French police contact? | FerrariChat

French police contact?

Discussion in 'France' started by JohnMH, Aug 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    A car has been registered in France using the serial number of one of my cars. This has caused issues for me trying to register my car in Italy. Italian police have thoroughly investigated my car and found no evidence of fraud, serial number tampering, etc. and have returned my car to me, as it is genuine. Still, so long as the French car bears that serial number in the system, I cannot register my car in Italy.

It was suggested that I make a formal police complaint in France. Any suggestions how that is done? I realize I may need a French lawyer.

Kind regards to all.

2. FrancoisP

FrancoisP Rookie

Oct 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Francois Pierre
    #2 FrancoisP, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2021
    My go-to strategy is always to pick up the phone and call the police directly. You don't necessarily have to mention specific details, but instead as a few "hypothetical" questions. From there on it should hopefully be more clear as to what you need to do.
    I hope that helps.

Best,
    Francois,

3. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    You can directly ask them if you click on "tchat de la Police nationale"

Here is the link:
    https://www.police-nationale.interieur.gouv.fr/Menu-accessibilite/Nous-contacter

Hope your problem will be fast solved !! ;)