FP Journe vs Patek | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FP Journe vs Patek

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by IloveGT, Jun 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Zenith made movements foe a lot of brands.

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #27 IloveGT, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    I have visited the LA boutique today with my son and had a great time meeting with Aren. He spent much time introducing us to the brand, its products and particularly the movements. I am thoroughly impressed by his professionalism and hospitality. Vacheron flagship boutique's Ron and Leo come second and Patek the third.

Unfortunately you are right, no new watch available for sale at all! The list is years long! I am interested in both Octa Lune and the Chronometre Bleu. Should I just get myself onto the list and see what happens? Maybe being offered a spot onto the list is already a huge thing?

My experience with watches and cars are that there is never a "list" per se, it's all about how much they value you based on various factors of which the combination of buying power and buying frequency/consistency is a crucial one.

Sigh, Patek game all over again, seems like.

Hope to hear that I am wrong with FP Journe.

3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Yes. I may add that our perception of values for Zenith and Jaeger are allowing us to purchase these amazing manufacturer pieces at much better prices than if we were to buy in Europe. Granted Zenith has some rocky past but its El Primero is very well respected, though some argue it's still not the first automatic chronograph.

Hawkeye and SoCal to az like this.
  4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I used to own a zenith. Loved that piece. I also like JLC and has be a respect for many brands. However over the years I’ve isolated my collection to strictly Patek (except for a Rolex I just bought and an IWC given to me by my father which I will never sell) cause financially my Pateks have all gone up in value except my other brands I’ve lost money on.

Not that I buy watches as an investment but knowing that a 5968 that I paid 40k for is worth 120 doesn’t hurt.

IloveGT likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Although I’m tempted to buy a Mille. Never had that thought before.....

6. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    Many of the mid-20th century chronograph movements for Swiss watches were supplied by Venus, Landeron, Zenith, and Valjoux. Additionally a specific and well-deserved reputation goes to Universal Geneve. In later times the ETA conglomerate has supplied movements and with increased competition and consolidation of the luxury market under the 5 or so major Swiss houses a lot of companies/trade names now have developed their own chronograph movements.

7. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #32 IloveGT, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    Agreed. I think Richmont now has their own movement development lab providing movement for their own brands including VC.

8. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    Did the boutique mention anything about servicing a Journe? I know it's probably not high on the conversation list - I'd assume they get sent back to the factory. As someone who works on watches I'd be really nervous with scratching the 18K gold plates on one of their models for one thing. It will take special tweezers (probably carbon as wood-tipped are really clunky) to manipulate without scratching. There's a reason most companies use Rhodium-plated nickel or steel....I dare them to make a nickel-plated gold part! *laugh*

9. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I actually did ask. They don't have the inhouse service watchmaker like VC on Rodeo Drive does, as Miami is the one that is flagship. They mentioned that they will either send it in to Miami or back to Geneva...

QtrItalian likes this.