FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 7 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    There is absolutely no proof for that unless they drive in the same car. F1 is a team sport even when they crown a WDC at the end of the year

2. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Let me just leave it with one more comment: The great teams wanted Lewis and they pay him very, very well. That doesn't happen by accident!

Let's hope the red cars can win the drag race to the first corner tomorrow.

william, Jakuzzi and 375+ like this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Don't like what he says, refute it. Attack him personally, get a thread ban.

Take the race weekend off, enjoy the view and consider next time keeping it about the race and the drivers, not the members here.

Let me remind you guys that it's about F1, not the members, so keep it on the track.

D

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've never posted in the Elton Sucks thread, because I think he's a whiny little *****, but a talented whiny little *****.

stavura, william, Jakuzzi and 3 others like this.
  5. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Fair enough.

6. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Hard track to pass on but if Ferrari can hang with Mercedes I would think they could get them on pace once Mercedes pits. They were definitely faster in practice.

7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Are you saying there is no proof of Senna or Schumacher being the greatest in their era because they weren't all in the same car?

Jakuzzi and tifoso2728 like this.
  8. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    What's cool about this year are the different winners. HAM, VET, VER, RIC. It would be mega if someone from Renault or HAAS could sneak in a win.

william and Jakuzzi like this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Difference: both Lewis and Seb got 4 WDC in what is concidered the best car at the time. I do not see what elevates one over the other.
    Show me someone in the era of Michael who has the same amount of titles to match that.
    And Senna: not few think that Prost was au pair with him with other talents.

Edit: if this is what you are looking for: scientific there is no proof that either of them is the greatest.

stavura, Jakuzzi and Bas like this.
  10. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    That makes things even more interesting. Merc will surely start on the harder tire option, and that means advantage Ferrari to the first corner.

Should be a very exciting start.

Jakuzzi and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Will not happen under normal circumstances. The first three times are head and shoulders above the rest. You see that every time one of the top guys has to start from the back. They are simply no opponents and driver their own race. How can they win without something happening to the 6 front runners?

375+ likes this.
  12. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Agreed. That's why it would be mega if it happened while not having anything really nasty causing it.

13. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Just to be clear about your statement, PROST was better than Senna, so therefore the comment should state Prost & Schumacher as the greatest of their Era. ;)

william and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Mercedes have a massive advantage though. Not only by starting from the front row but also by now being able to start on their favourite tyre (i.e. not the ultrasoft).

As a Ferrari fan I'm finding this season enormously frustrating because they seem to have used up their entire quota of luck in Australia and since then have lost a silly amount of points through safety cars at the wrong time, rain at the wrong time, tactical errors and driver errors.

Yes exactly.

I was reading Marc Priestley's book recently and it seems that there were plenty in the McLaren team when he was there who had a similar view and especially after Hungary 2007 and the fallout from that. (As an aside, Marc Priestley himself really got on with Kimi Raikkonen).

375+, Jakuzzi and G. Pepper like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Ham won each year since he entered F1. Vettel was winless in 2014 as his teammate won 3 races. Ham has pole record. Ham has most consecutive point scoring races ever. If you still don't see what elevates one over the other, then we see driver talent differently, which is cool.

william likes this.
  16. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I try (but not alway remember) to insert IMO, or "I believe", or "I think" in my posts to emphasize that it's only my opinion.
    Opinions are subjective, by nature, but facts are objective, IMO. LOL

G. Pepper and tifoso2728 like this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    By your statment none this matters, because they werent all in the same car, doesn't matter how many titles Michael won

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ferrari 1 - 2 tomorrow. Mark my words.

Jakuzzi, stavura, Tackleberry and 3 others like this.
  19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Are you placing this bet at one of the sports books in Vegas?

20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Actually, I never gamble. That's why I live in Las Vegas. :)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Prost was better than Senna? LOL.

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I agree that no one outside the top 3 teams is likely to have a chance except under very extraordinary circumstances. Of course, that leaves two more possible winners this year: Valtteri Bottas and Kimi Raikkonen!

23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    On a rare occasion . . . . yes. The 1990 Mexican Grand Prix is an example.

Jakuzzi and 375+ like this.
  24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Never going to happen, when both Finns have been relegated as #2 drivers...

375+ likes this.
  25. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Agreed, I think everyone forgets that Hamilton came into F1 with the best team at the time. Vettel was with Toro Rosso, mid pack team and won. We have never seen Lewis deal with crapppy car. When he came into Mercedes they were already winning and had momentum. Redbull only started winning when Vettel came on board. IMO Vettel is very similar to MS in developing the car.