Forum Game: Name that movie quote | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Forum Game: Name that movie quote

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ekasilicon, Feb 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That being ***hole

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    One of my favorite movies :

"But you know what the best part of my day is? The ten seconds before I knock on your door, 'cause I let myself think I might get there, and you'd be gone. I'd knock on the door and you wouldn't be there. You just left. Now I don't know much, but I know that."

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Here's an easy classic :

"Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
    You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Carbon! AWESOME flick.

I will continue(I memorized the whole speech)

Blake: 3rd prize is your fired. You get the picture? Are you laughing now? You've got leads, Mitch and Murray paid good money, get their names to sell them, you cant close the leads your given you can't close ****, YOU ARE $****! Hit the bricks pal and beat it cause you are going out!

Levin: The leads are weak!

The leads are weak? The FUUCkin leads are weak?!? YOURE WEAK. I've been in this business 15 years...

Moss: Whats your name?

Blake: F-CK YOU! THATS MY NAME!!!!.....You know why Mr.? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight and I drove an $80,000 BMW...THATS my name. And your name is "Your Wanting", and you can't play in a man's game? You can't close them? Then go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life, GET THEM TO SIGN ON THE LINE WHICH IS DOTTED.. You HEAR ME YOU F.CKIN ***GOTS?...........................ABC, A always, B be, C closing. Always be closing. ALWAYSSSSS BE CLOSING! A.I.D.A. Attention Interest Decision Action. Attention, do I have your attention? Interest, are you interested? I know you are cause its FCK or walk! You close or you hit the bricks! Decision, have you made your DECISION FOR CHRIST!?!.......and action. AIDA, get out there you've got the prospects coming in...do you think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy. They're sitting out there waiting to give you their money! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it?
    Whats the problem pal, you, Moss.

Moss: You're such a hero, you're so rich, how come you come down here to waste your time with such a bunch of bums?

Blake: You see this watch?........You see this watch?

Moss: Yeah..

Blake: That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year how much you make? You see pal, thats who I am, and you're nothing..... Nice guy? I don't give a ****! Good father? FCK YOU GO HOME AND PLAY WITH YOUR KIDS......You wanna work here, CLOSE!

Ok, I'll stop there. Sorry for the profanity.

I just bought it on DVD, a true underappreciated classic.

Great quote Carbon:)

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    A few good men

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Good Will Hunting

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What movie is that John - Sounds good. Is it Glen Gary Glen Ross or something like that?

8. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Yup! The acting is second to none. What a great cast:
    Baldwin, Kevin Spacey, Alan Arkin, Al Pacino, Jonathan Pryce, Ed Harris, and the late Jack Lemmon.

The DVD has some great extras....Highly recommended

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Pee Wee's Big Adventure??? If that is right then I am damn good at this game...

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Very nice - I have wanted to see this movie for years now - Not sure why I never did. I am buying the DVD - Thanks!

11. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Slag, check this out...
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JKG9/qid=1076032655//ref=pd_ka_1/002-9607746-0358428?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JKG9/qid=1076032655//ref=pd_ka_1/002-9607746-0358428?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Also, have any comments to add to my thread? :http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7685

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    "Bring a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out and then bring one every 10 minutes."

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    NO RESPECT!

Back to school

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The kid from ET is Henry Thomas aka Samuel in Legends of the Fall. Is the movie The Quest?

"Forever turned out to be too long."

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    But when I am alone in the half light of the canyon all existence seems to fade to a being with my soul and memories. And the sounds of the Big Black Foot River and a four count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise. Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.

17. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    I got a few...

"You just f**ked up your ferrari!"

"Its only a game focker!"

"I'm very angry Ralph. You know you can bond with my wife if you she wants you to, you can sit around in her x husband's bullistic bullsh*t house if you want to. But you do not get.. to...watch...my... f**king television set!"

18. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The Rock

Meet the Parents

??????

19. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    "It aint cool to be a jive turkey so close to Thanksgiving!"
    "YEAH!"

One of my all time favorite movies by far.

20. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    QUOTE : "I'm very angry Ralph. You know you can bond with my wife if you she wants you to, you can sit around in her x husband's bullistic bullsh*t house if you want to. But you do not get.. to...watch...my... f**king television set!"

Al Pacino in the movie Heat of course! If ever there was a movie with a ton of quotable quotes in it......well second to Glengary Glenn Ross.....

21. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    John, I'll give you another clue

"cause shes got a greeeeat ass! and you got your head all the way up!! Furocious ain't I? When I think of a woman's ass, something comes out of me."

(sorry if there is some misspelling, I am a terrible speller.)

22. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Aww, Agent S. beat you to it. Good job AgentS. That was a great movie.

23. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    "Gentlemen this is school is about combat, there are no points for second place."

24. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    F355 guy - that HAS to be Top Gun :)

25. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Another quote from the same movie

"There's nothing finer than being behind the wheel of your own automoblie except maybe for p**sy"