Front Lift | FerrariChat

Front Lift

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by wings, May 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a 2017 F12 does anyone know how the front end suspension lift is powered? Is it all hydraulic, electric/hydraulic, or some other way. Cannot seem to get a definitive answer. Thanks.

2. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    i think its hydraulic with oil being used as fluid. i'm not 100% sure but why do you need such info. maybe i can help

3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's the description of the F12 lift system. " The F12 Berlinetta has a front axle Superlift system - a system of hydraulic actuators driven pump powered by an electric motor and controlled by an electronic control unit making it possible to easily raise the vehicle and ride on uneven surface". As shown in the picture the system acts on the front shock absorbers.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Thanks very much. I hope it is reliable. I have an all pneumatic system on my Huracan. First time I did not have all hydraulics. In the old days hydraulic lift systems were problematic. Leaks, plain failures,etc. Today they are more reliable however this is my first Ferrari with a lift system so I was curious as to how they worked. Also it is not a standard item. The option charge is North of $5000. Seems like a lot of cars do not have it. I needed it for a particular driveway that I have.

5. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I have the lift system on my F12 and I can say it works very well. I only use it in special circumstances because the car height is more than enough to cope with most of the ramps, bumps etc.

6. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    That's exactly what I do. Use it only when really necessary. Thanks!

MDEL likes this.
  7. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    It can be a life saver. I've got it on my FF. It also means you have the active headlights too

8. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I have the lift system and I use it quite often. However, in almost all cases I think I could get away with it by being more careful, taking an angle etc. I do currently have this option on my superfast order as well, I think it's a good thing to have.

MedinaCustomClassics likes this.
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Have on my FF and F12. Lifesaver in some circumstances. Never want to hear that scraping noise ever again.
    It takes the parking uncertainty away when going someone I haven’t been.
    ScottS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Currently shopping F12s - where is the dash control for the suspension lift? Most "used" listings don't state whether or not suspension lift is included and I haven't managed to spot it yet on any interior pics.

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Owners manual shows a small button near one of the central air vents - probably sort of behind the steering wheel

BruceC likes this.
  12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #12 Wheels1, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    I don't think you will be able to see it in most photos as it is hard to see.
    What might help is, the front lift had to come with the Adaptive Frontlight System so if the add says it has this then it may have the lift.
    The Adaptive Frontlight System became standard in the UK in 2016 but not sure if this is the same in the USA so it will not always be the case. Top button on the right, this is on a RHD car though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

BruceC likes this.
  13. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Grazie greyboxer & Wheels1! Very helpful. So frustrating to see tonnes of adverts that display extensive lists of unimportant technical details (e.g. disk brakes, ABS, etc) and don't bother to mention significant options. You would hope that exotic car dealers would be a little more knowledgeable.