FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

To be honest, Vettel is embarrassing himself by repeating beginners' mistakes.

sammysaber and ATBNM3 like this.
  2. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    It would have been an absolute miracle for Hamilton to have taken pole but in race trim they are much closer. Leclerc's replaced Hamilton inside Vettel's head and it shows in his driving.

william likes this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Thank ****

Bas, Jeronimo GTO, stavura and 2 others like this.
  4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Bwahaha! And this guy's says he understands the sport!

Why did you delete your rant @daytona355 it was pretty epic lol!

5. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    As I noted when I did it, why bother. You are on ignore, and I was bored.

Jakuzzi, stavura and Nortonious like this.
  6. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    *****ing hilarious man...thanks!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  8. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Daytona355 was commenting on the driver, you're going out of your way to pick a fight with another user.

1 race ban (9/30 as this one is partly underway).

tonyswfla, Jakuzzi, stavura and 2 others like this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    so it didn't.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly so!

daytona355 likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    According to reports, LeClerc has been very very proactive in helping in developing the car through his feedback, which apparently is excellent and progressive.. hence, while the car requires much much more work than it should, they are finally finding the way to go to improve and make a dog of a car driveable. Thee is still the deficit in downforce inherent in the design, but they are finding the way to dial this back in, although as I’ve said before, this race (and the rest) are dependent on track position and our use of the tyres - wouldn’t be surprised if we have to go to the hardest compound to make them last again, and hence the track position will be key.

Ideally, we need to see Eltons psyche undermined further so he starts trying to have a demolition derby of the type seen when Rosberg was beating him, and then stewards to step in and give him penalties for it, and maybe one or two drivers teach him a lesson or two with a nerf off the track for his trouble rather than letting him thru softly

ingegnere, crinoid and Bas like this.
  12. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    This is true. I just think the punishment does not fit the crime in this instance.

13. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Mercedes remains the car to beat over race distance.
    It's good that occassionally Charles or Max can get in amongst the fight.

14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    For the first time in recent history Ferrari out-develops everyone in the second half of the season?

Nortonious and Picchu88 like this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This is exacly what Jody sheckter was complaining about, saying tha FIA is suposed to have inteligent people but instead they just make stupid rules...people want to see drivers race, not getting penalized!! what a bunch of imbecils!!!

Nortonious, Bas and daytona355 like this.
  16. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Unfortunately no........ Mercedes does not need to better their car to win both championships.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  17. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    You’d better text Seb with that....bc I guarantee you that is not what he’s thinking.

Nortonious, Jakuzzi and stavura like this.
  18. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #218 I'm 360 Canuck, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    As such, I couldn’t care less about this incident. I know he has his fans here that are nostalgic for his better years, but Ricciardo is a nonfactor this season and basically indistinguishable form the rest of the middle of the pack. Penalizing him just gives a slight advantage to a bunch of other guys that had no chance of being on the podium. Most viewers don’t really care about the squabbling for points between drivers ranked 6-10. Oh no, the 8th ranked guy will come in 12th this race! The entertainment value is gone! I’m going to watch NASCAR!
    If anything, seeing Ricc have to prove he’s still competitive by chasing his way up, adds to the excitement. At least it is, when Max or Seb does it. Plus, fact remains, he’s no victim here, if Merc were caught the same way, ppl would be screaming to send Toto and LH to the gallows.

19. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    leclerc is similarly working his way into Hamilton’s head as well.
    LH has an amazing buffer in points this year, but the second half may take some of the shine off his inevitable championship...at least for a while, and potentially raises some questions for next year.

20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Certainly.
    Lewis will get another WDC due to the Mercedes dominance upto and including Paul Ricard (I would have fallen asleep trackside if it were not for the superb Chateau Minuty hospitality) but at least we should see a mix of results now upto Abu Dhabi.

Bas likes this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    It wasn't an aero correlation issue (this upgrade showed the on-track performance correlated quite well with the analysis) but a performance modeling issue.

The problem was that they prioritized aero efficiency versus more downforce (at a lesser efficiency) and their performance modeling was showing this as the better configuration, which it was at Bahrain, Canada, Belgium and Monza but not at the slower circuits.

Maybe this was due to the the tires not having been modeled properly, not understanding the tires or just bad performance modeling (they did remove the guy in charge) but regardless, looks like they've come good. Finally.

Bas likes this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lets hope it's sorted and they can have a great car next year and win some f'in titles...

Nortonious and stavura like this.
  23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Remember too that the tyre specs for winter testing were then changed at Mercedes request again this year, so it’s possible if the originals had been used, ferrari would not have had such a torrid time of things

24. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Lets just savour a fantastic 1-2 for the team.

My pre race prediction was way out so I may repeat this again for this weekend....bear with me:)

jpalmito and stavura like this.