 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I think the minimum penalty they can dish out is 5s, If it was at the start of the race he would of served the penalty during his pitstop so asking them to move over during the race complicates things.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    @bmagni
    @Hawkeye
    @Bas Jaski

So here's Seb's full team radio on the cool down lap.

Vettel COMPLETE TEAM RADIO AFTER CANADAIN GP: "I'm angry"

Finlander, Nortonious, Bas and 4 others like this.
  4. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    I don't agree with the penalty but it didn't even need to happen in the first place. Yet another error by Vettel. After the race was even more pathetic.

What a sad display today in Formula 1.

ktu, werewolf, Mark(study) and 2 others like this.
  5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Not so! The FIA message indicated that "certain" decisions can be appealed, and the fact that they added this statement implies to me that this is one of those decisions.

Nortonious and william like this.
  6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Well, that proves the FIA are made up of crooks. That was daylight robbery.

Brian Johnson, Bas and Isobel like this.
  7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    At least its got a negative ratio

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    To me that was a normal racing incident, similar to those we've seen plenty of times before. There should not have even been an investigation, let alone a penalty.

Since the championship is lost, I think Ferrari should consider withdrawing from the championship for at least a few races (after Silverstone). Watch the attendance plunge and see if F1 makes any changes!

dflett, 11506apollo and Isobel like this.
  9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Vettel has a habit of making these things happen to him.

lagunacc, william and ATBNM3 like this.
  10. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Because Seb cracked under pressure again. The reason that Merc and Hamilton are dominating the Championships is not because of the FIA it's Hamilton's superior driving and Merc's superior car.

lagunacc, werewolf and william like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The sad fact is that if that time penalty had been inflicted to a back-marker for a similar incident, nothing more would be said about it.
    But many people are rooting for Ferrari, and this becomes a major controversy.
    Being a title-contender, it's in Vettel's interest to stir up public sympathy, although I don't know where that will lead.

To me Vettel cracked twice today.
    First, he committed another driving error leading him to leave the track Under pressure from his pursuer.
    Second, he completely lost it when he received news of the stewards decision, and behaved like a spoilt brat at the finish.
    I really think his best days are over and that he is losing the plot now.

Ferrari should really assess him and decide if he is still an asset, or a liability.

lagunacc, ktu, werewolf and 2 others like this.
  13. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hammy needed help from FIA again. Monaco 2016. Most overrated driver I’ve ever seen and I’ve been following since late 1975....even with the most dominating car he still needs FIA help.

14. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    He didn't beat Vettel on the track yesterday and today right?

Bas, P.Singhof, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  15. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Lololololo we can always count on you for some entertainment.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    To me, some of the tantrum was Vettel himself knowing he made one small mistake and "almost" got away with it. Hamilton just never makes these kinds of mistakes.

But the decision was in fact a really poor one. Yes, Vettel made a mistake but the idea that he INTENTIONALLY re-entered the track in an unsafe manner from GRASS in a tight chicane with walls on both sides is ridiculous. He has a point that he had no where to go.

Brian Johnson and william like this.
  17. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    If Vettel slowed down enough to enter the track properly and not jump back on the racing line to push Hamilton over Hamilton would have blown by him which it's why he didn't. Vettel lost today because of Vettel the stewarts were just following the regulations.

lagunacc and werewolf like this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    How do you slow down on grass? Explain!

Vettel's car was out of control as it re-entered. Vettel wouldn't have had time to think to himself he needs to intentionally block Hamilton. He was just trying to avoid hitting the walls on both sides

This was just another racing incident and should have been treated that way. By doing this they screwed the fans because Hamilton just cruised to the end instead of attacking and possibly winning the race outright.

csmjr91090, Bas, P.Singhof and 5 others like this.
  19. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Best comment I read regarding the prepodium waiting room. “LeClerc looks like a kid at a family reunion where his divorced parents bumped into each other.”

kes7u, Bas, lagunacc and 3 others like this.
  20. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    He could have slowed more before he got on the grass and got completely off the throttle while on the grass then he could have taken the left line instead of diving to the right hence the penalty...

Vettel cocked it up and knew the only way to stay in front was to do exactly what he did.

lagunacc and Drive550PFB like this.
  21. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Im no F1 driver, but I'm pretty sure when you go onto the grass you have very little control.
    Look at Bottas during Q3, went slightly onto the grass and had a massive spin.

Brian Johnson, Bas and Thomas S. like this.
  22. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    its called racing, you dont slow down and he didnt forced him out of the track and Vettel was still in front, he left enough room for Hamilton and Hamilton tried to overtake but he couldn't. for a short moment Vettels car was out of control, yes his error, true. but he was able to survive somehow. this is a Formula 1 car, not a Prius. 99% of the people have no clue how those cars react, especially after you went on the gras. Judging from the Couch is easier than when you acually sit in the Car. the car was for sure not controllable for a short moment and it was quite surprising vettel didn't lost it. I was much more suprised why Hamilton wasn't able to overtake him as Vettel lost some momentum.

23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    An error is spinning out at Bahrain or Ham slamming the wall in practice. Luke Mansell said, the back stepped out and he collected it.

F'ing useless Pirro never f'ing drove fast enough in F1 to understand this.

Isobel and Thomas S. like this.
  24. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    And the best here is Gilles Villeneuve in the backkground.... someone to remember Villeneuve Arnoux Dijon 1979?