Front Upper Wishbone Bushing 400GT | FerrariChat

Front Upper Wishbone Bushing 400GT

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Arvid, Dec 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi,

Is there an easier replacement bushing for these front upper wishbone bushings ? Mine needs to be changed for upcoming season. Thought I might check with you guys if there exists an easier solution before ordering the many different original bits and pieces needed.

Regards,
    Arvid

2. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Arvid,

These are DU bushes and are readily obtained from a bearing supplier - they are very cheap. I don't have an alternative for the rubber seals, as such, but you can use ordinary "o" rings instead. Care is needed when pressing the bushes in and out as the faces are quite soft. I use a piece of stepped aluminium bar in a press.

The part no's are;

Front Upper Inner
    Thrust - 22mm I.D., 38mm O.D. - PAW 22 P20 (2 per wishbone)
    Bearing - 20mm I.D., 23mm O.D., 20mm long - PAP 2015 P20 (2 per wishbone)
    Bearing - 20mm I.D., 23mm O.D., 15mm long - PAP2020 P15 (2 per wishbone)
    (1 x 20mm long bush plus 1 x 15mm long bush in each arm)

The expensive part is the inner sleeve (if it is damaged). It is not a difficult job for a machine shop to make these if you want to compare the price to genuine.

I will email you the spreadsheet with the listings for the rear 365 & 400 bushes.

Regards

WM

3. larryg

larryg Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Larryg
  4. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Thank You Bill,this was very helpful. I think I can get these from my local machine shop. These are durable parts ?

5. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi Larry,

Yes,I'm ordering their front bushing set but this set is missing the upper wishbone bushings. They sell those individually but I find them to expensive at $80 each including our duty fees and VAT...

6. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Arvid,

I am not sure what you mean by durable in this context. I can say that they wear well unless they lose the grease (and get water in). I use marine grease (such as used in boat trailer wheel bearings). It is excellent in keeping water out.

In a perfect world, these bushes need regular checking/greasing, but they rarely get it.

Regards

WM

7. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Thanks Bill,

These are self lubricating and and that is why I asked. If they are greased as well I suspect they will last in the dry conditions I use the car.

About the O-rings - should they be the same OD as the sleeve ?

8. Bill26

Bill26 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Bill Murdoch
    Arvid,

To be honest, I don't remember the exact arrangement of the seals. When you take it apart, you should be able to buy O rings that will substitute for the square section seals (if they are damaged). O rings don't need much crush to seal effectively, so select them to give some axial crush and an easy fit on the diameter.

Regards

WM