Frustrated | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Frustrated

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Uberpower, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If you are making 100k or more per year and you can't get ahead, you are spending too much. Can you downsize you home? If you have more cars than you need, sell one or trade one in for a more cost effective car. ie: better gas mileage, cheaper insurance, cheaper parts etc.... Do you spend money on golfing or other sports, movies, dinner out? I know it will be tough but not buying name brand things can save you some cash {I don't do this, it's hard to still find quality, plus I hate shopping}. If you have investmaents, look at them closely and decide if they are still right for you. If you have more than one cell phone, get rid of one. I have yet to make 100k in a year and I seem to be ahead of you. I'm not being an ass but I live in a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom house with two huge yards and have three cars. I'm still able to put $8-9,000 a year into the bank for rainy days. You are in charge of your money, if you buy a lot of vrap you don't need then you will be working to pay for it instead of saving/investing whatever. I'm moving next summer, into a smaller house, closer to work and I might sell two cars. I will pay less in heat, tax, property tax and to boot this thing in the ass, it's in a better part of town where in 5 years the hose will increase in value. I would love to live the rockstar life, buying whatever I wanted, flying all over the world,and whatever else comes into my head, but that **** costs coin. Coin that could make you more coin and more and more...
    It's free advice, the only kind you can afford to take all of the time.

2. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
  3. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Thanks Jason. I went to the Houston chapter already- not very encouraging.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Nick, I admire your attitude. I have no doubt that you'll be driving a Ferrari soon. If you can give me an idea as to what kind of work you enjoy doing, I'll check around and see whut's up.

Take Care, DrTax

5. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Nick, I'm in the similar situation too except I don't bring in that many digits yet. But I am also 24 and I want a 355 just as bad as you do. I'm very fortunate that my father left me a few properties before he passed away. My plan is to buy more houses and take after him. I’m still working and planning to further my education as well. Every week I get mail from people wanting to buy my properties, but as usual I toss them. If your business plans are failing, you can always go or look into real estate /invest.

Being young and owning/driving a Ferrari would feel great! I can probably buy a Ferrari right now if I want to but I'm thinking bigger. I figure in 5 years or so I would still probably look young (the same). Maybe that’s when I'll buy that 355 and have it parked in my mansion instead of house. Just kidding about the mansion part but I’m sure the 355 will have a nice home to park in. :)

Making a lot of money in the early age is a good start but "sacrificing/budgeting and having patience is the key." Don’t worry about getting that 355 in the future because that car can never age! I know most people at an early age want everything now. But having everything now can cause consequences in the future (just my opinion). That’s just how I do things. But whatever you decide to do Nick, good luck. And I know you will do just fine.

John

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    John,
    very good post & well said! Respect buddy!

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

7. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Hey Doc, thanks for the vote of confidence. I am a business consultant, working primarily with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems and SCM (Supply Chain Management) systems and the Middleware software that makes the two types of software talk to one another. I am VP of www.ipm-inc.com so we are constantly looking for large companies running SAP, Oracle, etc. to provide them consultants (we have about 50-ish consultants)

That's my profession, but my passion is Independent Film (no money there though). :)

Any help would be great! You're in Houston right?

Nick