Front wheels rubbing on 458 with novitec springs | FerrariChat

Front wheels rubbing on 458 with novitec springs

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by vv23, Oct 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Hey guys,

I have a 2013 Ferrari 458 spider with Novitec springs and lift kit.

The issue I am having is the front tires both rub on the fender liner when going over bumps. Is this common with these springs? My front tire size is 245/35/20.

Any way to fix this other than raising the car?

Thanks

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Too low raise it up and realignment will be needed

3. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Do you have photos of your car so we can see how low it is sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. nero corsa

nero corsa Karting

Apr 4, 2017
    Are you in oem wheels or aftermarket.

5. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    I have the same car and springs and I have no issue. Mine are 235 though, and I didn’t lower it too much, just 20mm, from stock.

6. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    Hey guys,

Wheels are aftermarket ADV1 and have a more aggressive offset than factory. Maybe that contribuites to the problem. I can see the tread marks on the top fender liners.

I ordered some adjustment tools, gonna try raising it and see if that helps.

7. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    #7 r6elmo, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    if you lower it enough with aftermarket wheels with more aggressive offsets, it rubs on the liner. there is a bump where they left space for the bolt that mounts the bumper to the front fender. I have aftermarket wheels AND wide front tires so it rubs pretty good. Either raise it, go back to stock wheels, or modify the liner/mount to make it work.

I wish we had options to get stiffer springs. At the time I considered measuring the novitec springs and getting some eibach or race springs in equivalent but I'm unable to understand what the rates are as a base point.

That said the comfort in the car with the lowered novitec vs. lowered factory springs is night and day. even in race mode the car is super comfortable.

8. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Interesting, so the Novitec springs have a softer/nicer ride than the factory springs?

How stiff are the novitec in Race Mode compared to the stock springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    My car was stock height (4x4 levels) when I first purchased it, then lowered on stock springs, and now with novitec springs. I do not exactly recall the comparison of OEM vs. now but I'd say the comfort is similar. Meaning OEM height/springs are equal in comfort to lowered on Novitec in all modes.

10. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    I agree,

With the novitec springs the car is super smooth, especially in bumpy road mode.

Glides over most bumps