FS: 360 CS **Low Mileage** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FS: 360 CS **Low Mileage**

Discussion in '360/430' started by SP_wEaZeL, Jan 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Actually, the only reason "this guys thread" hasn't been deleted (ads belong in FerrariAds.com, not here) is all the price comparative info posted by others. The discussion of past sales and relative pricing for colors in different regions of the country is interesting and appropriate for this forum...

so, in fact, those posts saved the thread... though perhaps prevent any interest in what he's selling. But posting on FerrariAds.com is still an option for him... and might work better than this thread is turning out.

2. SP_wEaZeL

SP_wEaZeL Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Price is always negotiable!

3. quickysrt

quickysrt Karting

Nov 17, 2004
    virginia beach, va
    Full Name:
    harlow
    hope cs prices drop more by the time i am ready in late feb :)

4. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    well that much is certain if in fact ferrari really did boost production to 1500 from the 900 early number.

5. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    to summarize current pricing:

red <1000 miles: 191
    ti/blk/silver< 1000 miles in LA: 210?
    200 mi blk LA: currently offered 225

can anyone add some data??? my guess is ti/blk/silver< 1000 miles non LA/east coast is 200.

430:

2/5 delivery 430 #1 LA 70 over offer

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wattster: for the most part you're right on. You might want to add 1k+ carsl; I think the actual sales prices on those are about 3-5k lower than what you're posting. There are cars moving in the mid-low 180s now (mostly red).

--Dan

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Don't you guys feel that there is dealer prices and private party prices? Dealer asking prices are typically 10% higher.

8. udalmia

udalmia Guest

thats cause many of the cars you see at dealers are there on consignment and the 10% is mostly the dealership's commission, but then again wouldnt you feel more comfortable buying from a dealer than a private party?

9. vtandon

vtandon Rookie

Aug 3, 2004
    watt to summarize current pricing:

red <1000 miles: 191
    ti/blk/silver< 1000 miles in LA: 210?
    200 mi blk LA: currently offered 225

can anyone add some data??? my guess is ti/blk/silver< 1000 miles non LA/east coast is 200.

430:

2/5 delivery 430 #1 LA 70 over offer
    Yesterday 06:24 PM

Buddy of mine just a yellow on black with 150 miles for 200k.

Vic

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    No. I'm buying the car not the dealer. If the car is a good car then why would it matter?

11. nerostradale

nerostradale Rookie

Oct 29, 2004
    I Paid for my nero stradale 196k

12. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Isn't a CS pretty much just going for it's MSRP if under 5K miles? That could range from the 180s to over 215, depending upon the options. My CS has an MSRP of $211K.

13. SP_wEaZeL

SP_wEaZeL Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    The way I see it, The new owner will pay what they want to pay. Simple as that!

14. lrattner

lrattner Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lonnie Rattner
    The impression I am getting from reading alot of the posts is that there is a lot of buying and selling of low mileage CS (as well as others). The question I have is why is this happening with such frequency?
    It doesn't seem that these cars are used enough to really get the enjoyment one would expect one to get by buying them. Unless the joy is buying them as garage queens only to resell them after that feeling has worn off and make a profit doing so.
    When I buy a car I really use it. My last Ferrari I woned I put 15,000 miles on it the first year I had it and finally sold it after owning it for five years.
    I did little track work with it and drove it everday to work and really enjoyed the hell out of it.
    I did own a 1965 Corvette fuelie that I restored. Had that for three years and put 200 miles on it because it was a show car. After winning every car show it was in, the thrill wore off and I sold it for a profit. It seems that alot of the Ferraris talked about here fall into that category.
    How much fun can you have with a car when you keep it for 5-6 months, put 1500 miles on it and then sell it?? Very strange.

15. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    please direct me to these 180 cars.... i need one. thanks

16. lrattner

lrattner Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lonnie Rattner

ME TOO!!

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wattster: check your email.

--Dan

18. udalmia

udalmia Guest

they must be hidden in the basements of NJ Porsche dealers

19. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    you found them to?

20. alligator

alligator Rookie

Jun 28, 2004
    That's the paradox of owning a high end car. You want to use and enjoy it, but you really get killed when you sell it. It is truly shocking to me as to how the value disintegrates with mileage. I put 28k on my last Turbo, and wow did the trade value show it. I was competing with 200-400 mile cars. I'm faced with that problem now. I keep leaning to replacing my GT2 with a CS, but how much can I drive it?

21. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    LOL...I just caught that one. :)

22. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    life is short. we're blessed to live in a stable country with great driving roads. just drive it and enjoy life!!!!!

23. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    I never really understood this attitude.

Its like going to the bank, withdrawing $200,000 and sticking it in the garage. Then spending $3-4k over then next year. After which you put the rest back in the bank.

If your going to go to the trouble of buying one of these cars. Drive it for gods sake.

If your worried about losing money on it, then your stupid for buying it in the first place. Because counting on residuals holding up for the sake of putting 400 miles on a car is just plain stupid.

The market could take a dive for some other reason. And then you'd be in the hole for 400 poxy miles.

24. alligator

alligator Rookie

Jun 28, 2004
    ...I certainly hope when you say your (sic) stupid you are talking in the collective sense, regardless, that is my point. I do drive them, often to excess, but that doesn't mean that I have to like getting hosed when I get the next car because others don't use their cars. Also, isn't is a personal decision, often based on locale, family etc? I live in Florida, so salt on the road isn't a big concern, but I suspect most CS owners don't "use" their cars in that environment.

25. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #50 360CS, Jan 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017