Forza Motorsport 4 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsport 4

Discussion in 'Technology' started by PSTexas, Jun 6, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. superbike81

superbike81 Karting

Sep 15, 2011
    I got mine, really like it so far, but I need a steering wheel bad. I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade my old Driving Force GT. The new Fanatec CSR, while expensive (around $400 before shipping with the elite pedals) will work with the 360, PS3, and PC, so I'd be able to use it for all systems finally, even though I don't have a PS3. I'll be ordering it as soon as they tell me if they can ship it to military overseas or not.

As for the game, it's obviously not a complete sim, but I think that's a good thing for most people. For now with the controller I've got it set to "Hard" but I'll go to simulation once I get the wheel and pedals.

2. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    Loading disc two. Cant wait to dive into this game.

3. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #78 4re Nut, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hope you guys enjoy the game, I have to wait until friday.... Stupid UK release date!! :(

5. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This game is fantastic! I can't put it down. The dynamic difficulty is really nice, don't expect to come in first every time.

6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That sucks; we'll pickup my son's copy when he gets home from school. I'll play while he does homework...it'll hurt me more than it hurts him...not. :D

7. superbike81

superbike81 Karting

Sep 15, 2011
    Ordered my Fanatec CSR + Elite Pedals.

Hopefully they'll be here in a week.

Until then, I hate playing racing games with a game pad, but I guess I'll manage.

8. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Got the Veyron Super Sport up to 265 at Le Sarthe, the sense of speed is incredible.

9. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I had pre ordered mine. BB wasn't open @ midnight; so I went over there while running errands @ work and on my lunch break, turned in my pre-order, and claimed a LCE as my own. Is the MSRP $79.99 game the top level available? Or was there one that was more that included DLC?

10. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Haha, I bet.

Pics?!?!

11. Dewstain

Dewstain Rookie

Oct 6, 2011
    Boiling Springs, PA
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Ugg...this day is killing me. I picked up my Limited Edition at 10:30, but I can't play it until after work...

12. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    I've got plans tonight, so I can't even play it until....?? Actually, I'm not certain when! Maybe wednesday evening, and maybe not til Friday.

13. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I ordered the Limited Edition and made sure to do all the things in FM3 before even putting the disk in for FM4. I will likely not even getting around to playing it anytime this week.

14. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    is there a FM4 bonus if certain things are done in FM3?

15. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yep

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

16. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Picked up my LCE first thing this morning. Drove home to discover that all of our controllers have been left at daughter's boyfriend's apartment. Arrrgh!

17. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #92 4REphotographer, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. vettesrule76

vettesrule76 Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    holy balls!!! picked mine up this morning. didnt get to play it until 3:00PM here in CO cuz of school. everything is perfect. my favorite car so far that i have is the toyota MR2. that is a fun little car! there were only three LCE's at the bestbuy where i got mine. top gear book is sweet!

19. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Initial impressions:

- Car control is much better than Forza 3 and are is improved over GT5. My ultimate comparison track is always Nordschleife. In the other two games, the high-speed curves always felt twitchy and very easy to end up in the armco. The twitchiness is gone in Forza 4 so you can take a high-speed sweeper without jerky steering input. That's a HUGE plus in my book

- Graphics are not that much better than F3. Actually, graphics on some tracks (like Maple Valley) are not that much better and still have that "cartoonish" look. The real world tracks look much closer to photorealism. Add that with predictable car controls and you have almost the perfect sim. The only missing element would be...

- Sound- One word "amazing"

The game feels very accessible for non-petrolheads, but suffice to say that anyone on here would be best served jumping immediately into "hard" or "simulation" mode. Actually, probably simulation as that's probably more real-world.

In all, this is like iPhone 4.5 at this point...definitely an improvement over the last one, but not quite the quantum leap. I think if it looked more like F1 2011, it might be the perfect game. That said, I still look forward to much enjoyment with Forza 4. The extras give you a well-wrapped entertaining race game. This is just first-impressions after playing for an hour...who knows how much more I will discover after more time with it.

20. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It looks beautiful, how does it handle? I remember the normal veyron was a pig in the corners in fm3. And you couldn't get to the top speed.

21. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Not bad, handling is better than the Veyron, as it should be, but I won't be racing it anytime soon except at the dragstrip.

22. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    i already bought the bugatti eb110. i wanted to test that car out. its ok. not great, just ok..

23. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
  24. vettesrule76

Jun 12, 2011
    Full Name:
    Brad
    enjoy it dude! its so fun. i feel like getting money is too easy, but a good thing. lets u buy some sweet cars

25. dudegotskills

dudegotskills Karting

Feb 11, 2011
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Xander
    Oh man, played it for the first time with the actual game, not the demo. It is really good! The Zonda Cinque is simply unreal. The SOUND is incredible. Also, try out the Ferrari 333SP. The SOUND is just beautiful. It really is a fun game.