FORMULA 1 ROLEX TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - Istanbul....RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - Istanbul....RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Great race by bottas…
    Another race where Hamilton doesn’t show the experience or race craft he should have as a 7 times world champ. I get it it happens but it happened a lot this year for him.
    Maybe the Hungary points scored by max will be the difference maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    stavura, Isobel, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  3. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    We can’t say the Pirellis aren’t tough. Also considering how big, heavy, powerful these cars are and with tons of downforce these cars have. They probably load a tire more than a NASCAR stocker so to do a whole race is pretty impressive. Stupid… but impressive. LOL

jgonzalesm6, DF1 and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    DF1, Jeronimo GTO and crinoid like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yep, the lateral loads on corners and vertical loads on the straights are enormous for each tire......especially in the dry.

ingegnere likes this.
  6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    That won’t make him any happier. Very different from Ocon’s…granted, with 8 less laps on them

7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    On reflection, in the great scheme of things, and despite me shouting ‘idiotas’ at the TV, maybe it was worth sacrificing a P3 for the chance of a win, and ending up with a P4.
    A p3 or a p4 doesn’t make that much difference, but if Chuck had won, I think I would have cried.
    One day…

stavura, pilotoCS, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Each went aggressive and it cost them one place. Charles wanted to win, Lewis wanted a podium. (Hamilton getting 3rd is predicated on Leclerc staying out also and being the only driver in the top-5 to do so. 4th was the battle against Perez that he was compromised)

I understand why each wanted to stay out. There was also the chance that the track would dry enough to switch to meds,

Terra and ingegnere like this.
  9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    hmmm,..I don’t think this was an “experience/race craft” issue this race. It was all happening in real time, we know they stayed out on meds hoping the track would dry enough to pit for meds. When that failed to materialize, they were caught in no-man’s land. Stay out and risk rain return (was on the radar) or tire failure or pit for safety? He likely could have stayed out and secured 4th, but it was a 50/50 proposition, imo.

Terra, Isobel and DF1 like this.
  10. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Good race on all fronts. The weather made the drivers work hard and the teams think hard. Max stayed cool, listened to his team...and came out all the better for it. Lewis, perhaps psyching himself out, argued with his team and lost points as a result...even after a superb drive. Checco drove the way we all hoped he would more often. The take away, for me, is that Mercedes is still the car to beat. More than enough races left for Hamilton to win his 8th WDC, and Max still has the uphill job of beating him. Ferrari's drivers got everything they could out of their cars, and then some. If they get a good car next year, it could be a three way race. All the other teams fell back to mid field status...not worthy of more mention.

11. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Interested on board Bottas Merc the level of front wing deflection is massive and the FIA do nothing

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I know exacly what they were thinking......

stavura, Bas and ingegnere like this.
  13. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    And won he would have.

14. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    The call was the correct one when originally requested.

15. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    DGS, Terra and lagunacc like this.
  16. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Considering CL's result I'd say it was already too late.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  17. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Spot on.

18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Unfortunately when SF tie both shoe laces together - again, the inevitable happens..........chaos followed by embarrassment.
    If they do indeed manage to produce a 2022 race winner (doubtful) then they need to smarten up their race management

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    On the contrary, they were trying for a win that they had no chance of winning if they stopped. Like what HAM was trying too.

They were expecting the track to remain wetter and not really understanding why they guys on new inters weren’t closing (they were going through a graining phase) so decided to gamble on saving a pit stop. Leclerc explained very well, post race.

On the other hand, I don’t understand why Sainz’s stop took so long.

fil likes this.
  20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I believe E$lton got pissed today because he saw how easily Bottas won the race, and he figured he would have done it, so in the end it was actualy a bad place to take the engine penalty!

stavura, classic308 and Jakuzzi like this.
  21. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Agreed the penalty was incorrect, Button advised same during the incident after replay, “no room for Gas to go somewhere else” ..”that penalty was a little stiff”, later they played Gasly’s “sandwich” radio comment immediately after his Alonso tangle.

mcimino, Bas and Jakuzzi like this.
  22. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    DF1 likes this.
  23. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I think Ferrari made the right call tbh, they gave up one position to go for the win - I'd rather they go for it than give up and settle for 3rd. If they hadn't we'd all be complaining about what could have been.

Lewis's right front was down to the cords, no way that makes it another 8 laps.

ingegnere likes this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep...that all started with the bad pitstop. Given Lewis' wasn't able to pass Norris there, no chance he'd pass Max. P2 lost, P3 Lewis so only 3 poiints, lewis on the faster tyre at the end likely only 2 points then.

25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. It's a sport that is a waste of energy. All their talk about environmentalism (from both F1 and the drivers) is hypocritical as ****.

Picchu88 and Nuvolari like this.