Forza Motorsport 6 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Forza Motorsport 6

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Str8shooter, Feb 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    The graphics are looking incredible. I played though most all of Forza 5... the championships got tedious and boring after a while though... I grinded out victories for all the car-classes I liked, didn't bother with the others.

Unless you have a full racing-sim set up in your house with chair, peddles, wheel, etc... the "circuits" just get too boring after a while. As I said above, I think the open-world like Horizon 1 & 2 make for a much better video game.

My perfect game would be some combination of a massive real-city/world feel like GTA 5 with helis/jets/boats in addition to cars, but the cars are real brand licenses have the driving physics of Horizon 2, with the ability to mod-up your character like Deus Ex or Arkham Knight, and the ability to build your own base with a Minecraft or The Sims type builder... and a multi-player with the ability to try and attack the bases that others have built within the world.

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    You will find that car manufacturers don't like cars being blown up or crashed so having a GTA style world with licensed cars would be difficult to make. Tho I'm sure with GTA5 mods that are in the process of adding real world cars.

Anyway back to FM6. Great game, the AI has been improved for lots of fun and challenging races. Lots of small improvements over FM5. It has wheelspin from Horizons so you constantly getting money/gift cars every time you level up.

Still not sure about the "mods" booster packs. You need to constantly buy new packs with in game credits for small gains I'm sure most people are going to stop bothering after awhile.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Top tip: if you want to set a fast lap time on free play for the leaderboards, disable the mods since they will cause your time to be invalid. After finding that out I moved up to number 4 on one of the leaderboards :D

4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Game is officially out today. Hopefully they put out a patch to fix the AI.

Every time I race on Daytona I think of this tune :eek:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkAVmBVmVE[/ame]

5. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate

I turned the aggressive AI off and they helped a lot.

6. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Pastor kept crashing :p

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-CFLCeclc[/ame]

7. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    No no no, he got bored because there weren't any others cars to hit :D

I'll have to try out that rivals challenge a bit later. I noticed that both of their laps weren't clean.

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas

10. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    First car pack came out today.

I will say it's got some variety :D

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHcP4F96X-8[/ame]

11. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    More DLC out today.

Forza 6 is building quite a car list :)

I wish the sound design was more like the way they did it in Project Cars.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBPixWf7xFA[/ame]

12. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    #37 Str8shooter, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    They've also added a content update which includes the audio adjustment I was hoping for and a free car which is the GTR LM Nismo

Update notes:

CARS

· Fixed an issue where pop-up headlights on equipped cars would inadvertently engage automatically in Forzavista. In addition, fixed an issue where headlights pins in Forzavista would not function correctly for cars with pop-up headlights.

· Fixed an issue where electric cars did not burn battery with Fuel/Tire Wear Difficulty set to “simulation”

· Various fixes and improvements on a number of cars in the game

TRACKS

· LIME ROCK – Fixed an issue where cars entering the pits at high speeds would not have damage fixed during the pit stop

· NÜRBURGRING – Fixed an issue where cars could leave the environment after colliding with a barrier on the first turn of the Nürburgring + GP ribbon

AUDIO

· Corrected/updated engine audio on a number of cars in the game

· We’ve made some changes in the various available audio mix presets in the game. For example, the “Headphones” setting has been adjusted to make the player’s car more audible in the mix. This mix will work with all playback devices and is recommended for those who prefer to have their car audio more prevalent in the mix.

MULTIPLAYER

· Server enhancements to improve matchmaking performance. These enhancements should result in improved multiplayer connections, especially for the small population of Forza 6 players who were previously having trouble connecting to multiplayer in the game.

· We’ve made a change to address an issue where players could hold a multiplayer lobby open for an indefinite amount of time by not finishing a race. As a result of this change, players can no longer sit idle in League races and accrue points. In addition, players who are inactive for a certain period of time in a race will be removed.

· Fixed an issue where lobby hosts in an Xbox Live party would inadvertently stop waiting for players in his/her party after matching into a public lobby game, backing out, and then making a private multiplayer game

· Fixed an issue where MP lobbies with roll-off delay were preventing the rear view mirror from appearing for players

MODS

· Non-performance enhancing Mods will not set dirty lap times

· Using a Mod that forces sim damage on in a race will now result in Drivatar cars also taking sim damage

· Crew Chief Mods can no longer be sold

LIVERY/TUNING

· Fixed an issue where players could unlock and share locked liveries by altering the livery in ForzaVista and then entering the Test Drive section of the game

· Fixed an issue where tunes were inadvertently prevented from being shared due to language filter bug

MISCELLANEOUS

· Fixed an issue in replays, where telemetry for Drivatar cars was showing “stock,” even if the car was upgraded

· Fixed an issue where Drivatars would be duplicated in a multiplayer lobby
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Nice car pack this month :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7VtjsH9mP8[/ame]

14. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Finally the Porsche expansion pack will be out today. ( must have latest update to unlock the expansion pack )

Still no 917 but lots better than nothing.

They've also included 7 variations of VIR with night and wet conditions.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6ynmEnLFg[/ame]

15. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    It was also announced Forza 6 : Apex for Windows 10 is coming soon for the PC

"Arriving on the Windows Store this spring and available for free, “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” is a powerful demonstration of what the ForzaTech™ engine can do when unleashed by DirectX 12 at resolutions up to 4K. Developed by Turn 10 Studios, “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” is the first step in Microsoft’s commitment to creating amazing Forza experiences for Windows 10 PC gamers."

"The career mode is anchored by a new 12-event “Showcase Tour,” which introduces players to fascinating cars and unique automotive match-ups through a series of beautifully crafted and entertaining videos, narrated by automotive celebrities such as James May and Richard Hammond.

“Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” features a new objective and scoring system, which challenges the player to grow their skill and compare scores with their friends, and each event is a completely unique experience with unending replay value."

"In addition, a new “Spotlight Series” will feature new Showcase-style events that will be updated on a regular basis. Whether you’re barreling around rainy Brands Hatch in your all-wheel-drive street weapon of choice or chasing down The Stig from “Top Gear” in cockpit view, there are always new and fun challenges to explore.

“Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” features trademark Forza innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and a hand-picked selection of 63 fully functioning Forzavista™-enabled cars, each with working cockpits and full damage."

"Players can race those cars on 20 exciting track configurations across six locations – Brands Hatch, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Rio de Janeiro, Sebring International Raceway, Top Gear and Yas Marina – including night and wet-weather variants.

Available for free in the Windows Store this spring, “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex” paves the way for future Forza experiences on Windows 10. Stay tuned to Xbox Wire and ForzaMotorsport.net for future updates on “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex.”"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8xREfr1YuA[/ame]

16. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Apex is F2P. Not the same as free :eek:

It will be interesting to see what adjustments they make to the physics model.

17. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    The Porsche deal with EA is very annoying.... would have liked to see Porsche in all the Forza games from day 1.

Can you get Porsche's in Horizon 2 yet?

18. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Yes, Porsche was available for Horizon 2 going back to around June 2015

19. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    i am sorry if i sound totally ignorant. i have been busy and haven't done any research on forza 6. is it a few steps forward from fz 5? i am gonna have some time off and am thinking about getting it. compared to project car which one would you guys recommend?

20. Str8shooter

Str8shooter Formula 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Orlando
    Yes, Forza 6 is a few steps forward in terms of content and features.

The car list is very extensive and they've added some new cars to the Forza series like the 2016 Ford GT, Ford DP and some vintage Ferrari to name a few. Also new in 6 is every car is now available in the Forzavista mode.

They have added a few new tracks like Daytona and now have rain and night but only on a few select tracks.

As far as the driving physics go I personally think it is very close to the same however I haven't spent any time with any settings to see if I could make it better.

As I said above they just added Porsche which wasn't available in 5.

With that said, I've done a few races and started the career but seem to find myself going back to Project Cars because of the driving physics and the way the AI behaves.

Project Cars has a about 1/4 the car selection as Forza 6 and is missing some key manufactures like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. They do have a car or two from most classes and racing eras so you at least get to experience them.

The cars they do have are more fun to drive ( my opinion ) than Forza 6 and it doesn't matter if they are the same model or not. I like the sound and the way they drive.

The track selection is pretty good but missing a few key american tracks like Daytona, Sebring, Road Atlanta and Indy. They have night and weather available on all tracks and you can set how you want the weather to be. For instance you can start the race in sun then get cloudy then fog then rain. Or have sun then rain then sun again. You can start your race in the daylight and have it go into the night. It is pretty cool and after playing with that you really see how Forza is behind in that regard.

When PCs was first released it was very buggy but they have released about 9 patches since then and I see far less people complaining on the forum and more people enjoying it now.

Project Cars was recently for sale at Best Buy for only $9.95 and they just announced a " Game of the Year " edition that will have all the additional DLC. I'm not sure when that will be available.

If all the good things in Forza 6 and Project Cars could be combined we would have an epic sim. For now they each have features better than the other but neither is superior to the other. In the end it comes down to personal tastes and what you are looking for.

If I had to pick only one it would be Project Cars. I have an absolute blast with it using my race rig. I certainly don't regret buying Forza 6 and fire it up when I want to drive a Ferrari :)

21. faykau

faykau Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2013
    thanks str8shooter, that's very helpful. i bought a rather cheap rig for forza5/assetto (i haven't tried it yet) but was quite disappointed by forza 5 other than the car gallery.. looks like project car is a must have then.

i also wonder if most of the cars on forza 6 are dlc just like forza 5? i personally would like to see if cars like laferrari or p1 or that new ford gt to be in the original package.

22. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #47 SPEEDCORE, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas