FoW Track Day Summit Point | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FoW Track Day Summit Point

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 4REphotographer, Oct 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Alright I will be wearing my Fchat badge, hopefully I will remember it this time since I forgot it at the classics on the james show.

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Extended weather says rain Friday and sunny Sat and Sunday highs 72 degrees!!! Just hope the rain doesn't clean the track off to much!

Robert

3. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    I'll be there on Sat. with the M5. Looking forward to trying the new pavement. I understand from Redding the concrete patches at the inside of the corners were paved over? I guess I'll need to find new turn-in markers??? LOL
    Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Will

P.S. If the deer are such a problem there, couldn't we get a group together to "Take care of the problem"!!!
    Darron???

4. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Many years ago Barry Tillman let me take out corner workers at the end of the day in his TR. Had to lock em up hard and slide within inches of hitting one coming from the outside of three. Gathered it back up and continued on and started thinking about witch direction they were heading so I slowed way down coming out of eight and sure enough they ran right in front of me again.

I rode my quad on the ICC right of way last week and must have seen 70 to 80 deer between Emory and Bowie Mill. Park service told us at a comunity meeting the deer population is doubling in Maryland ever two years. Managed hunts don't help unless you are within .5 miles of where they are hunting so the only thing you can do to curb the growth is sacrifice the front end on your 12 cylinder. I know of two people this year on bikes that went head to head with bambi, one lost a leg and the other lost everything.

Unrelated to cars: Deer ticks sniff out where the deer travel to feed. If you don't want Lymes, don't walk where the deer walk and don't let them hang in your yard if you have kids or pets that play in the yard!

5. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why doesn't Summit Point put up a fence of some kind going around the track?

6. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Fence would need to be pretty high, at least 8 ft. Suckers can jump pretty high when they are being chased and then they would be trapped inside which would be even worse. People at NIST learned that one the hard way. Best to just give the counter terrorism people that train there live rounds or C4 to take care of the problem. Balance of nature is out of check, deer do too well in the suburbs. Park service is complaining about the loss of several species that live in the low brush.

7. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Great Idea...I'm a fence contractor!!!!

It's true they would need to install an 8' high fence, minimum.
    It would be quite costly to do a major improvement like that.

8. 4re4me

4re4me Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2006
    Wickenburg, AZ
    Full Name:
    Barbara
    possibility I may drive in with the white 328 on Sunday. I'm attending the Rockville car show on Saturday. Everyone be safe out there

Barbara

9. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Does anyone know the time table of events? When does the first group head out? I won't know until tomorrow if I can go or not. I'm just going to spectate and take pictures.

Bill

10. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Red group usually goes first and they hit the track around 9:30 am. Lunch break around noon to 1 and then we go until 5pm roughly. Each session is 20 minutes. Hope this helps, I used to always come up and watch before I started tracking, lots of people to talk with and great cars to see.

Robert

11. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That is all I am going for. I haven't seen a Ferrari really driving since my old neighbor gave me a ride.

12. Rob in Potomac

Rob in Potomac Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Potomac, MD
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Four groups running this weekend, probably two blue - as very large turnout. In fact, Redding had to turn away some folk. Will be interesting, as everyone I have spoken to who has driven repaved track is extemely pleased. Redding has notes (taken by Elizabeth) that he plans on distributing. Look forward to a great weekend.

Rob in Potomac

13. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Will probably drive up early Saturday morning for the day in F360 up Rte 32 from Annapolis to I-70

14. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    Do you want to meet up with me Amy and Bst 1 and caravan down?

15. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Beast and BST - What time and where are you guys meeting up? I was going to drive out for some serious spectating.

CC

16. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    See how the weather holds out. supposed to be serious rain today (finally!) and stop in am.

17. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    I plan to leave Annapolis ~7am....is there a good time/place to meet on I-70?

18. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    Okay, Amy and I would happily meet anyone who would like to join us for the ride, however we won't be leaving until 9:15 from the Dunkin Donuts parking lot at Route 75N (Hyattstown exit #62 off I-70)

19. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I will be leaving around 8 tomorrow morning from Fredericksburg, I hope to meet a lot of you guys there.

20. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Yeah, 7 too early. 9:15 more like it.

21. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    The 9:15 does sound better to me as well. I will confirm metting you guys there later this evening.

CC

22. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    are early morning risers :)) Guess not! See you at the track Amy, Nathan, et al...I'll probably stop enroute at WalMart in Charlestown to grab a sandwich and drinks for lunch

23. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    not on purpose my friend.... :)

24. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia