488 - Front Vorsteiner spoiler lip protection | FerrariChat

488 Front Vorsteiner spoiler lip protection

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Actualizer, Mar 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Hello everyone !
    I am getting delivery of my 488 Spyder back with the Vorsteiner CF body kit . My new Vorsteiner front spoiler is lower by approx. 10 to 14mm.
    Can anyone recommend the best custom solution to get a skid plate or a robust aesthetic protection solution to prevent dents and damage as it s my DD?
    I’ve looked at numerous options like skid pro and slip Lo as well as the fabspeed cf lip protection but these are precut for the 488 OEM spoiler or others look quite flimsy.
    I am informed that the ideal solution is a Kevlar based precut customized under spoiler protection but i am quoted approx US$ 4000/- for it.
    Any suggestions or help please .
    Best
    Ashar
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Well your not gonna have much fun with pot holes.

The panel is straight just use any of the commercial items and strategically place them front and back of the spoiler. Make sure you use the thinnest because if you scrape the bumper will also move up .

Actualizer and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Or kerbs. I have a hard time seeing that not take damage on a car that is actually driven. And the point about the bumper is a good one. Even with skid plates something will have to give. Either the lip or bumper mounts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MANDALAY likes this.
  5. Actualizer

Actualizer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

...didn’t need any lowering . Only 4.4 to 6 mm height difference between wheels and arches so looks OEM which is a bit haughty in any case. Any lowering fir the sake of style would lower the car so much that I’d be stressed driving as it’s my add.

6. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Uh...NO ...for me.

7. 458cc

458cc Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    That is a gorgeous lip but oh man does it look hard to drive!!