Frustrated Ferrari! | FerrariChat

Frustrated Ferrari!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Kharma Police, May 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kharma Police

Kharma Police Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Forest Hill, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I was heading west on MD SR 137 anxious to catch the evening "bite" on a local trout stream when I found myself behind a massive farm implement. It was travelling around 30 mph and taking up a lane and a half of one of the most fun-to-drive stretches of highway in the area. The stretch that I drive from Forest Hill to SR 83 winds and grind through rolling hills, farmers fields, horse farms and a couple of small towns.

Anyway, I was frustrated at my slow progress but the Ferrari owner heading eastbound must have had his heart in his throat as he swung his, I think, 355 around around the set of dirty and menacing discs intruding on his lane. I thought it was a shame he was stuck behind traffic with such a pretty stretch of road ahead of him. But I suppose he could have made short work of them if he chose to!

2. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    \

did you happen to catch us yesterday? We went through rocks around 4.

3. Kharma Police

Kharma Police Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Forest Hill, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Doesn't sound like it. This was around Monkton at about 500. ( I fished the Gunpowder, west of 83) I best Rocks is a nice drive though. It's got to be tempting to take a chance in those tight, rocky, twisty bits.

4. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Rocks is a very fun run, many times the Porsche has conquered that stretch of road! Were you fishing by the mill with the really narrow road (not sure of the name)?

5. Kharma Police

Kharma Police Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Forest Hill, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That's the spot. It's Masemore Road. I was amazed the first time I saw that the road choked down to a single lane, passed in front of the old stone house's front door and then did a nearly 90 degree turn around the corner of the house.

Here's the view about 1/4 upstream.

http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v162/steveziv/MISC/8rocks1.jpg

6. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    nice picture.

7. GarnetRedCoupe

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I did a little photoshoot there with my friends car, great spot. Here is a neat shot I took a few weeks ago:

http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v108/garnetredcoupe/0008.jpg