Frats! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Frats!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LMP234, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    They are balanced man. And thanks for the welcome.

2. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    So are we. Hmmm, two similar interests, Sigep, and Ferrari.

3. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    They were called "Sigma Phi Hairsalon" at my school..... I'm sure you can guess why ;)

Of coarse every school is different and fraternities change all the time. We visited many other schools were the TKE chapters were downright frightening!

My wife was a Gamma Phi Beta. Everyone called them "Jamma Vi Brator". Dont you just love greek?

Terry

4. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Hmmm, gay Sigep? We call the sorority, Delta Zeta, EZ DZ. You should understand.

5. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I've made a few great decisions in my life. Recently buying a Ferrari was one and another was pledging Kappa Alpha Order 20 years ago. Not only was it the best part of my college experience it continues to be a valuable part of my professional work life.

I served as social chairman and put on some fan freakin tastic parties. Big name bands, the Budweiser 18 wheeler truck beer dispenser, sorrority exchanges, after game parties, themed parties and rush.

To this day, I can walk into any large group of people anywhere in the country and instantly recognize my brothers. There is a strong common bond. I highly recommend it. It's opened many doors for me.

Any other KA's on this board???

6. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Not a KA but KA was founded at my school in 1825 and was the first american fraternity. the chapter is now deceased, but there is still a box of 180 years worth of keys sitting in the basement of one of the administration building.

god to see there are a lot of SigEps. Thats one of the other fraternities my house is considering recolonizing as. I wish i could stay a FIJI (technically im not even one, as my house dissociated from national in 2000, even though we keep all the same traditions, our composites even have the fiji seal on them) but with all the worries about liability the school is forcing us to do something to gain broader insurance coverage. This is a hard task, you try and find a company willing to underwrite a policy for 35 males ages 19-22. see how many exclusions and appendixes there will be in that policy...

7. BlackOnBlack346

Dec 28, 2003
    TimN88, you goto W and L?

KA was kicked off of our campus years ago. From pure speculation, I heard that for Halloween, they decorated their front lawn with loads and loads of cotton, and then spread candy out all over it. They then invited low income minority kids to "pick" the candy out while the bro's sat back on the porch laughing and drinking. Pretty screwed up, and I don't doubt it as the KAs here at my college are quite racist. They are still quite large though, pretty decent for offcampus. Oh, and SigEp is huge here....mother alpha chapter with like 120 bros. They don't even pledge anymore! You just sign up and are essentially in.

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Leon,
    This is wonderful news! I didn't mention it before, but I too, am a "brother" of Sigma Phi Epsilon. I was also on the local Alum board for several years. You will find this a terrific opportunity to enhance your college experience, both socially and academically. More importantly, I cherish the life-long friendships I have developed. Great to hear they are "balanced man" chapter. Here in Seattle, "WA Beta" at the University of Washington (my chapter) has recently committed to becoming a "balanced man" chapter....a terrific goal.

9. LMP234

LMP234 Formula 3

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    Its great to hear from all the fellow Sig Ep's here. I know I picked the right fraternity for me, and its cool to hear that many of you chose the same one during your college careers!