Formula 1 viewing | FerrariChat

Formula 1 viewing

Discussion in 'Florida' started by reelees, Jun 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. reelees

reelees Karting

Aug 28, 2008
    Eagle lake, Florida
    Full Name:
    Cassius Rees
    I will be in Florida between Tampa and Orlando 4th of July weekend and looking to find a F1 viewing party or at least a place I can watch the race. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Your question deserves an answer, I'll take a shot at it.

When the clubs were active along with the participating dealers and related sponsors, F-1 viewing
    parties were fairly common in Central and South Florida. In fact, in SoFla, when Scuderia South
    Florida (a non-club club) was rolling, F1 viewing parties were almost routine.

However, the clubs (notably the FCA Florida Region) has fractured itself into regions by county and
    their participation on Ferrari Chat has likewise fallen off to virtually nothing. Thus, the inevitable has
    happened and the county regions have so lost the plot to the point now where there's no real benefit
    to joining the FCA and GTG events such as F-1 viewing parties have disappeared.

Even in South Florida with a huge European and South American population, where you'd think F-1
    viewing events would be routine, are non-existent as well.

So, the short answer to your question might be to find a hotel with good cable which carries ESPN or
    ESPN2 and watch in the hotel bar (or something).

BHW