From forum stalker to Ferrari owner | FerrariChat

From forum stalker to Ferrari owner

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by AD211, Oct 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thank you all for your valuable content and advice on the California! I too have scoured all 65 pages of this model discussion and after 3 months have purchased a 2010 Nero/Nero model with 14k miles.

After reading this forum I decided to do the following to the car prior to taking delivery:

Upgraded the stereo to the new Pioneer Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login AVIC-8200NEX

Installed the K40 RL360i

Installed 35% window tint

Replaced the floor mats with nicksforzaferrari custom mats

Installed a Scrape Armor protection plate under the front bumper (suggested by dealer for 2500, my guy did it for 500)

Had the Ferrari inspection with repairs done (engine mounts, belts, annual service items) and bought the New Power Warranty.

And bought a car cover (garage kept) from Walmart!

Now I just need to figure out this battery tender thing since the vehicle didn’t come with one.

I look forward to picking up a Portofino after 7 years or so! Someone order a black one for me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

good2go likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dang, Andy! That is a pretty Cali. They look great in nero. Now, get out on the highway and put that new radar detector to good use!
    T

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Very nice combo, I really like the red accents to the NERO. Nice photos too! Of course, you do know it's possible to also black out the corner side markers and the little FIAT turn indicator below the shields.

BTW, how much did it cost to upgrade the infotainment system with the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX? Did it take a lot of labour? How do you like it?

4. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I didn’t have the price broken out but I paid $5k for the stereo and install, window tint, Scrape Armor install, and the K40 system and install. The stereo was tricky for the installer who does a lot of similar installs but after a few calls and extra parts it was complete. If you go this route I’ll get the contact info for you on who he talked to that made it happen. The maps, phone integration, back up camera, Apple CarPlay, etc are top notch.

5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for the offer but I have a feeling if I use your installer it will involve a very long drive... I live in the Toronto area! BTW, $5K total is a very good deal on all those upgrades. You're on a roll. ;)

6. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Hopefully I’m done spending for a while. It was a tricky upgrade but he talked to the service guy at Ferrari of FLL which was related to the original f chat post I saw on the Pioneer and that guy connected him with a guy in NY. Those two guys, an interface from Italy and some other part made it all integrate perfectly. If you decide to go down this route I’ll ask him who, what, etc made it come together which should help your installer. Apparently this upgrade is rare thus far.

7. Wheelb

Wheelb Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 17, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Wheels Boutique
    Congratulations Andy!

When you're ready for your next round of upgrades give me a shout and I'll take care of you. Enjoy her in good health.

Image Unavailable, Please Login