French Quarter Classic, postponed now? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

French Quarter Classic, postponed now?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by cmparrenzo, Aug 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariwalla355

Sep 4, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Lets worry first about the well-being of all our friends in New Orleans
    including Franco's and John's. Frankly, it is hard to get news on anyone
    or anything in that city so I hope that if anyone who knows anything
    about our friends would post news on this Forum.

2. Joe Moch

Joe Moch Rookie

Nov 16, 2004
    Hey there!

I have not read through all of the threads yet, as I just wanted to get to my computer to post what I DO know as far as FQC, John, Franco and their families are concerned. Received a message from Charlie Thomas (wonderful guy who helped coordinate last year's FQC, New Orleans native and friend to John and Franco) yesterday and he said "Everyone is fine & alive". He had many calls to make and of course did not say about the property damage, but at least they are safe. If there would have been something to report, Charlie would have let us know.

Obviously the devistation is horrible, but at least we have some news of some of our friends and family. CNN has a list on the website of names of people who can't contact anyone yet, but have gotten through to them and want us to know they are alive...ya'll can check there, too.

Tracey is heading down (we live in Michigan) with the Red Cross next week; all of the area is in all of our thoughts and prayers. We will do what we can to help.

Best,
    Joe Moch and Tracey Walker

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    John Houghtaling, Franco, Jim Spiro and Richard Thompson are all fine... i spoke to Richard earlier; he sounded exhausted, but and a bunch of others were under the very generous hospitality of a club member in Baton Rouge... Someone tried to steal Richard's jeep (while he was driving!), but he's still got it and everyone seems relatively okay...

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Fantastic! We had no clue about Spiro or Houghtaling. Glad more and more people are being accounted for.

5. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    #30 richard, Sep 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am with Jim now at a Starbucks in Baton Rouge. Everyone is fine. Thanks for the concern from everyone who was worried. Franco, Nancy, Max, and Sinclair are all okay. Brett and Craig were out of town. I have heard John H. is in FL but cannot confirm. That is all I know right now about club guys I can think of off the top of my head. I hope you al are well.

PS. Here are a few photos I took while I was "in the sh*t" earlier this week. Some are from downtown, most are from uptown where I (used to) reside.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    #31 richard, Sep 1, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes

Glad to hear all of those guys are OK.

I hope to see them soon, If you talk to Franco...tell him Wes and Freddy are glad he's ok, and that everyone from San Antonio is with him in our thoughts and prayes.

8. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    If anyone talks to John or Franco tell them I need to talk to them, it is important... They should have my number.

Thanks,

Chris

9. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Give me an address or a GPS location and I will bring a chainsaw and go to town!!

God Bless all...

-A

10. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Its looks like a jungle down there. Well at least you still have SOME structures standing. Here in biloxi practically everything is flatended.