FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jul 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    ...Unless their #1 driver is out of the race for some reason.

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The irony of today's broadcast

The announcers tell us that rain will help Lance Stroll because he's done so well in some previous rain situation.

30 seconds later Stroll crashes out -- with the first drops of rain.

Jakuzzi, stavura, daytona355 and 3 others like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

In my opinion, yes.

The stats also confirm it, I believe.

Prost was a thinking driver; Senna an instinctive driver.

Again, IN MY OPINION .

Jakuzzi likes this.
  4. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    LOL

I just found out that I have the same birthday as Lance... o_O

Can I stay on this forum now?

Jakuzzi, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  5. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    I agree with you on this one, William.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This is the great debate-- tastes great or less filling.

Both had their advantages and disadvantages. But to me, even if Senna did not die tragically, Senna would be appreciated more today than Prost. In the end, isn't that what really matters? People just tend to respect raw talent over the strategist.

Both existed in a time when drivers mattered more to win consistently than today and both lived in a time when politics and team infighting were used as weapons against your teammate.

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Actually, when Hamilton signed for Mercedes, they weren't a winning team at all.
    They hadn't won a GP for the last 3 years, and only won one late in the season, I believe.
    Mercedes started to win regularly after Hamilton joined; 3 in the first year to start with.
    The rest is history.

ricksb likes this.
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I remember on Fchat EVERYONE HERE said Hamilton moving to Merc was the dumbest thing ever and that he may never win another race again, let alone a championship

Jakuzzi, ricksb and william like this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Well, I never said that. :)

Jakuzzi likes this.
  10. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

They won in 2012 before Hamiton came in and podium a few times, The year Hamilton came in they won 3 which Rosberg won 2 of them and Hamilton the other. They really became dominate when the Hybrids came in.

Jakuzzi and 375+ like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't remember that, but when Alonso joined McLaren, I prophecised that he would never win a GP again.

So far, 'Nando has proved me right, and I don't think his prospect will improve on that account!

Whisper: Alonso has been my pet hate for a while.

Jakuzzi and crinoid like this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    So, where was the momentum you were talking about?

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Almost everyone???? :)

I thought it was a dumb move from McLaren where Ron Dennis was his protector.

william, 375+ and G. Pepper like this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So Lewis made the difference? Is that what you want to imply? So why was it Rosberg who won their first GP and not Lewis???
    Or was Nico all of the sudden enlightened because Lewis joined? ;)

daytona355 and CRG125 like this.
  15. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I see this way, they won in 2012 and 3 the year after with Hamilton winning just 1 and after that they became dominate when the motors switched. I dont think that had anything to do with Hamilton or Rosberg. You compare to Vettel, when he came into Toro Rosso and Redbull they had not won at all.

16. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Obviously, “everyone” is overstated for impact, but that was certainly the prevailing sentiment on the site. I believe the thread is still here, buried a few pages back in the section.

william likes this.
  17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sigh, again the old story about Lewis winning a race every season...
    This only prooves that he was sitting in a car capable of winning every single year of his career. Apart from Kovalainen one year every single of his team mates won a race with the same car that prooves that it was not Lewis making the difference whether the car was a winner or not.
    And you judge Seb by a single season? What would you say if one does only judge Lewis by the years he lost against Jenson and Nico? Some might say that Ricciardo might be better than both of them...furthermore the car in 2014 was not a winner, Ricciardo never won on own merit, he only won when the Mercedes screwed up, so one might say that the three victories of Ricciardo were lucky. Agreed that Seb did not adapt that fast to the new regulations but does that make him a worse driver alone? Moss never adopted to slicks as far as I remember, would you say that this makes him a bad driver?

Again: I do not say that Sebv is better than Lewis the way you do it the other way round. I simply say that there is absolutely no proof of that, no matter what statistics you want to bring up. Because all of these statistics have one thing in common: the are based on a car/driver combination and not on a driver alone!!!

Jakuzzi, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A touch different than last year!!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137703/verstappen-red-bull-just-doesnt-work-in-wet

Max Verstappen says Red Bull's 2018 Formula 1 car "just doesn't work" in wet conditions, having qualified a disappointing seventh for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The young Dutchman has built up a reputation for wet-weather prowess in his F1 career so far, while Red Bull has also generally excelled in such conditions of late - as such weather puts an emphasis on downforce and negates its customary straightline speed deficit.

But at the Hungaroring - which is viewed as one of Red Bull's stronger tracks - Verstappen could do no better than seventh in wet-weather qualifying, 2.2 seconds off pole and beaten not only by the Mercedes and Ferrari cars but also a Renault and a Toro Rosso.

"The car doesn't work. I don't know what the reason is. It just doesn't work," Verstappen told Dutch broadcaster Ziggo Sport after the session.

"No grip and then there's nothing you can do in the rain.

"It hasn't been working out for us in the rain all year.

"Also at the restarts, when you have cold tyres, we never manage to find the connection, like in Baku, also in Hockenheim.

"Last year you just knew that when you went out [in the wet], it was three purple sectors and the car went like a bullet. This year it's a whole different story."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Unlike him we didn’t know they were cheating time on developing their next PU

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1000 IMO!

daytona355 and fil like this.
  21. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    As I've said before, if you're not being accused of cheating, you're not trying hard enough (IMO).

22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Only if your dad is a check writer(make mine out to "cash");)

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I am not comparing to anything, I only reacted to your statement that Hamilton joined Mercedes when " they were a winning team and had momentum".
    They were not exactly setting the world alight before he came, so his move was judged audacious by many at the time.
    But Hamilton made the right move, as it turned out, and Alonso keeps making the wrong ones!!!

24. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    YES. I do not get why you LOLeld a correct and obvious Statement of fact.

25. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Am I the only one on f-chat that cherishes the constructors title over the drivers championship?

Joe