FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 24 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Monaco 2016.

cloverleaf likes this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Almost never! :)

My point is Vettel is sometimes his own worst enemy. He made one more mistake today. It shouldn't have costed him the race but it did.

william and classic308 like this.
  3. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    My wifes (granted, far from an expert) comment was, "Wow, these guys (stewards) would penalize everyone in MOTO GP".

4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

You dont cut a corner and keep a position. He was going to be passed. If this was LH and the verdict came down the celebration here would be superb no? I would expect LH to be penalized. Again if this was Stroll and K-Mag this debate is not taking place at all. Simple - keep the car on track, dont cut corners and win. Applies to every team in paddock. Seb did a nice job to cut off his competitor every so slightly and lost.

Its all a gamble and these decisions never look good for the big teams or small one's. Its all the same. I agree his reaction is that of someone who knows they got caught pushing the limit and losing. His temper and lack of control under pressure are laughable at this point. Lets replay his radio in Mexico for real 4 WDC entertainment LOL and a sample of his rage.

This will happen again in F1. It is only a matter of time.

william, ktu, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    MEMO

To: Pirelli
    c.c.: FIA

Gentlemen, that was too close for comfort, luckily the FIA stepped up and took care of things.

Going forward we're going to need some further assistance including maybe another private test session (or two) and bespoke tires.

Don't forget our objective is to WIN EVERY RACE IN 2019!

Best regards,
    Toto (and Louise)

6. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
  7. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    "Vettel's car was out of control as it re-entered".

I fully agree ... but I'm not sure you understand the full weight of what you just wrote.

Vettel is VERY fortunate that the penalty wasn't worse.

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ted Kravitz

-Kravitz says regardless of Vettel being in control of his car..;. The rule dictates that if you leave the circuit you have to leave a cars space between himself and the other car being Hamilton.

(which Vettel did leave a cars space)

-Kravitz says Hamilton fishing for a penalty with complaints on the radio is not right.

ingegnere likes this.
  9. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    crinoid and ingegnere like this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You only see what you want to see through you LH44-glasses... Lewis overshot as well so no superior driving. Get real...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

11. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Yet he doesn't like to win like that :rolleyes: So fake!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  12. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    mmhh just wondering sometimes about all those discussions what a driver should have done or not or how to properly drive a race car... most of the people not even sat into one...

Smyrna355Spider likes this.
  13. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Vettel left a full car's space between himself and Hamilton, when he re-entered?

Not sure what race you were watching ... i saw Vettel barely leave a car's space between himself and the wall!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  14. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    My wife and I were just talking about how wrong F1 has gotten it and how right MotoGP has gotten it. We are still talking about the incredible Italian MotoGP race last week that had more drama and excitement than Formula 1 has had in the entire Turbo-Hybrid era. The on track action in Mugello was just good hard racing and none of it would have any place in F1. For those that don’t think F1 has lost the plot, tune in to a MotoGP race and see what real racing is all about.

Hocakes likes this.
  15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    "He was going to be passed" What?? That's very assumptive.

Anyway, if you cut a corner to gain a place, you have to give that place back. So let's review: He went into the corner in 1st and he exited the corner in 1st.

Hocakes likes this.
  16. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    They both would have been black flagged today.

jpalmito and ingegnere like this.
  17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He could have easily changed that by actually passing Seb... then all the discussions would be off the table. But as he could not he was more than happy to simply follow the leader and being gifted the victory. Lewis being his usual self making it sound like he is THE sportsman

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

stavura, ingegnere and chrixxx like this.
  18. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I hear you but the fact that Hammy wins both decisions only goes to show the favoritism given him. How about Germany 2018? Seriously Ferrari should appeal and play the Monaco 2016 incident not to get a win here but to show the blatant inconsistency in the stewards’ call and embarrass the FIA which frankly deserves it.

fil likes this.
  19. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Black flagged? They would have been forced to sit out the rest of the year and received sensitivity training like Max last year.

bernardo66 likes this.
  20. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Couldn’t agree more. I try to watch MotoGP live and dvr F1 now.

21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    We both saw the same race!!!

That being said, I have seen videos from all angles(front, on-boards, top-view, etc) where Seb left a car's width between himself and the wall(Sebs right) where Hamilton was....with room still....while controlling the car after the tires had gone off the grass.

Unlike in Monaco 2016 where Lewis DID NOT leave a cars width after rejoining the track thereby cutting off Ricciardo after the chicane knowing full well Ricciardo was going to overtake Lewis which is why Lewis cut off Ricciardo and got away with it.

22. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    he didn't leave space if Hamilton went right any further he would have been in the wall.

werewolf likes this.
  23. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    There was NOT a car's space between himself and Hamilton. Not from any view, not from any angle.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I really don't understand how anybody justifies the penalty with, "Well, if Vettle hadn't made a mistake he wouldn't be in this situation."

Yeah. That justifies a boneheaded penalty for the Louise fanboys. As for, "I didn't want to win this way".......then why was he crying on the radio a millisecond after it happened?

25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Seb left space.

stavura and Jack-the-lad like this.