FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - Sochi...RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 14 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 VTB RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - Sochi...RACE...▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 great racecraft, a tenacious competitor.

jpalmito likes this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Alonso has'nt been the same since Hamilton embarrassed him as a rookie. He never fully recovered.

william likes this.
  3. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    ^^^ You have outdone yourself this time with that imbecilic statement.

Schultz, Giallo 550, fil and 4 others like this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    ^^^ How many times have you seen a rookie challenge and beat a multi champion in his prime?

william likes this.
  5. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    This all sounds like part of a logic proof written by a ninth grader who has suffered a traumatic brain injury.

MrF355 and Bas like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    jpalmito and MrF355 like this.
  7. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Do you read what you write before posting. Oops my mistake you don't otherwise this forum would not be littered with stupidity you sprout. You can support someone but gee you do go over the top with statements that defy any logical reasoning.

Alonso is one of the greats of all time. Personally I don't like him and I have met him but I do respect his driving ability to extract that extra from a car that a lesser driver cannot. He has not been broken by any driver. Alonso in the same car as Hamilton would be able to beat him today. Not bad for someone as you say is now past their prime.

According to your logic if Russell who is in his prime outscores Hamilton in 2022 it will be because Hamilton is past his prime. If this happens hopefully for your sake and for some others here Hamilton wont be broken and he will be able to recover.

jpalmito, Picchu88 and Bas like this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Don't try insults, just respond to the question, how many times you seen a rookie beat a two time champion who's in his prime? I like Alonso, he is a great driver. But lets believe the events that unfolded before our eyes in 2007.

9. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #334 ktu, Oct 5, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
    Over the top? Do you even read Fchat and some things said about Hamilton? I heard somebody say Ocon was better than Hamilton one time. Go to any Hamilton thread and you will find over the top comments in abundance. I like Alonso, he's a great driver. But there is a reason Alonso praises Hamilton and said Hamilton was one of his top 5 drivers of all time.

10. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    When you stop making bizarrely absurd and unfounded statements by begging questions, I will stop telling you how asinine they are.

You saying Alonso was never the same driver doesn’t make it true just because you said it, nor does your strangely irrelevant follow up statement, which is just another straw man in a long line of straw men.

Picchu88 and jpalmito like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Alonso was so shaken after 2007, his girlfriend asked him to go see Hamilton the screenplay, Alonso said no.

12. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Asinine.

jpalmito, Bas and ktu like this.
  13. Barrylindon

Barrylindon Karting

Mar 20, 2021
    You statements are childish, love or hate him Alonso is one of the best drivers of all time.

Giallo 550, Picchu88, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    But.... but ..but..... Alonso has'nt built a team... he hasn't won a championshop without the best car, he entered F1 when it was less competition, he got beat by a team mate before. I thought if you had these things on your resume, it cancels you as being one of the goats?

15. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Ask Hamilton about what he thinks of that old Alonso at Hungaroring. He loved that, sure.

Giallo 550 and 375+ like this.
  16. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think you are quite right but the jury is out there. Both Max and Lewis have been in relatively good cars in their careers. The same cannot be said for both MS and Fred.

Time will tell.

375+ likes this.
  17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lewis has been in race winning cars all his career. Max drove in a Toro Rosso (definitely not a good car) and the RB15 and RB16 where pretty bad, the only time Albon got a podium was because Lewis didn't race and Mercedes ****ed their strategy. Apart from that one, neither Gasly or Albon got anywhere near a podium. IMO those cars where about the same in relative performance what Michael drove in the 90s. I still don't believe that the current Red Bull is the fastest, either. There've been a few races that they where genuinely quick, (Austria races notably), apart from that Max made it nip/tuck with Lewis. Since the Silverstone upgrade and the new Pirelli tyres introduction, Mercedes has made a clear step forward and simply underperformed. Max's performance far outdoes what Lewis is doing right now, and is making the Red Bull looking better than it is.

18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Bring back Whiting !!

{Yes I know the problem with that.}