Front hood release 1988 testarossa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Front hood release 1988 testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sonfield, Jul 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sonfield

sonfield Karting

Jul 17, 2008
    Florence, SC
    Thanks I’m gonna try it won’t get to it till Sunday I’ll let you know

2. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    1. assuming the cable from the wire nut to the left of my white arrow is intact do the following. take a folded bath towel and stick it between the fender and the hood moving toward the front of the car, raising the hood as wide as possible without bending it. Next, get a wire coat hanger and make a hook in one end, carefully trim so as not to scratch paint. Hopefully you can see the nut to the left of my arrow. with the hook pointing down try to grab grab the bracket on the right side of the nut. Now pull firmly toward yourself at a 90 degree angle to the car. If the cable is intact, the passenger latch should pop!

Attached Files:

3. sonfield

sonfield Karting

Jul 17, 2008
    Florence, SC
    No luck sending to mechanic Monday

4. sonfield

sonfield Karting

Jul 17, 2008
    Florence, SC
    Of course I’m just a novice novice novice. Anybody know how they’re going to get this open. It’s just gonna cost me an arm and a leg. I wonder how they’re going to approach opening this thing maybe they have a tool or something that I can’t figure out. Maybe rifle driver knows.

5. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Formula Junior

May 10, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Mechanic will do what was suggested above and try to reach under drivers corner of hood with a tool to pull on latch lever, cable, nut, etc. Should not be that difficult unless cable is broken.

6. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Formula Junior

May 10, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Mechanic will do what was suggested above by others and try to reach under hood with a tool to pull on latch lever, cable, nut,..etc. More specifically if you look at the photo Steve sent, the LH main and emergency cables are attached to a lever (black) with two nuts. If you hook that latch lever with tool near or between the two nuts and pull toward the rear of car, the lever will pull on the RH cable and open latch.

7. sonfield

sonfield Karting

Jul 17, 2008
    Florence, SC
    I appreciate everyone I just was too nervous that I would damage the hood or bend it. I’m gonna leave it to the professionals

xplodee likes this.
  8. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I can sympathize with that, its always stressful especially with a new car. Let us know how it goes! Make sure they run the emergency cable for you too so that you don't have this issue anymore.