Sold - FS: 1995 Ferrari F355 berlinetta - very complete car... | FerrariChat

Sold FS: 1995 Ferrari F355 berlinetta - very complete car...

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Robb, Oct 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta

Serial Number – 101116

Specifications

1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
    6-Speed Gated Manual Transmission
    Giallo Modena / Nero
    VIN – ZFFPR41A8S0101116
    32,560 Miles

Pros
    1. It’s a 1995 berlinetta with a gated 6-speed – 95’s are loved for many reasons
    2. Original and unmolested with all accessories and inclusions with additional OEM parts in boxes
    3. Fully documented maintenance and ownership history
    4. Well-maintained example that has been driven regularly BUT also pampered in dry climates
    5. No Accidents or incidents / Clean carfax / clean AZ title in hand
    6. Main areas that can be “scary” to new ownership are all already taken care of (valve guides, headers, sticky interior)
    7. No leaks or drips and No Check Engine Lights nor Slowdown Lights – this is a very dry car.
    8. Soft leather with only very small signs of wear to interior
    9. Giallo Modena – one of the strongest colors showing off the lines of this model – Yellow is the official color of Modena, Italy – In a sea of red, the owner will definitely stand out.
    10. Honest, knowledgable Seller, and regular on Ferrarichat.com with multiple F355 including an F355 challenge in the same garage
    Car has the following Upgrades
    1. Full Bronze to Steel Valve Guide Replacement Completed
    2. Headers Replaced with Fabspeed units with aerospace heat blankets and heat Shields – including OEM headers in box
    3. Capristo Sound 2/3 Exhaust – including OEM exhaust in box
    4. Straight Pipes on car – including Hi-Flow Cats for testing stored in box
    5. Momo Alcantara Steering Wheel on Hill Engineering spacer – including OEM airbag steering wheel in box with removed red warning bulb
    6. Hill Engineering, Billet Aluminum Dead Pedal – including OEM rubber dead pedal included
    7. All Plastic Parts (that are known to get sticky) have been refinished and restored with lazer-etched , proper graphics by StickyRx and also Sticky NoMore
    Cons
    1. Rock chips on front of car (see photos), mirrors and rocker panels
    2. Very slight dash leather shrinking only at top of dash at top defroster vents
    3. Chrome front windshield surround – some cars have black, some chrome
    4. Typical (pretty small) buttress cracks on driver side – you will find these on most every berlinetta / gts
    5. Undertray fiberglass has a few chips
    6. This is a 23 year old car so keep that in mind with all the cars that you look at
    Detailed Maintenance History
    1. Engine Out / Belts – July 1998 – Ferrari of Austin
    2. Engine Out / Belts - Jan 2002 – Ferrari of Denver
    3. Replace Clutch / Throw out Bearing – Feb 2002 - Ferrari of Denver
    4. Engine Out / replace all Valve Guides - Feb 2002 - Ferrari of Denver
    5. Replace Flywheel / Clutch – May 2004 - Ferrari of Denver
    6. Replace Power Steering Pump – Mar 2006 - Ferrari of Denver
    7. Engine Out / Belts - Sept 2012 - Ferrari of Denver
    8. Replace Radiator – Oct 2012 - Ferrari of Denver
    9. Replace Catalytic Converters – Mar 2013 – Ferrari Motor Service, AZ
    10. Replace Power Steering Oil Reservoir – Mar 2013 – Ferrari Motor Service, AZ
    11. Repair Air Conditioning System / Condensor / Coil / Compressor – Jun 2014 and Apr 2015 – Ferrari Motor Service, AZ
    12. Refinished All Interior (and even exterior rear window frame) Plastics - Oct 2014 thru Apr 2016 - Sticky RX and Sticky No More
    13. Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires – Feb 2015 – Currently have 9/32nds on each of the 4. These are practically new.
    14. Brake pads are currently over 50%.
    15. Capristo Stage 2/3 Exhaust – Nov 2015
    16. Fabspeed Headers with Aerospace Heat Blankets and heat shelds – Dec 2015
    17. Refinish all 4 wheels – Feb 2016 – these currently have zero miles on them.
    18. Replaced Engine Mounts – 2017 – Ferrari Motor Service, AZ
    19. Replaced all CV Boots – 2017 – Ferrari Motor Service, AZ
    20. Emissions Test in AZ and All Fluids Change – June 2017
    21. I would suggest it is near time for the next engine out service – This should run no more than $6,000 taking it to a trained independent or obviously less if you do it yourself. The good news is that many buyers prefer to buy a car coming up on the engine out service so they can pick and choose their shop to fit their comfort level. Be smart with the F355 and don’t get taken to the cleaners on unnecessary costs / service. Join the knowledgeable owners pool, then relax and enjoy. I am happy to advise on your shop selection. Please don’t quote ridiculous service fees from $12-20k. The service cost has been factored into the car’s price based on this car’s true needs and care.
    Ownership History
    1. Vincent Bevilacqua – Florence, Massachusetts – Feb 1995 thru Sept 1996, owner of Dino, 348ts, F355 berlinetta, and 360 Modena
    2. Dr. Kenneth Kim – Austin, Texas and Beverly Hills, California – Sept 1996 thru February 2000, owner of many Ferrari’s
    3. Michael Young – Lakewood, Colorado – Feb 2000 thru Aug 2003, owner of many, many Ferrari’s and prominent member of FCA Colorado
    4. Scott Bristol – Denver, Colorado – Aug 2003 thru Mar 2006, multiple Porsche owner who got the Ferrari bug, then went back to a Porsche 911 Turbo S
    5. Daniel Martin – Angel Fire, New Mexico – Mar 2006 thru Oct 2012, Bentley owner who got the Ferrari bug, then went back to Bentley
    6. Steffan Tauger – Parker, Colorado – Oct 2012 thru Jan 2013, multiple Porsche owner who got the Ferrari bug, then went back to a Porsche
    7. Robb Williamson – Mesa, Arizona – Mar 2013 thru Present, owner of 328 GTS, F355 Berlinetta, F355 Challenge, also steward to brother’s F355 GTS.
    Additional Items Included
    1. OEM Leather owner’s pouch with all books and papers
    2. OEM Leather tool case with all trays, tools, and can of fix a flat
    3. OEM floor mats in nero – Spare set of aftermarket mats with yellow script
    4. Two OEM Keys – One square lighted key c 1995, one with metal horse c 1996
    5. Two OEM Coinart keychain - 1995
    6. OEM car cover, steering wheel cover, two seat covers, and red carry bag
    7. OEM service light
    8. CTEK battery tender
    9. OEM Leather stereo blank plate – the 1995 cars were delivered without a radio. This has the original delivery blank plate installed.
    10. Window Sticker
    11. Binder with Hard Copies of all service records
    12. USB thumb drive with digital copies of all service records and photos
    Conclusion

The car pulls like a freight train with the extra rawness that the ’95 models offer and glides along like an industrial sewing machine all day long. It tackles road trips without any worries. It has the best sound that money can buy and comes with cold air conditioning. The tires, brakes, and clutch are all stellar and there are no electrical gremlins with a fresh battery always on a tender. The car does not sit and is exercised and enjoyed regularly. You will find very few cars anywhere in the world more complete. It is fully OEM and can be ready for a classiche certification if you prefer to swap out the new exhaust components to the possibly problematic original system. I started with a good Ferrari – it is now a great Ferrari. It’s now up to the new owner to pick and choose how to enjoy. The sky is the limit.

Why am I selling this car?

I do have reservations because of this car's condition and my connection to it with our adventures. But I have decided to sell this car in search of one in a shade of blue that I have always been hoping for. The ferrarichat owner's group talked me out of a bare metal respray based on cost, downtime, and complexity to do it right. So this car will be making way for some changes in our new garage (we currently have three F355) and onto a blue F355 I have a line on.

Pricing

While we like to complain that Haggerty Insurance valuation is always late to the party (and lower than many markets), here are their current ranges for prices for the ’95 to ’99 F355 with a gated 6-speed manual. They do not differentiate between the ‘95’s and later years although the market does seem to take that into consideration:

#4 – Fair - $73,000
    #3 – Good - $85,000
    #2 – Excellent - $93, 000
    #1 – Concours – $110,000

Haggerty’s prices do not take into account higher selling prices for models with valve guides that have been replaced, or cars with replaced aftermarket headers and interior sticky refinishing – the three ‘scary’ parts to F355 ownership. So add up just those improvements (hint, it can hit more than $15k) that you would need (and want) to do on another F355 and compare prices on what other cars need that you see advertised. Add up all the pieces on what it will take to get them to this level if you could even find all the pieces… Look at what comes inside this owners pouch. Most cars out there do not include all the cards, manuals, or small details. This car even comes with the original dealer sales jacket and invoices.

Other obvious plusses are the most sought after Capristo exhaust already installed which will garner the “best sounding Ferrari” quotes all day long for a reason. This car is one of the most complete that you will come across.

I would categorize this car under the Excellent category above under Haggerty’s values. I have priced the car with consideration of the upcoming engine out service.

I have priced this car at $82,500 - which all things considered should be in a sweet spot for buyers based on what has been done and is included.

If you want a “complete” car that is likely only to appreciate in value with very few things “to do” then look no further and just enjoy.

Robb Williamson
    [email protected]
    303-883-8359

I will continue to attach additional photographs of the car and its inclusions throughout the week. I am happy to discuss the car with interested parties through PM, email, or phone. Thanks for your interest.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

eyeman1234, crinoid, Qavion and 3 others like this.
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Gorgeous Robb, that's the type of write up, and owner, any person should be thrilled to buy a car from! Well done, and I hope it goes to a good home!

goose22b and Robb like this.
  3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have driven this car several times and it is one of the nicest driving 355's I have ever had the pleasure of driving. It is really well sorted and had all kinds of love lavished on it and it all shows.

Robb likes this.
  4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Well done Robb. That car won't last long, and will make someone very happy.

GLWS

Robb likes this.
  5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    While I've never laid eyes on this car in person, I've known Robb for 5 years, meeting in person several times. Robb is a stand up guy and a giant enthusiast that takes great pride in making things right. I would not hesitate to recommend Robb for a second. The buyer of this car will be happy.

goose22b and Robb like this.
  6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    If I had the funds this would be the car that I KNOW I could buy right now, sight unseen. I have always enjoyed Robb's posts and love for the 355.

Robb likes this.
  7. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    If anyone want a gorgeous and well maintained 355...this is it.

Robb likes this.
  8. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I have seen this car in person and it is a true drivers car. The car has been well maintained,and the owner is a well respected enthusiast. This car for this price is an excellent deal.

Weather you want a garage queen or a driver this is a very good car. Runs great, looks very good, better than most that I have seen, but more importantly the things you can not see have been fixed and not hidden or patched up.
    I believe Robb is making the correct choice to sell since respraying a different color in my opinion does not do an original car justice.

I know he does not want to sell it but wants a blue one and that tells it all knowing he is not going to get the money back he spent on the car, But instead does the correct enthusiast choice of selling at a loss and buying the correct color and starting all over.

Good luck with your blue one. I think not doing the engine out is also better for the new owner if they are particular as well.

Get in your car of plane and get over there, and bring cash because once you see it your wont be leaving without it.

Good luck with your sale and congratulations to the new owner who ever they may be, you got a great example of a breathtaking beauty.

Robb likes this.
  9. Fabate87

Fabate87 Karting

Feb 16, 2014
    Chicago
    Great detailed POST! Any interior shots or short video?

Robb likes this.
  10. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Thanks for your kind comments.

I am on the road with work in San Fran this week. I will post detailed images of the full interior, engine bay, trunk, and accessories this weekend along with more exteriors this week. It’s been busy but I wanted to get the car listed for those on the fence in starting the process. I’m sure that those images will be well received. I’m sorry I was unable to get all these on at once. I am looking forward to some good time back home.

I sold my argento Ferrari 328 gts on Ferrarichat previously to another member here and that was a smooth transaction with a happy new owner. We still touch base and meet up.

Thanks again for the interest. Keep it tuned here for more shortly.

Robb

11. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Very nice ad! And great price for a sorted 95 berlinetta. I'll be surprised if this isn't sold quickly.

Robb likes this.
  12. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well written ad. The new owner should be so lucky. GLWS.

Robb likes this.
  13. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  15. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Robb likes this.
  16. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    355dreamer and Robb like this.
  17. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #17 Drock28, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    ive seen well written ads.. but this is to another level..!

I don't think Ive seen an as well documented 355 or any car for that matter... all the way through to original owner..

last engine out was Sept 2012, so that's exactly 5years.
    with the condition of this car.. if I were buying.. id drive it minimum 2 more years before doing it.
    therefore other then fluids, this is a no maintenance car for 2 years..

Robb likes this.
  18. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  19. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Ha ha I knew that post would just eat at you about the fender alignment.

Robb likes this.
  20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking car! what a classic

Robb likes this.
  21. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Beautiful, well maintained, sorted and loved car from a very reputable and known seller. This should do well and the buyers should be thrilled. GLWS! Forza F355!

Robb likes this.
  22. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  23. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Best of luck with the sale and getting you new car.

24. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Beautiful F355, and Robb is a great guy.

Dave rocks likes this.
  25. bford

bford Rookie

Aug 13, 2016
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Brad Ford
    Hi Robb,
    What happened to the challenge grill?