Forza Motorsport 4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsport 4

Discussion in 'Technology' started by PSTexas, Jun 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Funny, but I had that same "ho-hum" first impression, but after giving it a second look I also came away thoroughly impressed.

2. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    im glad i got my limited colectors edition. went to gamestop, they were sold out, went to walmart sold out, target sold out, then finally best buy they had it. i went on there website today and they took off the limited edition. good thing i didnt wait till the release.

3. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Uh oh...just checked the status on my Collector's Edition and it shows "backordered". I ordered it in July.

Anybody know if they are having problems producing this, or if it's just backordered because it hasn't released yet?

4. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    thats just ridiculous. how did u check the status? i better be able to pick mine up on launch day or else im going to be pissed!

5. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have called every Gamestop in a 30 minute radius and none are having a midnight release, I'm praying that Wal Mart will have a collectors edition.

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I ordered through Gamestop. I checked on the status and it read "backordered"...

7. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    wow. it mustve been pretty limited. im glad i ordered through best buy. i would rather have the 1 series bmw than the alfa. i hope best buy will have it ready for release day. i do videos on youtube of gaming and cars and i need to get the footage up asap.

8. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Indeed, is it just me or does the zonda cinque understeer a **** load? I think thats what put me off cause I would have thought it would just dart from corner to corner and so I thought ever car would understeer. But then I go used to it and drove all the others and completely changed my mind.

9. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think a lot of it is just getting used to the new physics, once we sit down and play for awhile I think (hope) it will be great.

10. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate

Hopefully you didn't order it online through Best Buy. Yesterday they sent out emails cancelling all the orders of the Limited Collectors Edition.

11. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    no way. i would never buy a game online. it would get screwed up in the mail. i dont trust those people. i ordered my lce in store at best buy. i hope that they dont cancel in store pre orders as well. they better have mine ready for me to get it on tuesday morning.

12. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Just paid off my LCE and my gamestop is doing a midnight release!!!!!! I don't have any classes on tuesday so I'll be playing from midnight until tuesday night. :D

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'm starting to wonder if maybe this item isn't being produced. I can't find anything on it post-June 27th.

Would suck if they don't give us any head's up and we miss the launch date. Hopefully they send the regular bonus if production has been canceled.

14. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What do you mean, like not producing the LCE?

15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Yes. There is very little write-up on it on the internet and most retailers don't even list it as an item (i.e. it's been removed)

16. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    #67 vettesrule76, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    ive been reading about people who pre ordered online from best buy like in july and august and they are getting emails saying that their order has been cancelled. booo best buy!! glad i pre ordered mine in-store. on amazon and ebay the LCE has been going for $150+!!!

17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I'm still not convinced the LCE actually exists. I think they announced they would make it but I don't think that it is an actual option anymore. I'm guessing that we will receive the game plus season pass versus the LCE package. There is NOTHING on it post June 27th.

I'd love to be wrong on this, but I just have a feeling that I'm not...

18. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMIBzy6errg[/ame]

It's just that the limited collectors edition is well limited this time around, not sure why you'd think Microsoft would lie to everyone about a product.

19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Not so much a lie, I just feared that they planned for something and changed plans mid way through.

This gives me hope that I am wrong. Mine was ordered back in July, but I saw that "backordered" status on EBGames and assumed that Microsoft is playing games.

20. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Here's a video that shows the car options you can get for levelling up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LYPEnC1880[/ame]

I'm stuck on quite a few of them, just wouldn't know what to pick.

21. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm getting so excited only 6 hours 18 minutes to go!!!!!!

22. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    i cant decide for any of those cars!!! lol. im going to be doing a forza 4: road to driver level 50 on my youtube channel. if anyone likes to watch people play games on youtube. my youtube is: youtube.com/nascarfan78 -- i know it says nascar... lol i made this account back in 2006 when i loved nascar, not so much anymore. rally racing is my kind of racing.

23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Well, I do stand corrected now. I just received my LCE delivery notification for tomorrow! Sweet!

24. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Gamestop screwed me over, I waited up until Midnight and went to the store and there was no one there, all the shades were down and the lights off.