Found a new television series worth watching | FerrariChat

Found a new television series worth watching

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by johnireland, Jan 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    and it is actually eight years old. It's on Amazon Prime...a Danish TV series called "Seaside Hotel." Season 1 began in 1927...and season 8 starts under Nazi occupation in 1941. A small summer vacation hotel is the setting, and it tells the stories of the people who work there and their guests. Very simple and intelligent...and a wonderful glimpse into life through those years. Amazing how people exist without smart phones and tv. And watching it, the quality of their lives seems so normal. Truly a life lesson on its own in that regard. And you also see how much people have and haven't changed. It is an easy show to binge watch...especially since there is so little that is good on. My wife and I are enjoying two episodes a night (about seven to a season). If you are looking for wonderful acting and writing...sort of a Danish Downton Abbey if you will...I think you'll find your time well spent.

stever likes this.
  2. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    My father watches nothing on American TV. He watches mystery series from various European countries. I will let him know about this series.

3. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Thanks! It's on our list following a 2nd look of Downton going on now...

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    If writing movies is a creative art, this must be where I should put this notice-- looking for a partner who is WGA- registered to partner in selling an action-thriller series about a Ferrari barn hunter...

Logical if they are already a screenwriter they'd say "Why do I need you?" The answer is I have a action thriller set in the word of collector cars already written and published. Salable now. Not tomorrow. Now. Your input would be to co-write the script--if your agent can get whoever buys the film rights option to commission that s well and to start brainstorming on follow up epiisodes if it's a streaming series. Here's a story about the book

http://www.finecars.cc/en/editorial/article/news/ferrari-hunters-a-ferrari-crime-novel-from-a-former-barn-finder/index.html

My exp. includes optioning my bio of Shelby to a film company.