Front License Plate Holes - How to fix | FerrariChat

Front License Plate Holes - How to fix

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Arbitrage123, Nov 3, 2022.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arbitrage123

Arbitrage123 Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    New York / Virginia
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Just got my F12 this week. The dealer removed the front license plate mount and unfortunately there are three holes from the bracket. They put white plastic plugs in which don't look great (see pictures).

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to fill these or what to use to fix? Maybe something that can take touch up paint. Luckily they are low so not super noticeable unless pointed out. Thanks

-B
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Damn that sucks

I will never understand how someone puts holes in a bumper for this on any car much less a Ferrari, particularly one this nice, find another plate solution!

Sorry, don't know how to address

cgt000 likes this.
  3. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Most hardware stores sell this type of nylon plug, but in black.

Which is still not ideal, but black looks far, far better than does white,

4. rosemeyer

rosemeyer Karting

Aug 13, 2010
    Brandon,

These folks might be able to provide a solution (www.bumperplugs.com). Still a plug, but the colour match should make the fix much less evident. For future reference, this long-term F-Chat sponsor (www.carbonio.com) offers a first-rate no drill solution that has received excellent reviews here on the forums.

Best Regards,
    Paul

V4NG0 likes this.
  5. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    i got my car out of Illinois. Front plate required state. After PPI, i had shop remove the bumper, fill the holes (some moron put 6 holes in my bumper for the bracket) and reshoot. Not ideal, but the correct way to handle. I would be surprised that any body couldn't fix this somewhat inexpensively...GL

lagunacc likes this.
  6. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    cheapest solution - get the smallest flush mount fasteners that cover the holes and color match them with touch up paint.

the "bumper plugs" will be worse than what you have now since they're bigger. Color matching the plugs you have in there now would look better.

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That is very unfortunate. Make the dealer pay for the repair. Heartless.

8. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    not that bad. the backup camera sensors are basically bumper plugs that have a function.

9. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, but they are back up camera sensors. Lol. Holes left for no reason is no way to sell a car by a “high end” dealer.